Who wins: USMNT North America or USMNT Europe

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ussoccer97531, Jan 28, 2014.

1. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    its literally 50/50 if he'll be in europe but what is for sure that it will likely be in a poor league and his poor performances in these poor leagues make it ridiculous that he'd help the usmnt at any point in the near future.

the entire thread is about a hypothetical match between euro/mls american players. I stand by my point that its laughable that mix would somehow swing the hypothetical match the euro teams way if he was on it. I could argue that he'd him being on the euro team could swing the match mls's way. After all he was in mls and couldn't get on the pitch that is in large part why he is in his career where he is.

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ah, I get it. You're arguing against a bunch of stuff I never said.

Again, all I said is that the list of the 30-some players the previous two posters mentioned as Euro based US players left off some serviceable-but-not-exceptional players, like (potentially - if he moves back to Europe) Mix. It wasn't some grand claim. It was pretty much just a factual observation. It's really not controversial.

btlove repped this.
  3. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    That team is incredibly old. Several will be retired in the next 12 months. Almost none of them are in consideration for the USMNT at this time (3 of 11 starters).

juveeer and btlove repped this.
  4. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I repeat mix is terrible and shouldn't be listed as a great/good/serviceable player for any team. That is why he is in Korea. He also couldn't get on the field in mls and nobody wanted him when they were offered him in mls...so no he isn't good and isn't serviceable.

5. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    I'd take the U-20 Euros over the MLS USMNT.

Excited to see Dest in this upcoming tournament, as I thought he should have been with the full team when I saw him in the U17 tourney. He's that good.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #156 freisland, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    That's just silly. But you're arguing with a guy in your head, so I'll leave you to it.

There are 30+ players based in Europe listed in this thread by other posters, even without Mix, which is quite a bit of depth. And there are quite a few additional players, eligible, already with the odd cap (U or senior) and some eligible to switch. Few if any of them will ever feature for the USMNT, but they exist. That's just a fact.

7. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know. I am arguing against the idea that the Euro kids would kill any MLS 11.

Some of my guys should be in consideration but even if you want to make it all under 30, I would take MLS USMNT vs the field in the Gold Cup

8. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I totally get what ur doing the facts were just thrown at you it started as who would win... you thought we needed to keep in mind mix who could be a euro next season(not why that would impact a match right now like the question was put out there) meaning you thought he could be a difference maker...then mix became 'servicable...then you remembered mix bombed out of mls and now there are 30+ players in europe...but the fact is there aren't that many good players. Most are young and unproven and mls would absolutely have a shot if they played today. Now its abotu players may switch lol...just keep changing the conversation.

In the end mix is terrible and an mls/euro match would likely be 0-0 at fulltime unless mix played then mls would win because he is terrible.

9. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GK's would be close to even with Horvath and Steffen. Back line is much better with the Euro based players. Dmid not even an argument with Adams and McKennie over anyone the MLS has from any country of origin.

No one is stopping CP from the MLS. Weah is too much for any LB or RB in the MLS.

It's not even a decent fight. Not sure the MLS guys could score a goal in a 3 game series.

10. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frei is
    I love Weah but he didn't exactly run the Scottish league ragged.

Pulisic will cause problems but if he can be contained by Concacaf teams, MLS players can do a job.

Altidore can and will score against anybody with service.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Um... below is the actual, verbatim exchange. The discussion was about how deep the pool is, and, as I stated, there are more "serviceable" players then even the 30+ already mentioned. And, as I mentioned, none are stars. It's not that complicated, whatever imaginary convo you might want to be having...

The idea I just "remembered" Mix "bombed out," when I'm one of the few guys who actually knows what he's been up to in SK is silly. The guy has USMNT caps and is a regular - even a bit of a star - on his current team. That's just a fact.

I really am not sure what you're trying to do here, but you do you.

upload_2019-5-24_13-57-13.png

bsky22, gunnerfan7, btlove and 2 others repped this.
  12. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    must be shocked him missing out on the gold cup huh? maybe he is too good for it though I know real madrid is looking for an attacking mid star like mix may do the trick lol. up to at sk??? playing average in a poor league...not up to much but keep on the mix bandwagon.

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You keep battling with that imaginary argument with that fella in your fevered dream... I'm sure he enjoys it as much as you. Have a good Memorial Day. Lol.

btlove repped this.
  14. btlove

btlove Member

United States
    Sep 29, 2017
    Austin Texas
    @a_new_fan is constantly getting into heated arguments with himself. But to his credit he wins 90% of those arguments.

yurch10, a_new_fan and freisland repped this.
  15. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    How is he off red card?

16. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    the truth shall set you free.....and it has set me free

never on a red cart just because facts hurt ur feelings it shouldn't get people banned. people are running from these boards because of you and ur little group chasing them off because you can't handle the truth. at some point the mods have to add those numbers up and realize they've banned way more people because of you then you bring here. on top of that people are starting to realize these self proclaimed 'scouts' arent scouts at all they are message board warriors.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lol. I never interacted with new fan that I recall before, but I seem to have stumbled into a real character...

BTW, Mix scored a nice goal this week. Looks like he's having fun in "far eastern" Europe!

18. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only fact I see in this thread is you never reply to the actual words people type.

Did that set you free?

juveeer repped this.
  19. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frei is what? He's not in the class of those 2 if that's what you meant.

Weah hasn't gotten a decent chance yet. When he's in it's obvious to me that there's athleticism, desire and quality there.

And CP isn't contained by concacrap teams. He's beaten up and fouled with no support from Bradley, Altidore, etc. And zero service from his MLS level teammates. Put him out there with McKennie, Adams, Weah, etc and you'll see a level of play not witnessed by the USMNT in a long time if ever.

20. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant to say Frei is very solid and has been a game winner for Seattle. His problem is age.

I love all the kids but you are enjoying fan fiction if you want to say CP, wasn't contained in Concacaf.

CP whiffed on good service notably against Costa Rica. He's our best player but not a demi-god.

21. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I reply to the words people type every single time what I don't do is get off the original point so when someone is proven wrong I stick with it I don't let them just change the point without admitting they were wrong. has happened to you a few times.

22. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Tim Weah could be the next Jovan Kirovski.

23. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember him very well. Is that a good thing?

24. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He was the first US player to accomplish many things in Europe. Including the first to score in the Champion's League and the first to play on team that won the Champion's League.

He had many other accomplishments so I would say that the comparison is a good thing. However I do NOT see that the comparison has any validity. They are very different in manner of play and I do not see any reasonable comparison between the two other than they are both humans and both soccer players.

50/50 Ball repped this.
  25. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    It would be a very disappointing thing if it came to pass. He had an impressive euro resume that should of went a lot further than it did for the nats.

50/50 Ball repped this.