Who will win the league this year?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by cdpconrad2119, Aug 2, 2005.

1. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    The pre-season prognosis and evaluations thread didnt have a poll so i thought i would make one. My mind is saying Anderlecht because of the new signings but i am going to have to go with Brugge.

2. FooTh

FooTh New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Belgium
    anderlecht should win this time ...
    brugge has sold too much, standard won't win enough against smaller teams and rc genk and lierse need one more year to grow and be competitive I think

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Surprisingly I decided to go for Standard. If the team keeps together there will be no one to challenge them, especially as they don't have the burden of European football.

4. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    Anderlecht of course ;)

They have simply the best team...

5. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Its not always the best team that wins. It could be the team with alot of luck. I hope Ceulemans will bring that luck.

6. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Anderlecht is the big favourite, but we'll just have to see.
    Gent,Germinal,Lierse,Charleroi and Lokeren are favourites to fight for the 5th place .
    and maybe Westerlo.

1. Anderlecht
    2. Club Brugge
    3. Standard
    4. Genk
    5. Lokeren
    6. Gent
    7. Germinal
    8. Charleroi
    9. Westerlo
    10. Lierse

7. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    Who else thinks La Louviere is in risk of being relegated. Over the last 8 months they have lost Ishiaku, Klukowski, and Proto. And their backup goalie is complete crap. Didnt he give up 7 goals to Lierse in the last game of the year last year.

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Don't know about the goalie, but La Louviere is surely a relegation candidate. They had to buy a completely new team (not only those you mention left) and their coach is a question mark. Emilio Ferrera was rapidly becoming a big name in coaching in Belgium but then he chose some wrong teams and did very bad with them. By now I'm having my doubts whether it really was the fault of the teams.

9. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I hope it will be Standard this time. I am hoping this for quite some years now, and every time they manage to stuff up :( but this time they really invested a lot, it's now or never I'm afraid, so I hope it's "now". The league can use another champion but RSCA or Bruges, otherwise we're off to a Scotland-esque league dominated by the same two teams every year.

Anderlecht will battle for the title again of course, but I can't stand them so I hope they will be beaten by the Rouches from Liege :cool: