Who wins: USMNT North America or USMNT Europe

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ussoccer97531, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    -----T.Boyd/Weah------Wooten/Sargent--------Pulisic
    -----------Holmes--------Adams-------McKennie---------
    Robinson----------Brooks------Miazga--------Yedlin
    ---------------------Steffan/Horvath----------------------

Bench: Nova, Moore, Amon, Gall, Morales, Johnson, Ream, Green, CCV, EPB

versus

---Baird--------------Altidore--------------Arriola
    ------Lletjet-----------Trapp----------Roldan
    Lovitz-----------Long----------Zimmerman------Lima
    ------------------------Johnson--------------------

Bench: Bradley, Bedoya, Djorde, Cannon, Garza, J.Gonzales, Nagbe

2. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    That's not even a contest.

RalleeMonkey, SCSAutism, DHC1 and 2 others repped this.
  3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re right it’s not but Gregg is certainly trying to make it one.

RalleeMonkey, SCSAutism, yurch10 and 2 others repped this.
  4. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't forget: wood, williams hyndman, tillman, chandler johansson cappis sibatcheu (if eligible) and cameron

5. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

0-0 at full time goes to penalties

6. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    if those guys are playing it would swing mls's way big time. also tells you how limited the pool is when you are listing fringe youth players and 'if eligible' players(who have said they want to play for other countries) in trying to make the group look deep.

7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think it depends on the refereeing.
    If it is called like an MLS match then it strongly favors the thugs from the MLS and that might well decide the match.
    On the other hand if it is actually called by the laws of soccer the European based players will dominate and there could easily be 2 or 3 red cards to the domestics if they try to play like they do in the MLS.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    MLS would win because they can practice together a lot more on non FIFA days.
    The Europe guys would only have a limited time frame.
    :ROFLMAO:

adam tash repped this.
  9. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    A far more interesting question now would be the result between the two theoretical teams without Adams, Pulisic and McKennie playing. Those three are pretty far ahead of any of our players on either side of the pond. At some point in the very near future we could have a few more in that category but not yet.

10. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    you know two of those guys...don't score goals on a regular basis the idea that they will somehow overpower anyone is crazy.

50/50 Ball repped this.
  11. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Bradley plays, USMNT Europe wins.......;)

yurch10 repped this.
  12. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Both Adams and McKennie (the two you are referring to I assume) cover huge amounts of ground and through their pressing and ball winning abilities we will be able to dominate the midfield. I don't expect either to rack of huge goal tallies but RB seem to do pretty well with Adams and Shalke would be in much more trouble than they are without McKennie.

13. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    That's not how it works I like both if them but they are no where near ready to dominate a good team especially with most the team overmatched. Cuba is in trouble but that really couldnt matter less

14. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    I believe that I said something to the effect of "they can dominate most teams and help us stay close to the rest". I guess it depends on what you consider a good team and what you consider close. I would say that we wouldn't be able to dominate a top team but having both Adams and McKennie will prevent us from being overrun and dominated in the center of the field. I would say that "most teams" are not "top teams". I am a strong believer in a strong central midfield as a key piece to a strong team. A huge part of that strong central midfield is the ability to disrupt and prevent possession by the other team by pressing, covering ground and the ability to win 50/50 balls. I believe that having, not one, but two players that can do that gives us a huge potential advantage over most teams that we will face if we take advantage of it. Against "the rest", it will help improve our "fighting chance".

DHC1 repped this.
  15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    They left out plenty of "euro" guys, though. Not stars, but a group of decent regulars. The good news is both groups are fairly deep at with "serviceable" players, but what is required is exceptional talents.

16. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    people over value euro players below average talent is below average talent

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Uh... ok, just saying there are a few more guys that could be listed. Also a few "up in the air" - not sure what Mix' plans are, for instance, and there are rumors of the possibility of a few "euro" guys headed to MLS, where they will, of course, magically be Lake Woebegoned to above average, I guess.

18. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    its not close if ur giving up 65% poss, if you get less then two sog regardless of the score because you weren't a real threat. mexico is an average team at their best and on a normal day below average. if two thirds of ur midfields strength is straight up defense and hoping that somehow offense appears from it you are not going to win matches against average teams.

19. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    mix? you can't be serious

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Huh? Serious about what? That he might be back in Europe next year? Yeah, it's possible. But I don't really know. Do you?

yurch10 repped this.
  21. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I know he is playing in a league that is basically usl level on an typical weekend and he wasn't good enough three years ago to get minutes in mls and now you think man city(the team that owns him) is going to play him lol.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Hm... that's interesting. I did not know the FA instituted a new rule that Citeh players could only be loaned to South Korea or play for Manchester. I guess there will be a housing crisis in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy as the Manchester loan army streams home...

23. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    fyi chelsea has the loan army man city tends to loan young players chelsea loans everyone. If you think top clubs are just lined up to get their hands no mix you've forgotten why he is where he is.

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Um... Mix is currently on loan. You think City will not loan him again? What do you think they are going to do with him - pay him to not play? The question for Mix is whether he stays in SK or moves to another club - which, if he moves is most likely going to be in Europe unless he continues the Mix World Tour. I'm not sure what is so controversial/difficult about this. You seem oddly upset by it.

25. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #150 50/50 Ball, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    I don't see why people are so sure about the Euros winning it.

I could put together more than a MLS 11 that can win right now.

Jozy

Nguyen

Feihaber Bedoya Arriola

Canouse/Dax

Beasley Besler Opara Cannon

Frei/Melia

Pomykal/Ebobise/Zimmerman/Lewis/Roldan