Who will be the next to qualify?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by 1MADDOG, Jul 29, 2002.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I only listed the Median Variables. Argentina and Brazil is a sure thing and Venezuela, while improving, is very unlikely to qualify.

I had to chose the median variables simply because I could chose no more then 6 variables for this poll. I was given little choice but to reserve to being Bias.

Please chose 2 countries since this poll assumes Brazil and Argentina will qualify.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    ARGH!

I am not permitted to modify my own poll.

MODERATORS! I wish to add a feature to allow people to vote for more then one variable. If possible, add the 3 remaining countries.

3. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    Colombia of course.....

I'm hearing a lot of people laughing

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    yep man!!

6. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think that Uruguay and Colombia will have a good shot to take the third and fourth spot. I'm almost positive that Ecuador won't have any chance since they had quite an old team in the WC. Paraguay will be dangerous but I don't think that they will qualify to 3 WC:s in a row and Chila is on his way down for sure. I would say that the battle for the fifth spot will stand between Chile and Peru (hopefully...).

Per por supuesto que cualquiera cosa podra pasar...

7. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

Claro... y pasara si el nivel sigue tan mal como en el 2002.....

8. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    todavia no se puede decir nada....
    No creo que se pueda dar una opinion al respecto, ya que no hay informacion de los equipos....

Que Colombia??? como pueden decir eso, si no tienen ni entrenador todavia....
    Que Uruguay? con que y porque?
    Que Paraguay queda fuera porque no clasificara a tres mundiales seguidos??...cuales son las pruebas que tienen contra eso?
    No los entiendo....son comentarios nacionalistas y ridiculos....
    Tan ridiculos como los que hacia Guayaco antes....
    jaja...

Tan ridiculo como que yo diga Chile clasifica....

NO se sabe quien clasificara....y decir otra cosa es hablar tonterias....

Decir que Argentina y Brasil son seguros y que la pelea esta entre Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia y Venezuela....es....estupido....Duuhhhh....me entienden??? It's a GIVEN!!!
    Es como decir los pajaros vuelan, los Cerdos son cochinos, los perros ladran..... :)

9. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

Tenes razon....

10. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    COLOMBIA, Por Su PUESTO!!!....y also Uraguay....pero definitely COLOMBIA!!! :)

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ummm...nope.

In fact, one of the positives of the Ecuador team is that most of the key players are young enough to return in four years with more experience.

Jose Cevallos (31, but plays GK)
    Ivan Hurtado (28)
    Ulises de la Cruz (28)
    Edwin Tenorio (26)
    Edison Mendez (23)
    Ivan Kaviedes (25)
    Agustin Delgado (28)
    Carlos Tenorio (23)

Plus Ecuador's youth teams have been doing very well, like the U-20 team that made it to the 2nd round of the World Cup. Some of those players will be ready soon.

As far as who I think will make it, I think it will always be tough in CONMEBOL, especially now that there really appears to be no teams that can be ignored, even Venezuela might have a good run.

12. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    I don't think Venezuela will get any better next time around...I said before that it is UNFORTUNATELY stupid to say who will qualify or not....BUT Venezuela...please...unless something really really weird happens...Venezuela will be just as "amateur" as always....Keep in mind no quality players have ever appeared from Venezuela....I don't see that happening right now, nor in the next 10 years.
    (For those of you that are thinking Chile was worst than Venezuela the last time around...I can tell you that Chile beat themselves over and over again...and that Venezuela did not beat us)

Maybe we should change this post to say how the National teams in South America stand, and how they are preparing to the next WCQ....and maybe give progress reports....talking about the different players.

I say lets start over and erase this post.

Chile's progress report:
    We still don't have a coach....
    Our forwards are Salas - and someone
    Our midfield will be run by David Pizarro...like it or not.
    Our defense will have experience....no WC experience, but if they learn to play together, it will be good....Vargas and Contreras are the best defenders right now (both playing in Europe, Reggina and Sporting)
    We don't have a Goalie....

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    good idea

peru progress report

no coach
    our friendly with spain was cancelled

players
    fowards
    pizarro and mendoza
    midfield
    ciurlizza starting def mid
    solano starting off mid
    the other 2 places are still up in the air

defense
    rebosio should lead the team

goalkeeper
    their is about 5 good peruvian goalkeepers all under 26
    i dont think we will see an argie or uruguyan in the peruvian goal for a while

14. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Brasil
    Argentina
    Uruguay
    Colombia
    Paraguay gana el playoff

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    vamos para conmebol con este thread

selcciones y competencias inernacionales en conmebol - Ya pondremos un foro cerca del otro, o uno como sub-foro del otro

perdonen el inconveniente de la movida de tema