Who would be soccer world champion 2014 in Brazil?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Deutscher Meister, Jan 15, 2014.

1. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I can name at least 12-14 worldclass players in Spain NT, can you name 3 or 4 in Ghana team?

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yo JamesBH11, great post, and I agree completely.

I think you would benefit from learning from yourself here: present a good argument with no cap locks and insulting, and your argument is respectable and sharp. Yell and abuse and your good points get lost.

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Perception is a bitch, now every player that shows a little promise for Spain is considered world class or the next big thing. Is kind of like what happens with all brasilians and argentine players. Just because Spain has won two euros and a world cup plus barcelona dominated at club level.

But reality is that the talent gap is not there as shown by those youth failing to win anything in the world stage. Ghana has as much talent as Spain has that's my opinion.

Define World Class for me, other than opinion what do you use to appoint those 12 as world class.

[]__[]

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have to disagree. Spain has lots of promising players that are not considered World class. I mean, obviously. It also hasnt happened to Brazil and Argentina: some exceptions of course get hyped up, but the normal situation is that the promising players of these top countries aren't considered the next big thing. People may expect Neymar to be the best Brazilian footballer of this decade, but they don't expect every young Brazil NT player to be that. And Brazil has a lot of talent that doesn't even make the NT. It's the same with Spain: people may expect a lot from players like Thiago or Jese, but they don't expect that level from everyone, and a lot of talent doesn't make the NT.

World class also isn't only young players' issue, whether they one day become one or not. It's a debate (that bases on the definition of "world class") with older players as well. Let's put all the Spanish and Ghana players to the same pool of players and make, say, two XIs out of them. What's the percentage of Ghana in these teams?

As far as talent and young players, make the same thing with players, say, under 25 or 24. Ghana's percentage?

5. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    That was mentioned many times ...

Regardless, the definition, I can name 12 best Spanish players and they are all playing in TOP3 best leagues of teh world and sit well in TOP50 right now

Ghana had ZERO player in TOP5 best leagues, but all played in 2nd rate (or even 3rd, 4th rated) leagues ... Obviously NONE are FAR from being called Worldclass.

6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Only player on Spain squad I consider world class is Iniesta, some others used to be but arent anymore.

[]__[]

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Right, gotcha. :cool:

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know why anyone even bothers with the Ghana argument. Every world cup there are a ton of people who like to look really smart by hyping up an African team just because a few experts give them an outside shot of getting through to the KO stage. In 2010 it was Cote D'Ivoire and here in this thread its Ghana.

And when Ghana fails to get through their group, this guy is gonna do 1 of 2 things. He'll either say there was a FIFA/Referee conspiracy to make Ghana lose, or he'll pretend he never made the prediction. I'm not singling this one guy out, people do it all the time. Just saying, anyone trying to change his mind about Ghana or has a plan to go after him when Ghana fails, all the best. You're stuck at a dead end lmao.

JamesBH11 repped this.
  9. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And this will keep happening as long as African teams continue to knowingly OR unknowingly cheat ages at Youth tournamentsm, which results in unexpected spectacular performances

10. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Ghana is in the toughest group of the World Cup if they dont make it through by failing to gain points than you might be right. But if they get points and fail to get through because of goal differential or other tiebreaker criteria then you cant blame their failure on lack of talent. And some of the best players in the history and currently have come from the continent of Africa. That's why people hype those teams because is rare that a continent with so much talent havent won one world cup or even made one final.

[]__[]

11. BigBro

BigBro New Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Germany has high probability to win.

12. santi1196

santi1196 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
  13. wangfeng

wangfeng Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Spain is the best team in the world.

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    rightly so ...
    I do not disrespect African teams, they have some good talents in the team ... but ... football is a TEAM WORK that involved tactics, strategy and coaching guides on top of the "experiences" of the players in BIG games .

African teams could "surprise" some good teams in their best days, but they will NOT win straight many games (like in WC 7games) due to limit in experiences and tactics ...

I wish to see USA< Africa or Asia teams to win a WC one day ... but that day seems SO FAR AWAY

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Racist post

[]__[]

zahzah repped this.
  17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    that's a WEAK inferiority in the excuse ...

USA team is SAME O ... it will take them LOOOOOOOOOOONG while to win WC , and I do live in US

18. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You wrote that African teams dont know tactics and that's what hurts them. Implying that they are all physical gifted but too dumb to know how to play. LOL that's racists to me.

[]__[]

zahzah repped this.
  19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How was that racist?

You throw such accusations, you ought to have firm arguments to back your claims, imo.

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    not really ... I can tell Denilson (brazil), Theo Walcott (English) ... are dumB in tactics as well so?

21. Bayu Rizaldhan Rayes

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope for Germany as well..

22. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    That was the case in the past but no longer. All of Nigeria's players were bone tested last u17 world cup and the still had arguably the most dominant youth tournament ever, scoring more than everyone else and letting in less goals than everyone else. They were simply the best u17 team in the world hands down

zahzah repped this.
  23. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I also second this post.

Ghana? Wish full thinking.

Having said that I have got a bad feeling Brazil will go down in Semi's.

Can't explain why, just a bad feeling.

24. nonoman123

nonoman123 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    iquique
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    champion. Brazil or Germany
    runner-up. Argentina or Brazil
    third. Germany or Brazil or Spain

25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Difference from this post is that you are singling out two players, but in the previous post you grouped the entire african continent as being dumb in tactics as the reason they cant win the world cup.

[]__[]