Who will win 2006 J.League?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by gtepp15 redded, Feb 26, 2006.

1. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
    J.League Past Winners

1993 - Tokyo Verdy 1969
    1994 - Tokyo Verdy 1969
    1995 - Yokohama F.Marinos
    1996 - Kashima Antlers
    1997 - Jubilo Iwata
    1998 - Kashima Antlers
    1999 - Jubilo Iwata
    2000 - Kashima Antlers
    2001 - Kashima Antlers
    2002 - Jubilo Iwata
    2003 - Yokohama F.Marinos
    2004 - Yokohama F.Marinos
    2005 - Gamba Osaka

2. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
  3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I said Urawa but I'm not counting out Kashima just yet.

4. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    I say obvoisly the mighty and unmatched Gamba Osaka!:D
    i think it will be very close again as always in J1, and i deffenetly feel we will see the comeback of Yokohama this year and i think Kashima will be up there somewere and possilby Jubilo

5. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My favourite are the Reds! (what a suprise:p )

I think Gamba will have good chances and i hope the Marinos will perform better than last year.
    I think Kofu will not survive in the J.League, but i think Kyoto will be a suprise this season. I can imagine that they will end between place 8-12

6. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Why do so many people like Urawa, there fans suck so much, they are idiots and there so god damn annoying. except Ishikawa18 of course :p
    But serously in recent years hearing there name makes me angry, I dont even hate Cerezo, not many Gamba fans actually "hate" Cerezo but Urawa aghhh :mad:
    They constantly gloat about what great supporters they are, Yeah they have good local support unlike certain Osaka clubs, but thats about how far it goes, numbers.If you play decently your the greatest player in the world to them, if you do bad your the worst player the world has ever seen.

This will be another season of what might have been for Urawa, i think they'll always be a team that gets close but never manages to taste the sweet glory of winning the J League, they keep going on about how they won stage 2 2004, wow amazing but you still never won did you :p

7. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Also can't believe Kashima only got 2 votes :eek:

8. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    On the other hand, I can't believe Gamba got that many votes; absence of Oguro and Araujo will hart them this year in a long run; however the league has not even started yet, so it's hard to judge how Magna will play out just yet. I also believe that Gamba will a$$ rape Reds in the season opener.

With the a manager, Kashima also has a chance.

9. blue-lightning

blue-lightning New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I voted for Sanfrecce :eek: but then again i see votes for Albirex and Omiya Ardija.

The reason many people hate the Reds is because of their wealth and the fact they wear uniforms resembling Manchester United :D But you can't deny they have the talent both import and domestic needed to lift a J.League title. And Buchwald seems to be a pretty decent manager.

10. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    It would be so cool to see Albirex up in the top ten, I like them alot :)
    Buchwald is a great manager and Urawa do have talent, and I can't say i hate them for being wealthy, Marinos are also pretty wealthy and i've got nothing against them, Urawa just seems to get alot of players i don't like, i.e they used to have Emerson and Alpay. I also really don't like Tulio, Washington, and Alex, and all this non stop news and reporting and the never shutting up has made me into an Ono hater for now at least. It's there fans that drive me insane.
    and the Manu U strips don't help :p

11. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody denies that they have talent........I'd say an embarrassment of riches, actually. I don't hear people saying, I hate Thespa Kusatsu.It just always seems they underacheive......honestly, they are one of the richest teams in Japan and they cant win the league.

The coverage of them is non-stop, The fans are rude in and out of the stadium (I really like the guy at Masa-net, though.....he's a big reds fan and very courteous) and they get the lion's share of calls on the field.

I picked them to Win this year as well.
    The MAN U fetish doesn't help either

12. shoo redded

shoo redded New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    JAPAN
    Gamba Osaka have no chace if they take the ACL seriously

13. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They don't need to take ACL seriously. This year, J.LEAGUE Champ will qualify to Club World Cup.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I hate the ManUre fetish too, but I take Urawa as well.

15. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I tipped Gamba, mainly because I dislike the Man U relation Urawa have :p I'd like Yokohama to win (i've got a soft spot for them).
    I really should pick a team and follow them...

16. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
    Marinos have a descent team.
    Most organized team.

There is room for Reds to improve more.

17. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Kawasaki look good, but I think they'll run out of fuel at this pace.

I vote for Marinos.

18. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
    Marinos or Urawa;)