Who will play Australian in Asian Cup Final

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by raffa_the_gaffa, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    i dont know if australia can do it, we will have alot of new players in the team like kennedy, holman, maybe patafta, sarkies maybe, beauchamp and a a few more.. hopefully they can develop as well as they are expected to!

2. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    I doubt the 81st ranked team can beat anyone :rolleyes: :p

3. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think it will be tough for us because at the moment we don't have a coach, and we will probably be in a rebuilding phase. Of course, other countries will be in the same position so who knows what will happen. After our World Cup performance we should set the bar for a successful campaign as making the top 4, but the draw could also make this difficult. I know we were unseeded for the qualifying draw as we had no previous results, but I don't know if that will change for the finals. We could end up with a very tough draw if we remain unseeded.

4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Emirate, Captain Zico, and Mussav, consider this your first and last warning to post your political rantings in the non political section of this site. Punishment looms for you, if you repeat this.

Tex.

5. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I did't said anything political
    I just sa a wrong point and I correct it
    and I'm the one who said no political, and i said this is football forum so how can you warn me up?
    any way I'm sorry for everything I did.

buck to the Subject
    Australia will play with a diffent team in the Asian Cup, I think, also Iran
    so I think it's hard for Iran and Australia to reach the Final with brand new squads

6. Aussiez

Aussiez New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Australia definitely in the final. Don't fool yourselves guys.

Australia Vs whoever.

Bring it on.

7. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Why not Australia A VS Auatralia B, and Australia C VS Australia D in the thired place match? Happy now? Strange? Why a European country so eager to play in a cup not belongs to them in culture

8. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It all depends on the groups and each team's route to the final. Since there are 5 power houses in Asia (and some promising teams on the rise) and only four groups, one group will be the group of death (hopefuly it won't involve Iran again).

Anything can happen in my opinion and Australia shouldn't be overconfident

9. moktuk

moktuk Red Card

Jul 14, 2006
    India. You are talking about cricket, aren't you? I did not know you joined Asia even there.

10. PersianSaam14

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    new squads? 2 players retire from international football, how is that a brand new squad??

11. Aussiez

Aussiez New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    We're talking football mate. You know, the game where Australia is ranked higher than any other in the AFC.

Bow down.

12. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Japan have always done great in Asian Cup, whereas Korea can only make it to QF, or SF. But Austrailia's added. Does that make a difference? No.

My 100% accurate prediction:

Iran 2-1's Korea in quarterfinals. Saudi Arabia beats Iraq 2-1 in the quarterfinals. Japan loses to Austrailia 3-3, due to penalty kicks, so Austrailia advances. Bahrain surprisingly beats Oman 3-0 and advances.

Semi-finals: Austrailia vs. Bahrain
    Iran vs. Saudi Arabia

Austrailia gets totally trashed by the Bahrain. The Bahrainian players get inspired by visiting the Asian section of Bigsoccer. Beats the Aussies 5-0 with their B team.

Iranians and Saudi Arabians each get about around 15 fouls each before half-time. At the 70th minute, Iranian scores. After five minutes a Saudi returns the favor, heading one from 6 yards away. But at the 88th minute, a Saudi puts in an own goal. Iran wins 2-1.

Iran vs. Bahrain

Iran wins 2-0.

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    dude, your friends said that Iran will play with new squad in the AC
    this words didn't came from me

14. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Mussav has been saying for a long time that Iraq has been improving, I'm expecting a lot from this team. Even though that country faced many troubles, I'm assuming the NT improved. Will be supporting Iraq.

15. AstonVillaFan

AstonVillaFan BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2005
    imo...Japan is losing its better players...Inamoto, Nakata, Ono...r all outa form...so is Tackahara....

the Australian squad...imo i think its kinda old...but not as much as people exagerate..

S Korea seriously has a chance in the final

Saudi Arabia don't ahve the quality....

imo Australia, Iran, and Korea will battle for 1st place falling somewhere between 1st and 3rd...and Japan will get 4th and Saudi arabia 5th i guess.

1st Iran
    2nd Australia
    3rd South Korea
    4th Japan

the cup is in India right?

16. Karimi_Ching

Karimi_Ching New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Cupertino CA
    Iran'll probably use their olympic team for the WAFF tournament, however why would we use an olympic squad for the asian cup? We won't.....

17. PersianSaam14

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    get ur facts right, u-23 for the amateur easy waff tourney, full squad for the asian cup

18. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    what I heard you will Play ACQ with the new squad
    any way good luck

19. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    thanks mate, good luck to Korea too.

20. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

so bahrain B team beats australia A 5-0 after australia C team beats bahrain A team team convincingly in bahrain 3-1.. great logic there lol

21. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    It's only my predicton.;)