Who will make wc 2018?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Football Asia, Oct 26, 2014.

1. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ali Mabkhout seemed good mainly because he was constantly fed by Abdulrahman Omar and that guy is worldclass for Asian standards. Put Mabkhout in Real Madrid and he would look good too.

I think China is back on the rise again and they will push for a play-off spot at the next WCQ's.

2. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    If this thread was for the 2022 world cup then the "qatari" guy might not be that off. Just like in 2002 with china you never know what afc will do to get close nations that will make fifa money in the wc, in this case it would be the oil rich uae, saudis. Hopefully that world cup does not take place.

3. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    South Korea, Japan, Uzbekistan, Iran and Australia from play-offs. In 2006 god damned Japanese ref Toshimitsu Yoshida invented new free-kick rule during the play-off match against Bahrain cancelling our penalty and FIFA annuling match result. In 2014 another .ucking Jap Nishimura didn't see our clear goal against Iran with his small narrow eyes. Moreover, South Korea couldn't even draw against Iran in the last match. Massive SHAME on Korea!

4. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SK, Japan, Australia and Iran will probably qualify. The country that beats one of them will qualify to play offs or even eliminate and replace one of them. I see SA, Qatar UAE and Iraq, Uzbekistan, China, Thailand and Vietnam.

5. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    It will depend on the draw..
    But I will go for Korea, Japan, Qatar, KSA and Australia.
    and if they are not banned: Kuwait for the 6th.

6. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Are you being serious? Ksa and Kuwait have no chance
    Qatar might have a slim chance at a play off but only if afc/Fifa really wants them to make a World Cup before 2022

7. Minnows-lover

Minnows-lover Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    --other--

The big four should make it, and then all but Saudi Arabia and Qatar please! C'mon Uzbekistan! Or North Korea (But i don't believe that much, i'm not sure if they will make the final round...).

8. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    glad to see person with objective thinking

9. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    It's my choice, respect it. Bisous

10. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'll go with Japan, Korea, Iran and Australia most likely.

Uzbekistan will also qualify through play-offs, maybe UAE instead of them but if that's the case I'm not as confident that they will win their intercontinental playoff

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Korea looks the most consistent team in Asia at the moment. I think that if they qualify for the World Cup, they will reach the knock out stages.

reddiablos repped this.
  12. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I also think Uzbekistan got the most possibility to pass after 4 of them. They got a solid teamwork and in the top moment. This is the best time for Uzbeks.

Now between the top 4, I feel Aussies are not in a good transition process. Still can't find a guy to play as Cahill. Iran looks like having better post Nekounam process. Too early but maybe Uzbekistan can get the 4th. ticket.

Diego Aguirre and Zandi360 repped this.
  13. reddiablos

reddiablos New Member

Oct 9, 2015
    united states
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is too early but Most of the countries early eliminated at WCs were best performers in their qualifying stages.
    Hope not happening specially to Asian countries next time.

14. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Agreed they look solid atm

Yup, maybe but I think that Australia will improve and still get direct qualifying, their new generation don't look that good yet but I expect them to get back in form.

Iran is in the middle of transition and so far I'd say it looks really promising, we won't win every match because of the fact that we are trying to include a lot of very young players into the team but I think in the end it will pay off by qualifying to Russia and hopefully a better WC than in the past as well.
    Prospects like Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ezzatollahi, Torabi, Mohammadi, Taremi, Pouraliganji and others are all under 23 but get regular minutes with Iran, their potential is really high.

reddiablos repped this.
  15. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asia really needs to have at least 1 team reach the knockout stages in Russia.

16. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Making these kinds of judgements about a tournament that's 3 years away is kind of ridiculous. I'm not saying they won't, but to say Korea will make the knockout stages of the 2018 World Cup because they are being consistent in beating the likes of Kuwait and Lebanon 3 years earlier doesn't really make sense. This is also only the second round and doing well in it doesnt specifically mean doing well in the final round and vice versa. See Uzbekistan and Japan for prior examples.

17. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan, SK, Australia locked. Iran if they play to their usual level. God, I hope Uzbekistan makes it. Im tired to teams like North Korea/Saudi going there and making us a laughing stock in a 7-0/8-0 game

18. qatarigunner

qatarigunner Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Saudi Arabia and North Korea have reached the knockout round unlike Iran. ;)

19. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    7-0. 8-0. 4-0. I fear Qatar may concede more. Thats if they end up hosting because nowadays it looks like its not going to happen

Where did you go after the Asian cup? I wanted to speak to you about your claim that Qatar would win the tournament.

20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's not only the WCQ bro. Korea had a good Asian Cup in January and almost won the tournament. Looking solid and enough talent to be called the strongest team at the moment.

Uzbekistan is inconsistent. Japan is improving every game and doing well, but I think Korea is slightly better now.

Parisian75 repped this.
  21. qatarigunner

qatarigunner Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My friend, even Brazil lost to Germany 1-7. ;) These things happen in football. Just because Iran has never suffered a big loss at the WC finals doesn't mean they have a better WC record than Saudi Arabia and North Korea. :p

Parisian75 repped this.
  22. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    I hope you realize your opinion doesn't mean shit now after your prediction that Qatar would win the AC?

[​IMG]

lol...

23. qatarigunner

qatarigunner Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Asian Cup was 9 months ago and now everyone forgets about it. Let's talk about the current events. :)
    Qatar -> 4 wins in 4 games
    Iran -> only 2 wins in 4 games :(

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Qatar struggled to beat Maldives and Hong Kong. Don't pretend that Qatar is a world beating team.

Parisian75 repped this.
  25. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    That doesn't mean they'll do good in 2018. Japan won the Asian cup and didn't make it to the next round. No one really even performed well in the Asian cup the level of Asian teams has really gone down. Looking at it right now I doubt any Asian team would get to the next round but a lot can change in 3 years.