Who will win the golden boot at WC2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Txtriathlete, May 11, 2006.

1. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    Sempre, great posts. I completely agree with you. If someone actually believes that the golden boot winner won't come from that group you have togather there wrong. It would be nice to have some Americans or Mexicans to make people happy, and this isnt saying they wont do well at the world cup, but the golden boot winner wont come from there team.

2. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you actually read my orignal post, you would have noticed I'm refering to international competition, which is a completely different beast than club play, obviously. in the portugal forum i mentioned how henry doesnt even deserve to be there...scoring goals for arsenal, but not for fance doesnt really matter when the WC comes around does it?

3. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    IMO, Pauleta should be included in this poll, but there are a number of players that could arguably be included that are not there (besides Pauleta, Tevez, Ibrahimovic and Makaay quickly come to mind). Remember, you could only include so many players in a poll of 16 maximum choices and it's easy to forget players, especially when they are not trumpeted in the media with such frequency as others like Henry, Sheva and Adriano are...

4. Adriano#1

Adriano#1 New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Pauleta
    Cristiano Ronaldo

What kind of idiot would leaves these two guys off the list:rolleyes:

5. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Jeez, guys. Cut us some slack, would ya? These polls are really difficult to do!

6. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    IMO, it HAS to be one of the brazilians for the Golden Boot.

Their group is a bigger joke than anything on Southpark. I would seriously be surprised if any of their opposition can successfully string together more than two passes in Brazil's half.

7. GatoFedorento

GatoFedorento New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
    Pauleta scored an hattrick in WC02 against Poland, what makes you so sure he won't do it again? Plus, he is the all time leading scorer of the Portuguese NT with a record of 42 goals, one more than Eusebio, he was leading scorer in qualifying stages of the European zone (11 goals) and the best scorer of the French league with 21 goals plus 5 in the Cup. He deserves to be in the list, he's the lone striker of one of the most prolific teams in the World.

8. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You can give them all the stats but they dont give a shit about us Portuguese. Many people are Brazil, Argentina, Italy and England dickriders and I am willing to bet that they have never touched a soccer ball in their lives. Many people are basing this on their FIFA 06 knowledge from PS2 anmd Xbox.

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. A lot of posters here are being overly critical. It's just "why isn't so and so from my country not here?!" There's a 16 choice limit remember. Some people keep bringing McBride and Donovan. I want to see these players do well obviously, being from the states but honestly - no one outside America would give these guys a chance to win the golden boot. Someone else mentioned guys from Angola - I mean com on!

Pauleta is an interesting choice. Portugal's all time leading goalscorer could be a good outside bet for this award. I think it was his disasterous Euro 2004 that has put many people off him though. Hopefully he'll be in for a good tournament this time.

10. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    I'd complain about the lack of US players, but we'll be lucky to make it to the round of 16.:(

11. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
  12. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    or Klose, it should be a given germany will make the final

13. svwin

svwin New Member

May 14, 2006
    Germany
    What about Klose??? Thats really stupid!!!
    He is the goalgetter nummber one in Germany this Bundesliga-season with 25 goals in 26 games and he is NOT listed here. But Podolski is who only made 12 goals in 32 games.
    Miroslav Klose got the silver boot in WC 2002 and now he is better than ever before!!!

I vote for Klose!

14. footballitis05

footballitis05 New Member

Jun 24, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri

Agreed. IMO it will be Adriano. his form with brazil has never been questioned. plus he has the supporters to create the oppourtunities for him. ronaldo will bag 3, ronnie 2 and kaka 1 but i expect 5 or 6 for adriano if he is in top form.

15. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lol the winner is not even there...

Good job tex :D ;)

16. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home
    Well, it's only logical to not include the best goalscorer of the last Bundesliga season, the second best goalscorer of the last WC and the best goalscorer in general of the host nation. Afterall Germany is not Spain, and the Bundesliga not the Serie a. ;)

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea shame Klose never played for Liverpool, or some "good" team like that, instaed of Werder who never has played in the Champions League or in a "good league". Shame really.