Who will win the 2011 Gold Cup?

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by RedCoatsforever, Oct 9, 2010.

1. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sorry about that, not sure how I missed them.

I was only allowed to post 16 options though.

2. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003
  3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    And you put in Belize over T&T 16 options is more then enough there aren't 16 realistic possibilities.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  5. AlbertotreblA

AlbertotreblA New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    México City
  6. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The one with Chicharito.

7. GALAXY4ever

GALAXY4ever Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Monterey/LA
    USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USA vs Mex final. Score - 2-1. I'd like to see other nations getting in the mix, the region is getting a lot more competitive and I like that.

8. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why not Gwadloup? It's not only chauvinistic! Remember how in 2004 Greece became European champion while no one expected!

9. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003
    If you guys manage to get every single elgible guy (chimbonda etc.) to play then I wouldn't rule it out.

10. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Sorry pal not a chance!CONCACAF will make everything they possibly can to make sure that the US will reach the final alongside Mexico so they will be able to fill the Pasadena Rose Bowl to capacity!It's no secret that the obese Blazer and the corrupted Warner are after money,so,the best thing for them is to have a 70k+ stadium in a big US city packed with Mexicans living in the US/people of Mexican ancestry since the Mexican community in the US is huge!This is what's best for their bank accounts!

I hope two new countries can sneak into the final with one of them winning it all altogether and crushes those greedy incompetent CONCACAF officials hopes to get a full Rose Bowl.

This tournament pretty much needs a lot of new things including diversity.So for the best interest of the region I hope that Costa Rica can win it all.Costa Rica is certainly trying to be a top team of this region and I'm confident that they can surprise a few,I sure as hell hope so!A Costa Rican win could also force other fellow Central American countries to invest in order to get better facilities,more qualified coaches,better structure etc.Plus,it would mean so much to them.

A central american or carribean nation winning this thing would do more good than harm.Let's hope this happens!

11. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC

Agree with you soccer fever Concacaf will do anything for a USA-Mexico
    final to fill rose bowl because the Concacaf Executive commitee story
    is that Gold Cup Tournament pays all of Concacaf bills from U17 up !

I think the Uncaf Nations had their chances though , Honduras ,Costa Rica
    and Panama were at one point in a Final , I am surprise no caribbean team
    had never been in the final of Gold Cup because we have a more competitive qualifying
    Tournament than the Uncaf Nations . I would love to see a Grenada ,Cuba ,Guadeloupe or Jamaica in the Final . The Concacaf region is made up of three ethnic Groups the Indians/Hispanic Central America ,
    the white anglo saxon protestant North America (USA & Canada) and the
    African heritage Caribbean deserves a chance .

12. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    If you ask me,everybody deserves an equally fair chance which is not what they are getting at the moment.I don't know what it will take for other CONCACAF nations/FAs to finally realize that they are not being treated fairly.That's why the best we can hope for is that a a team that has never won it before,wins it this time around!

13. 13370

13370 Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    A toast to you Soccerfever that's a good gesture , I hope a new team
    wins the Tournament this year . :)

14. Soccerfever

Soccerfever Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Laval(Canada)
    Thank you pal!

15. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A US-Mexico final would make the most international headlines, for sure. But if CONCACAF were only worried about getting the Rose Bowl packed, all they need is for Mexico to make it. I'm sure they would get a sellout easily, even to see Mexico play "Guadalupe" (cue the snickers from the Mexican media*) for the Gold Cup title and an early trip to Brazil.

* Mexican Catholics revere "la Virgen de Guadalupe" (a manifestation of the Virgin Mary; I'm not Catholic, so I can't really explain it further than that), so playing the island of "Guadalupe" in the Gold Cup is always a good setup for a few puns.

[​IMG]

16. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ah,ah,ah mexican fans must still be wary! Remember Greece! She was European champion in 2004!

17. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    All I have to say is:
    Chico Time!!
    :cool:

18. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is chico?

19. RJD22

RJD22 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is "Chico"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuSN0dvP8c"]YouTube - javier "chicharito" hernandez goals[/ame]

20. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The guy that scored on the MLS.