Who will replace Ventura ??

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by ITALIA1982, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No, they just ignore him over there because he doesn't know much about their players, lol. He's just a kid, plays too much PlayStation, probably.

2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No No....definitely don't tell him. After all the kid is here to learn , the hard way as preferred , so let him hit those books ( in English ).....I mean look how far the slow one has come already. What about Bob over here is learning Baby steps.

See??

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    True, and honestly he's getting a pretty good education while he's here.

4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tis true.

But maybe it's also worth questioning if this troglodyte is really just trolling , with a sock account , and trolling as a stupid troll because he's getting a kick out of it.

Now that could be giving him too much credit because someone who would do that would be more effective in their work. Clearly he's not getting a rise from anyone , but is actually creating a rather fun environment here. It hasn't been so lively in here in months ! As such it maybe worth it for the mods to check it out and see if it matches any other IPs here. Perhaps he's at least that stupid to not use a proxy server. Who knows.

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's getting boring now. I'm afraid if he doesn't come up with new material soon, gonna have to put him on ignore. Maybe he could try "it was the vitamins, not blood doping" thing for a while? Has some reading to do first though.

6. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    I don’t even disagree with that. However I’d be careful Balotelli, El-Shawarma, Moises Kean, Eder, Jorginho ect. Keep producing Italians and not immigrants. Just get your shit together and be back in 2022.

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ok and that's a wrap. We all done here now?

8. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Geez , I knew you'd take the bait one that one. Shall I indulge? On this one me thinks I will. After that I will let @Calcio Pauly take over if you still don't get the point I'm drawing.

Do you know what an immigrant is? Btw did you also notice when referring to ONLY Germany's NT that I didn't use the word " immigrant " once. I said PROUD ETHNIC and/or proud NATIONAL Germans. Notice the emphasis on Proud, Ethnic and/or National. Germany , along with France , has a bit of a problem lately on their hands with cultural identity and national loyalties among immigrants and their first/second generation offspring. That's what happens when you take in millions ( mostly Muslims ) in a short period only to constantly bend ( or cuck ) to their cultural demands while these cultures refuse to assimilate because they know they can and are just biding their time really. Pretty soon Merkel will allow Sharia in Germany at this pace. Italy hasn't caved in like that and hopefully never will. Besides at this rate the EU is soon to fail because it's deeply flawed. It's not needed and only serves the interests of everyone else but the true patriots and nationals of the different countries.

Now...another lesson for ya....What exactly constitutes an immigrant to the letter of the law. Ya see , this is stuff you can't learn by playing Fifa on the xbox or playstation otherwise you would have known better not to mention those players as immigrants. Did you know Italy had players with last names such as Wilson and Vierchowod many moons ago?

Balotelli is an Italian national , while not an ethnic Italian , he is proud to call himself an Italian National and it can safely be said is culturally Italian . Was born and raised In Italy by his adoptive Italian parents and refused to play for Ghana ( even though he was eligible and would have featured more ) because he knew fvck all about Ghana and doesn't relate.....So... = not an immigrant. Balo isn't conflicted here with his national loyalties and duties.

El Shaw again born in Italy to an Italian mother. Is proud to be Italian ( because his mother is Italian = not an immigrant ) and is culturally Italian. El Sha loyalties and duties are with Italy.

Kean , while not an ethnic Italian , is an Italian national. Born and raised in Italy and is culturally Italian = not an immigrant. He is proud of being an Italian national and his loyalities and duties are with Italy.

Eder , well , you got me a bit on that one because I was never really cool with that mercenary myself . But in the end it can be said at least the mothefvcker has has ethnic Italian roots ( passport by blood ) and was playing in Italy since 19. He is hardly a difference maker anyway and won't be in the squad in the future. So no need to mention him.

Same with Jorginho. Ethnic Italian roots ( passport by blood ) . Has lived in Italy and developed there since 15 and expressed he'd rather play for Italy rather than Brazil , but we all really know why don't we?

So out of the 5 you mentioned , 2 maybe can be called immigrants , though technically Italy gives citizenship based on parents , grandparents , etc born in Italy beforehand no matter where you are born currently. Now out of those 2 ( Eder and Jorginho ) one is NOT and never really was a difference maker and one is at the moment. So one player out of 5 you mentioned really.

But are you noticing something here? These guys are culturally Italian and know what it is to be Italian whether born elsewhere or born in Italy to ethnic Italian parents or parents from another country. I can't really same the same for some of Germany's National players because Germany , at least imo , doesn't want to be called racist ( WW2 thing and all ) and doesn't really force immigrants and their 1st generation offspring who come from elsewhere ( mostly Muslim countries ) to really assimilate. As such there seems to be much ambiguity with some of their top guys. That doesn't really fly in Italy at the moment and hopefully it never will.

