Who will win the Copa Libertadores? Part 2

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by bosterosoy, Jan 29, 2008.

?

Who will win the 2008 Copa Libertadores

Poll closed May 8, 2008.
  1. Boca Juniors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. River Plate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sao Paolo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Santos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Flamengo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fluminense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Chivas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Cucuta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Atl. Nacional

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Libertad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Nacional

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Danubio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Colo-Colo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. LDU Quito

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    So let's try this again since so many people where complaining about the other Poll

2. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    Flamengo made a wonderful Brasileiro last year (ended 3rd after a long series of victories - could have ended in 2nd, with more points then Santos, if we weren't so relaxed in the last match), and kept the same base, plus signed in some really good players. The team is in really good shape and still has room to improve. I'm pretty sure we'll make it through the semi-finals, and I do know that we have a big chance of geting la Copa, in a magic final in a crowded Maracanã.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maracana will be a big weapon for us like it was last year. We only lost ONCE to a team that doesn't utilize Maracanã as their own stadium, which was to Palmeiras in the first round of the Brasileirão after we came off an emotional elimination from the Libertadores. We also still had Ney Franco as our coach and his pão de queijo crew. The only other time we lost to Maracanã last year was to Fluminense, who also uses the same stadium.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    My pick is São Paulo. The season is young and with some losses and gains in the lineup, we're still getting used to each other. Adriano is hungry and he will make South American defenses work hard.

Other teams: Boca is good, although I saw them struggle vs. Rio da Prata and Rosario Central in the past two Sundays. The Mexican, Chilean, Colombian teams... I don't really know them well enough to know how much of a threat they pose. Cruzeiro should reach the quarterfinals at least as they got a solid team. Flamengo has the potential on paper. Santos? Not this year. They were great late in 2007 in the Brazilian premiership, but they had a lot of personnel changes and they are not doing well in the Campeonato Paulista.

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I see no Chilean teams going very far, Colo-Colo used to be a strong team but every year they get weaker and weaker as they are stripped too quickly from their best players and can't seem to keep a solid squad together. Villanueva FC (Audax) might surprise but their defense seems a little weaker than before.

Catolica? Not a chance.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I couldn't agree more about Audax and UC: I think we should be happy if they get 6-7 points this time around.

About Colo Colo....I would give them the benefit of the doubt (at least for now). Due to injuries, late transfers, suspensions (red cards) and NT commitments Borghi has not had his whole squad once.

I am not too thrilled about the two Colombians he signed (Salazar and Castillo) but I would give the former the benefit of the doubt, seeing as how he scored on his debut--he could be some sort of "unknown quantity"--though that looks unlikely.

Metro