Who will replace Ventura ??

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by ITALIA1982, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Now with an end to this disaster
    Who are the candidates for the new manager
    Something to look forward to after the gloom and doom.
    And which players (if any) will remain

2. metallicaband

metallicaband Member

Jun 11, 2004
    I'm honestly not as sad as I should be, after 2006 Italy has only seen few good moments, last of my memory was Euro 2012 excluding final. It really boggles my mind how much this team fell apart without Andrea Pirlo.

If Italy has gone through, good chance is they'll be out from groups. It has been very frustrating as a fan to see so much disappointment one time after another. When you cheer for the Azzurri, you're going for the win, getting out of group stage ain't gonna cut it.

Italy needs drastic changes, in my lifetime I've seen Italy win a world cup in 2006 that gave me such joy and see them not qualify for a world cup just now, which is a huge disappointment.

Now for the topic, I'm hoping for a miracle and a coach joins that doesn't have his head up his ass, and prepare a strong team for Euro 2020 that we can finally have some confidence in, a team that can ********ing pass the ball properly and setup plays in the box instead of relying on failed crosses after another, a whole revamp. I've never seen Italy win a Euro before and I want to see it happen.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only good CT available is Ancelotti and I don't know that he wants the job

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    who the hell cares at this point?......this thread is way too early anyway considering there is no urgency to hire anyone....the whole system needs an overhaul

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Expect either De Biasi or Di Biagio IMO

6. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jim Carrey? Ace Ventura > Giampiero Ventura

phat repped this.
  7. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's going to be a long time before we even need anyone, any interim coach should do just fine to handle the friendlies until it gets close to Euro qualifying time.

8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's get gattuso in there at least as assistant manager. Need a fiery southerner to whip some a$$ like conte

GIGI RIVA repped this.
  9. world soccer magazines

Oct 31, 2016
    We need a man's man with balls of steel and a burning fire in his gut; a man who'll get these pampered momma's boys by the scruff of the neck and boot them to the top. A man who'll take no prisoners, no shit and will tear up the ancient trees of Italian football and build a new dynasty the like of which has never been seen before.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? That's right, there's only one man who can carry the weight of this monumental task on his shoulders:
    [​IMG]

10. thorus

thorus Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    OMG, if Gattuso had been on this team, he would have strangled half the players (and Ventura) after such a pathetic display.:eek::eek::eek:

juveeer repped this.
  11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm available

Rosay repped this.
  12. world soccer magazines

Oct 31, 2016
    Does anyone think Diego Simeone might be a good idea? It looks like his time at Atletico has run its course. Presumably he speaks Italian. I don't think he'd be interested however.

13. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tavecchio trying to get Ancelotti. This will be his saving grace by not stepping down.

14. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd be ok with this if it was a long term deal and not just a quick fix scenario.

15. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is quoted as saying it wouldn't be about money but full control and trust in his system.

krado33 repped this.
  16. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    No reputable coach is taking that job with Carlo there. Nobody wants to work with the old Bozo. Conte said he not coming back, Roberto said he's good where he is and now Carlo just ruled himself out of the job after asking the status of his old fool Carlo. This tells me Carlo was told the old fool is not going anywhere so said F that. This is why I said it's just as important to get Carlo out of there as it is to get ventura out. As you can see no reputable coach wants to work with this guy. The old man is pimping Italian football and he won't step down because he's using it to line his pockets. Might as well start looking at Serie B coaches at this point.

Calcio Pauly and juveeer repped this.
  17. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The Old Man Needs to Go NOW

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  19. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If that's not enough to light a fire up someone's ass i don't know what is.I just hope something is done before another team snatches up Ancelotti

20. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a feeling Ancelotti might take the Croatia job for the World Cup and then come home to a Tavecchio less FIGC.

#TavecchioOut

21. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt it because the Croatian Federation has confirmed its new coach until the end of its WC campaign.

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Of course Tavecchio was going to throw Ventura under the bus to try and save his own arse, but he has to be forced out for making that call.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sarri defended Ventura on Sabato Sprint saying it wasn't entirely his fault. Montella implied the same thing from what I heard .....

24. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did they explain what else went wrong then?