Who will win the African Cup of Nations 2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by gaijin, Jan 10, 2006.

1. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    I'd have to say Zambia. Maybe i'm biased but this young team can cause some problems

2. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    Best team never to win the Nations Cup

3. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    maroc will impress.

4. okoyel

okoyel New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    My vote will go to Ghana as Appiah is the star player for Ghana and in my eyes Appiah is one of the best African footballers.

5. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    I voted for Nigeria as I think their stars, especially Obafemi Martins will shine in this tournament. But it is a very wide open championship and I see Egypt, Cameroon and Tunisia all making the semifinals. Any of those 4 semifinalists could win it but I think in the end Nigeria takes the crown.

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    def cameroon did yous ee them today wow
    wwebo, etoo, kameni, geremi, atouba, song. so talented
    WHAT A SHAME that angola and togo are in wc and theyre not :(

7. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    too bad ghana are missing essien and muntari tho
    they wont threaten too much

8. Awispi

Awispi New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Strongly tip Egypt to win, mainly because they are a good team with the advantage of home support. Cameroun will make my second choice. Etoo has started strongly, demolishing Angola, a team Nigeria found very difficult to crack, both home and away. Ivory Coast have a case to prove. Ghana was strong before the African Championship but injury has really robbed them of that opportunity resultinging many recent losses.

9. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Egypt. Its in Egypt and MIDO MIDO MIDO.

10. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006
    Nobody cares

Its african soccer, nobody cares.

11. El Buey

El Buey New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Dirty H town
    Re: Nobody cares

so how fat is doughnaldo, and what kind of foot do you follow

12. El Buey

El Buey New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Dirty H town

africa has very good futbol, better than some other countries, and they deserve more spots in the Mundial, for one thing I would rather watch Cameroun play than T and T, and the Ivory Coast is my pick to win the African Cup of Nations followed by Cameroun, and your joking about the fat boy in 2006 right, or are you serious, cuz last time I saw fat boy run it was for a Gansito

13. El Buey

El Buey New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Dirty H town
    i guess portugal is a little like france

14. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006

You are just pissed off because fat boy scores more fat goals than your skinny Eto.

15. miky

miky Member

Dec 24, 2003
    is it ronaldo the fat boy? he is way past his time. eto is way better than you think, was once a ronaldo fan until 1998(men that cat was frustrated). if you look at the three best players on earth now eto leads him.

16. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    I hope Nigeria will win and through personal bias but i voted for Côte d'Ivoire to overcome Cameroon and go all the way.

17. If the group games are anything to go by then Egypt and either Cameroon or Nigeria will reach the final. The Ivorians were not very impressive I must say.

18. miky

miky Member

Dec 24, 2003
    i would say nigeria would win it am not just saying it becoz i support them, for cameroon ivory coast, egypt and co its a simple thing. stop eto drogba and mido. it would be hard for them. nigeria has one two game against ghana and zimbabwe without its strikers martisn/aghahowa/osaze/utaka/makinwa/and obinna of inter. when that fire power is added i dont see anyone stopping the team. okocha is now fit, and is ready.

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Told ya. ;)