ArtemioD, Midfield General and Rosay repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watched Roberto Mancini on Rai's Che Tempo Che Fa who was interviewed by Fabio Fazio. He said he didn't mind leaving Russia because of the cold winters. He also talked about assembling his staff as well as Pirlo who could start in September as an assistant if he gets his coaching badges. He said he isn't sure about any of it yet though. Gianluca Vialli also telephoned in and gave his two cents. Mancini says he is happy to be back in Italy and is looking towards picking many different younger players.Thankfully......

11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    El Sharaawy, and Eder don't even deserve to be on the team. Kean I still need to see more of. Balotelli deserves to be here but is only a sub. I'd say its ok to have a few immigrants, but not like France. Even you guys (Germany) have a few: Gundogan, and Khedira. Is Boateng one as well?

12. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like El Sha. I truly believe he can offer something to La Nazionale

johnny6 and Rosay repped this.
  13. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep, pretty disappointed that SES didn't get any playing time at the Euro a couple of years ago. He's very clever with the ball, always been a fan since his Milan days.

UdineseFan98 and Rosay repped this.
  14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ventura: ‘I tried to resign…’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Giampiero Ventura claims he tried to resign as Italy CT, but refused after Sweden as “it would've been like admitting to being the only one responsible”.

The former Torino Coach became the first man to fail to take the Azzurri to the World Cup in 60 years when his side lost in the play-off, and he became a national hate figure after refusing to resign, instead receiving his full salary as a pay-off.

“I’ll watch the World Cup at my house, in pain,” Ventura told Rai.

“We came into the Spain game with important numbers and there were two possibilities: win it or go to the play-offs.

“Immediately after the defeat there was unprecedented violence for the first defeat in a year, with many asking for my resignation.

“It was an external delegitimisation of me, which affected the games. There had already been an internal delegitimisation."

“The project was based on having [Marcello] Lippi as a technical director and tutor, and I was left without a support network in a role I didn’t know.

“They should have known before, for a year I was the CT and the technical director. Then in the moment in which I should have been officially put in place they suddenly decided to name [Renzo] Ulivieri. That’s a delegitimisation.

“Following the match against Israel, after the Spain game, I had to resign because the whole stadium whistled the national team. I offered my resignation after the Macedonia game.

“I submitted my resignation to the directors, saying that they needed someone else who could bring serenity because it was a hostile climate.

“My resignation wasn’t accepted, but I’d already decided, that even if we’d qualified, I wouldn’t have gone to the World Cup.

“I didn’t resign after Sweden because it would have been like admitting to being the only one responsible for a defeat which had many fathers.

“I became a scapegoat for all the ills of calcio. I put myself in the shoes of the Italian people and I know that they’re suffering, but it will pass.

“For me though, it will never pass.

“I wish good luck to [Roberto] Mancini from the bottom of my heart, I hope he can be put in a position to work in the correct manner and be able to deal with people.

“People can say what they want, now I want to get back into the game and give my answers on the pitch.”

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw him yesterday on Fabio Fazio. Poor guy must be going through a living nightmare. I heard he has a lot of managing offers. That would be good for him so he can get his mind off of the Italy job.

16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    someone shoot that mofo

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tavecchio: ‘Ventura never resigned’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Former FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio angrily responds to Giampiero Ventura - “he never handed in his resignation”.

The CT failed to take Italy to this summer’s World Cup, and was heavily criticised for refusing to resign in the aftermath, instead having his contract paid in full.

Last night Ventura claimed he had tried to resign after the Macedonia game, but the former head of the Federation insists that’s not the case.

“What I heard last night are hallucinations, simply falsehoods,” Tavecchio told Sportitalia.

“Just ask [Michele] Uva and [Lele] Oriali. I wasn’t at the Macedonia game because I had commitments abroad, but Ventura always told me he wanted to have a great World Cup.

“He never handed in his resignation, his declaration doesn’t correspond to reality. I only and ever talked to Ventura about money, and I satisfied him in every respect.”

----------------

Two clowns

[​IMG]

Midfield General and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #268 Calcio Pauly, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    So he was going to resign after the Macedonia game, and also if he had qualified Italy, but then he accepts his pay checks after he decides not to resign at the point of total failure? Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

He was left to do a job he wasn't qualified?

