Who will leave the Saudi 1st League?

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Who will leave the Saudi 1st League this season? Last season it was Riyadh and Ohud.

Abha : They just came from the 2nd Division, chances is they will go back to where they came from.

Hazm : Same as Abha, but they look a bit stronger, they have some chances of staying.

Ansar : They came to the 1st Division last season, they aren't very weak, so they have good chances of staying again, unlike their rivals Ohud.

Ittifaq : A puzzling team, they used to be considered the 5th best team in the league a few years ago, now after Shabab rised back, they fell and are in a very dangerous position, they were very lucky to be able to stay last season.

Tai : "Saed AlKebar" isn't very weak, and is rather middle and has suprised many strong clubs lately, but still they might fall back, but not expected.

Wahda : I doubt anyone would expect them to leave, strong club now, lots of young talent, and are a tough team for the stronger clubs, they have a good chance of even reaching the playoffs.

Qadysia : Another tough team like Wahda, its also very unexpected for them to leave.

Nasr : A big club before, but now is in 7th place, and if they don't pull themselve together they might be seeing themself fighting to stay in the 1st League.

The rest of the clubs, Ittihad, Ahli, Shabab, and Hilal, only a moron would think they would leave.

Personally, I think Abha and Ittifaq will leave.

2. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003
    Nasr will finish low IMO look at the goals against them. I see an 8th placed finish unfortunately.

I think Hazm though kind've maintaining a good run will eventually succumb to the pressurs of playing in the premier league and they along with obviously Abha will get relegated.

I think the Golden 4 will be Ittihad first Shabab 2nd Hilal 3rd and Ahli squeeking in as fourth

3. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    It pains me to see Nasr bieng considered relegation battlers..oh how the mighty have fallen :(

IF we preform the way we did against Al Hilal then we will have no problems staying up and might even make a top 4 challenge.

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    You confused me there, Saudi64. The top division is the premier league ( الدوري الممتاز ), and the second level is the first division ( الدرجة الأولى )!

Going back to the topic, it's too early to tell, but Ansar and Abha are the top candidates with Hazm and Ittifaq also in danger.

5. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Ittifaq were so good, like 3 years ago they were one of the best teams in the Arab Club Championship in Egypt.

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    They used to be even better in the 80s. They were one of the top teams back then. But they've self destructed. The honourary members keep arguing with each other.

7. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes I know, I couldn't find a word for Momtaz, since it means 'Excellent' but it wont work here, so I decided to just use 1st Division, but forgot about 'premier'.

Besides Ittifaq used to have a very good youth side, when their club was a bit weak 2 years ago, their youth team won the Prince Faisal Tournament, but now it seems its getting destroyed too.