Who will win Group B?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Apr 7, 2006.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Who will win Group B in the 2006 World Cup?

2. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    England v Sweden game will be decisive, althought Paraguay will be hard to beat. T&T will not be big obstacle for European teams.

3. Steve36

Steve36 New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    MA
    England
    They will tie with Sweden, and win the other 2 games.
    :cool:

4. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Trinidad has a ligitimate shot at beating Paraguay. It would be amazing if they upset England or Sweeden.

England will win the group.

5. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003

Maybe when hell freezes over...Paraguay are a very very strong side...have always traditionally had great defenses and currently are the 3rd best team in South America in my opinion...They have many players playing at the highest levels in Europe and throughout South America. Trinidad still fields an ancient Dwight Yorke who last I saw was playing the Australian league...

6. metrofan_goal23

metrofan_goal23 New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Virginia
    England will win 2 and choke against Sweden. Sweden wins the group.

7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweden > England

8. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    Doesn't sweden always beat En-ger-land in the world cup? Just like Mexico always beats Italy.

9. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sweden gets my vote, they're really good. Of course soo is England

10. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    What makes a club better than another club doesn't necessarily translate into who has the most talent. Trinidad can be the better TEAM that day, there are 11 players on the field. Upsets do occur, if they didn't then we would not waste our time and just give the trophy to Brazil already Trinidad is a very athletic team and they are playing with no pressure, watch them win this one.

11. USASoccerFanatic

Jul 8, 2004
    I think England will dominate all three games and win the group easily. They have too much talent to suffer a setback against teams like Trinidad and Tobago and Paraguay. I think they will have a close game with Sweden but should get a win or at the least a draw.

12. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003

Did you watch their playoff w/quatar or whoever it was...terrible terrible tie for both legs? It was some awful soccer. Paraguay came in 3rd in south american qualifying...yes on any day any team can beat another but Trinidad is about the worst team in the tournament...of course I don't know much about Angola or Togo but those have to be the bottom 3.

13. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Their playoff was against Bahrain. Yes, I do recognize that Trinidad can play some awful soccer. In fact, I strongly believe that the only reason they are in the World Cup is because Mexico threw their last game of qualifying to satisfy Jack A. Warner (Concacaf president from Trinidad) which enabled Trinidad to go instead of a more deserving and a much more talented Guatemala squad.

However, that does not mean that they do not have the capacity to beat Paraguay who has struggled with CONCACAF teams recently. I think it will be an interesting match and I would not be surprised at all if Trinidad wins.

14. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say T&T will not win Group B. :rolleyes:

15. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    You are so smart Eric Wynalda.;)