“The project was based on having [Marcello] Lippi as a technical director and tutor, and I was left without a support network in a role I didn’t know."

Yeah, I'd agree. But that role was coach.

“They should have known before, for a year I was the CT and the technical director. Then in the moment in which I should have been officially put in place they suddenly decided to name [Renzo] Ulivieri. That’s a delegitimisation."

What a scape goat. It was their fault he played a 424 against Spain, right? Ulivieri didn't advise him properly, I guess. It was also Ulivieri's fault for playing players out of position in the playoffs too right?

What a coward this man is. Take your lumps and your monies and kindly f-off. Go join Lippi in China.

Midfield General and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  19. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Well I am glad both Ventura and Tavecchio are out now. Whatever actually happened, both people are to blame. Even before the Spain match, I had a lot of questions on how the team was doing under Giampiero.

Defense looked extremely shaky. If you watch our first game against Spain in Turin, we were one of the most atrocious teams ever and were lucky to not lose that match. Have you seen the goals we conceded in our first game against Macedonia? Embarrassing. In both Albania games, did you see how well we were countered and how lucky we were not to concede? Have you noticed that we needed a penalty to break the deadlock? We were a little lucky to even have as many points as we did before we faced Spain the second time. I feel the games against Liechtenstein fooled Ventura and many fans. Liechtenstein is one of the weakest teams in the world.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    During his interview, I was not sure if I understood him correctly. Ventura said they either won 9 in a row or hadn’t lost after 9 matches. I couldn’t grasp it.

Anyway , thinking today how Italy would have done in the WC had they qualified. Based on the way they played against Sweden , one would tend to think they probably wouldn’t have done all that well. The trouble is , for as long as I recall, Italy doesn’t have to play well in qualifiers as long as they make the tournament and then they get stronger. I’m thinking Italy could have gone far had they made it. I guess we will never know now though...

21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Not with Ventura though. Yes there have been times when we did not play too convincingly in qualifiers but we still managed to make it. The fact we didn't make it says a lot. If we got a new coach after making it, then it could have been a completely different story.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #272 falvo, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Just saw Mancini on Rai. He said Bonucci is captain and Balotelli if he plays will be vice captain. Mancini said he wants to learn from Berzot as he is the only CT he had as a player who won a trophy.

Or if we had scored a goal, it could have been a different story. Arrigo Sacchi and his 95 players were almost eliminated from the 1994 World Cup. It actually came down to a 1-0 win over Portugal on an 83rd minute goal by Dino Baggio. If he hadn’t scored that goal with 7 minutes remaining , Italy will have never gone to the tournament or made the final match losing to Brazil on pk’s at the Rose Bowl.

They also played horribly in the first round losing to Ireland in their opening game.

23. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're misremembering Falvo , in the 94 qualifiers with Italy it didn't come down to a late goal by Dino Baggio in the last game against Portugal. Italy only needed a draw in their last game against Portugal to qualify for the 94 WC. I remember the match vividly because of my father's reaction to Italy's late goal ( Dino Baggio ) . At that moment he said to me Italy at this point Italy is almost assured qualification because they only needed the draw , to which my young naive self answered but " what if Portugal comes back to score 2 goals and wins" . He answers " highly unlikely they score 2 this late " and " we are at home ".

Before the last games the two top teams in the group went straight to the WC. No playoffs for 2nd place teams s they qualified directly and no playoffs for 3rd place teams ( they were out ).

Before the last games Italy was winning the group with 14pts , the Swiss were in 2nd with 13 pts and Portugal 3rd with 12 pts.

After the win against Portugal Italy still won the group with 16pts , the Swiss qualified 2nd with 15 pts and Portugal 3rd with 12 pts.

However a draw with Portugal would have sufficed , even though we may not have won out the group as the Swiss has us both on goal difference and head to head results in the end. Either way winning the group or not , it would't have mattered , as a draw was good enough for 2nd in the group and at that time top two teams go directly to the WC.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #274 falvo, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    You are right. I was thinking there were 3 points for a win and 1 for a tie but instead, it was 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. I just recalled though that it came down to the wire but I think I was confused with the year before when they tied Switzerland 2-2. I do remember Dino Baggio scored in the final minutes as we all gathered at a friends restaurant to watch the game on closed circuit TV. The matches weren't showed in those days....

upload_2018-5-30_4-16-18.png

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Giampiero Ventura declares “I hope my holiday will end soon” but admits “I’ll never train a national team again”.

lol at Ventura acting like he has a choice, maybe in China but even then Lippi 3.0 over Ventura any day of the week.

Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.