Who Will Win The Copa Libertadores???

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoyDelMustang, Jan 3, 2008.

1. reivaj15

reivaj15 New Member

May 26, 2005
    Monterrey
    AAAyyy NO MAMEESSSS

2. rochester rhinos

rochester rhinos New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    under a pipal tree
    [​IMG]Dont you remeber this carnal?

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Portuguesa beat Santos. Palmeiras played a small team in the state of São Paulo by the name of Sertãozinho.

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    seriously I can see/agree with the other excuses, but this is a pretty bad one

5. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The 1st Adriano goal was sweet. The 2nd was poor GK. And you're entitled to your opinion but your statement about Guara is ridiculuos. Close to half the field, without even playing one game is Arg + Braz + Mex = 14 teams -- already the scales tip in the favor of Arg + Braz. In the 'rest' we have some Copa Libertadores winners, a bit more then your Guara has ever accomplished: Colo-Colo(1x), Atl Nacional (1x), Nacional (3x). If you add semis/finals, you can include: Cucuta Dep., Univ Catolica, LDU. Vez teams are improving every year. Maybe we do have more 'cinderella's' in the field of 38 then ever before but these clubs are here for a reason.

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :rolleyes:

7. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Yeah, Colo Colo should be as solid as any in the back this year, and up front they have plenty of talent to spread out for both the libertadores and the local tournament. But you're right in that there is no way they should be considered as one of the favorites until we see who they bring in as their '10' .

On the other hand, if they do get Macnelly Torres (who wants to go, and in my opinion is the future leader in the Colombian NT's midfield) then I think they'd be hard to beat.

8. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yes i cant wait, i think in two years they will look like this . . . .
    [​IMG]

9. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    LOL :D

10. paserica

paserica New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    and what are doing cúcuta,chicó,colo colo in the list????.......are they fauvorites???
    why not nacional mvd,libertad as??

11. kolomvianin

kolomvianin New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    MD
    pues lo que si se esque cucuta es favorito porque en la pasada copa quedo en los 4 mejores muy superior a nacional es mas hasta eliminandolos asi que tienen porque estar en la lista,

12. paserica

paserica New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    cuántas libertadores ha jugado cúcuta?????...y cuantas nacional mvd ganandola 3 veces??

13. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

si esto fuera "who will win 1988"..de pronto tendrias razon.

14. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No son los que mas ganaron la liberadores. son los mejores clubes mas reciente.

15. paserica

paserica New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    el punto es que son tan favoritos cúcuta o chicó como lo son nacional,libertad o cienciano....

16. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    The person who came up with this pole obviously does not know anything about Brazilian footbal ... please remove any team you want, and include FLAMENGO. :mad: :mad: :mad: You put Fluminense and didn't put Flamengo ? You really don't know a thing ...

17. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    obviosly you want me to put on flamengo because u are a flamengo fan.:rolleyes: i could c it all over u lol. n e ways.flamengo wasnt so big in the cup last year and thats why they are not on the list.

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    atl. Nacional is on the list:rolleyes:

que es MVD?????

19. kolomvianin

kolomvianin New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    MD
    yo creo que mvd es montevideo

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why is Flu and Boyaca on the list? They weren't even in the last cup. If the last cup meant anything, Gremio should be on the list, but they didn't even qualify for the Libertadores.

21. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I must agree with my flamengo's fellas...

for me the main contenders is

São Paulo,
    Flamengo,
    Fluminense,
    Boca Juniors,
    America and
    Chivas.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    America and Chivas will have to let go of a number of U23 players for the CONCACAF qualifying campaign (for Beijing).

Furthermore, some of their best players are not playing well enough (in Chivas's case, Omar Bravo; America, Richard Nunez). America will sorely miss Ochoa (Gk) who almost single-handedly took them to the Sudamericana Final last year (let's not forget that due to injuries they will also be without Rodrigo Lopez and Federico Insua for a while).

:)

Metro

23. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What do you expect from a colombian starting this thread?

I dont even see Cienciano on the list.....watch your backs....!!!

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One of the reasons why people don't want Mexican teams in the tournament. They bring their reserves to the tournament and treat it as a second rate tourney. We want teams that will come and put out their best. I believe America used their backups vs Santos last year, which many found to be a disgrace.

25. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LMAO
    Bring reserves? really now, if we brought reserves to Libertadores imagine what we could do with the main team, we are not idiots, must of the Mexican teams give priority to the Libertadores, if sometime we play a reserve team, its couse our federation force us to loan the players to the national team, its not like we want to suck at the must competitive tournament we can play.

I never heard anything like they don't want us couse we bring out reserves, i heard a lot of things, like "we are in concacrap not comebol", or the greatly used "Mexican fans flame troll bleh bleh bleh", or the legendary... "Mexis create controversies" (true tough :)).

Believe me, if it were for Chivas, and America, they wouldn't send anything to the MNT, both of them ask the federation not to call they're players, but it isn't going to happen, the federation gives priority to the MNT.

Chivas reached the semis once, then they got 5 or 6 players called to play the Confederations cup.. result got eliminated. One year later the same thing happend in the quarters... its not like we want it to happen, its just that unlike most of the South American teams, the mexican league contributes with the majority of the players to they'r NT, and chivas and america are the biggest clubs, so they always get screw, mostly chivas couse of the policy of only playing Mexicans.

And Incha speaking, after learning that we have to send our champions to the cocacrap champions league, a lot of the fans want they'r team to end up in 5th to 10th place, just so that we can have a chance in playing in La Libertadores, that's how much priority we fans give to the CL.

There... i never post anything in the expel mexicans from our tourney treads, but this time the reason given was uncalled for.
    Sorry for the offtopic again :).