Who will win group C?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Who will win group C in the 2006 World Cup?

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say the Netherlands, but that is if they can beat the "small" teams. Argentina may do better against the 'coast and serbia.

3. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argentina is going to stomp some azz this world cup. So are the Dutch of course. But I think Argentina has more fight.

4. beautifulgamer

beautifulgamer New Member

Nov 11, 2000
    For the first time ever Serbia (Yug) has discipline and defending--the only two missing attributes that many thought held them back from winning.

They are my dark horse team for the tournament as a result.

A possible senario for them is a win against netherlands, a draw against Argentina and a win against the 'coast.

It is difficult to imagine Netherlands or Argentina not advancing but--to quote Arsene Wenger--football can be like that...;) ;) ;)

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SCG will be without Vidic for the opening tilt vs Holland due to a red card on the last game of qualifying. Though it is not the end of the world, he would have come in mighty handy in defending against the Dutch. It will make it a little bit harder to get a result vs HOL.

I think SCG has a decent shot at getting out of the group, though they are still ultimately outsiders to Argentina and Holland.

I don't know much about the Ivory Coast, but they look to be a very difficult opponent as well. Nobody has it easy in this group. Much, much harder than E.

I'm going to pick Argentina to win the group.

6. beautifulgamer

Nov 11, 2000
    Agreed: toughest group. Group of Morte. I believe that Holland--unfortunately (forgive me Cruyffmeister:eek: )--will collapse:( ...

7. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    holland, like the last world cup, argentina will be eliminated in first round

8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My choice is Netherlands, but u cant say Argentina is going to be eliminated 1st round, that was 4 years ago people!!! Im not an Argentina fan at all but u cant go with something at happend a long time ago, alot happens in 4 years!!!

Viva Portugal!!!

9. beautifulgamer

Nov 11, 2000
    True, it's hard to believe that could happen but as Arsene Wenger likes to say, "Football is like that"--especially in a group such as this...

10. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Holland will win this group, Van Basten has build a new team with lots of talented players. But Ivory Coast will be the surprise of this WC, they have got a dangerous attack with Drogba and Koné (PSV Eindhoven).

11. beautifulgamer

Nov 11, 2000
    I can only hope that Van Basten's genius will shine on the Dutch team. It will make for great football and a great group.

If what you say about the Ivory Coast is true and what I said about S&M's new found discipline and defense then this group of four is bound to produce great drama and beautiful memories.

Can't wait for June...:D

12. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL
    I agree, Argentina will win group C

13. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    So do I,

There will be great matches in this group, I think it will be difficult for each the team, there is not 1 weak team in this group. Besides, all the teams are playing atracktive and skillful football.

14. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  15. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne