Who will win Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by posteador, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is going to win Copa Libertadores?

1. Fluminense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sao Paulo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Liga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. San Lorenzo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Boca

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Atlas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Santos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fluminense FC 3 (3) - (2) 1 São Paulo

Fluminense advances.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry Mengao, but it was well deserved.

Don't worry, Boca will get them. :D

3. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hahahahahahahaha

4. BRAZIL#1

BRAZIL#1 New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    FL
    it was only a matter of time, Ceni was keeping them alive.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Why was he ejected?

And up till the 84th minute, the FOX guys were saying that SPFC was masterfully administering its near-qualification to the semifinals. And that's true; SPFC was not sitting back.

Those consecutive corners at the end were making my heart beat fast as hell. That last corner... damn.

Congratulations to Fluminense - they do, after all, have a solid side. Good luck to them; who knows, maybe they'll reach the summit this year.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was, I won't take away credit when it's due. I'm just unhappy with the result.

Boca x Fluminense next round? May be one of the rare occasions that I pull for your team..

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure if it's the next round. The brackets get so messed up with that stupid rule about teams from the same country having to play each other in the semis. I guess it depends on tomorrow's results.

8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Not with a healthy Thiago Silva.;)

9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

I told you Century. Flu has too many weapons. Hell, imagine if Leandro Amaral was still with them.:eek: I think the problem with Sao Paolo is they rely too much on Adriano.

10. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah sort of like this:

[youtube]35yeqzPTB2c&feature=related[/youtube]

There's a huge difference in the commentator's voice when Boca scores and when Cruzeiro scores.

Orvananos (today's commentator) was kissing Riquelme's a** all game today.

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    If Flu plays Boca, you might get your revenge for the superclasico and for all the trash talk the bosteros did against you after the Monumentalazo by El Ciclon.

Nothing like having TWO teams in ONE tournament. Maybe I should become a fan of Estudantes da Prata. :rolleyes:

12. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Yeah well it's not like I started following Flu this year. I'm sure you remember this name, PETKOVIC. Probably one of the best foreign players to ever play in Brazil.

13. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are you telling me Atlas has no more than 60,000 fans?? The point is, if it was a 80 thousand people stadium for liga it would still be packed. THere are thousands of people who weren't able to get a ticket. But besides all this, the issue was, someone mentioned, Ecuadorian fans lacked the passion of Mexicans, and so far they where proven wrong.

14. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    :D That way you're always happy. I never get how people can have 2 teams. There's a couple of teams i "like", atlas, monterrey and tigres. But i just enjoy watching them. But the only team i'm a fan of is America.

15. Nuclear_Attack

Nuclear_Attack New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    I am still waiting for the examples of other players in Riquelme's spot by ULMTDFNS. Que callada de jeta le dieron a este pelmazo. riqueleme put 3 passes 3 goals.

16. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Fuk it, lets just forget about this discussion, Hopefully America and Liga Deportiva both advance that way they both play each other in the semifinales:)

17. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, I dont really want yo say anything about Ligas game. Dont want to be overconfident, if anything this year copa has tought us not to take local return games for granted. San Lorenzo will come out strong, hopefully that is their doom. I am just glad we have our team very motivated, concentrated and not over confident. I think, playing as the smaller surprise, will keep us on our toes. I suppose it will all depend on the first 20 minutes until we see how the teams settle and if ewe can manage to control the game during that time.

America seems to have it somewhat easier, but again, you cant tell with how games turn out lately.

18. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Actually realized we are now the number one favorite to win it all. Makes me even more nervous. Hope we can hold our game

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, once again the top vote getter is out. Maybe we should start a new poll.

20. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    whats the point... to start another tomorrow?

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Woah, another heartbreaking ending. Hahah they all rounded Washington when the match finished.

And yes FOX Sports commentators has a notable bias towards argentine sides specially Boca, also São Paulo for some reason.

22. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So it doesnt seem altura played any major effect in the game, or at least not any bigger than playing locals. I dont see this being SL worst concern although, if Liga can keep a high intensity game, phisical prepareness will play a part, but not more than what it did in Maracana, or Bombonera, where the fan pressure also plays a huge roll. FLu did get a tie in Quito, and SL already won in altitude. Is hard to tell what the game will bring tomorrow.

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    LOL he got owned big time. Though did it really shock anyone? Most people who actually watch Riquelme play day in and day out know his quality. I'm surprised this joker was actually questioning him especially after the performances that Riquelme put in last year's Libertadores which were out of this world. It seems he only started watching the Libertadores this year.

24. el chuntaro

el chuntaro New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Neverland Ranch
    Atlas se cago plain and simple...Great game by Boca they came to El Jalisco to win and they did it they played way better than Atlas...Palermo was tearing it up.....
    Everyone was talking shite to me when I said Palermo was in my top 5 strikers in America...what now... Palermo>>>>>>>>Palacio... I am always right...well exept for the Atlas fracaso:D

25. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hahaha I like how Boca gets like 10 votes right after they beat Atlas.