Who will be Germany's defensive midfield dynamo at next year's World Cup?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Snakeater, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Borowski ist sure better than Schweinsteiger. So he takes his place. Schweinsteiger is a good substitute in the second half.

Meier plays a good season but also Kießling. Lauth is simply better than Neuville or Kuranyi.

2. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Huth is fast, too. Maybe we can leave Woerns out and take Sinkiewicz in.

3. dovifat

dovifat New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    With Mathias Lehmann (1860) and Sascha Riether (Freiburg) Germany has at least two players for that job coming up, too bad they'r stuck at some second league sites and don't have the experience yet. We'll see them at the U21 EC in spring though.

4. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great Post---I think Kehl is excellent!! Also , Metzelder & Woerns! And, I agree 100% about what you said about Ishmael----he is NOT GERMAN!!! I said this on the other board & people misinterpret me as a "racist"---I am NOT!! These are "National" teams---not "club" teams. Wotan

5. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005

I don't know too much about either of these players except that they both figure in the Germany U-21 team.

The other day I picked up a soccer magazine here in Japan, and it had Lehmann listed as one of the top prospects from the U-21 team. I would appreciate it if someone could give discuss the player's strengths and weaknesses, and try and give an example of an established player present or past who Lehmann reminds you of, if you've seen him play. Thanks.

The Snake.

6. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005
    You're not alone in thinking that Kehl has the skills to play for the German National Team, but I'm not sure that I agree. On the odd occasion that I've seen him play, I didn't come away impressed. Let me ask a question to those who think Kehl should be our defensive midfielder: Is Kehl good enough to play defensive midfield for a mid-table team in Seria A or La Primavera? Why or why not?

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kehl was part of the Germany 2002 squad that got to the final so I don't think there are any doubts whether he can play at the level for the NT. He just hasn't been in the picture that long. Between Voeller and Klinsmans switching period, personal injuries and constant squad rotation and experimentation, he just hasn't been able to get consistent call ups.

There is a reason Kehl is captaining BVB and Dortmund have somewhat of a resurgence.

8. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In all the posts---saw very little on Omoyela (spelling?)----anyone----he semms to have been on the NT in the last few friendlies---maybe because others have been injured. Interesting to hear some feedback here----I know he won't start---you think he'll make the team???

9. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He will be at 32 in wm 2006, but I think he can still play if he is 100%recovered from surgery.

Jens Jeremies. He doesn't have too much playtime due to the superb depth of Bayern's midfield. Everytime he's off the bench, he grasped the chance and played well.

I have more faith in him over Frings. Frings likes to dribble the ball unaware of his rusty skills and lost possession on several occasions and one of which was at the confed cup against Mexico when his error made Germany pay for a goal.

I dun think Ernst is qualified at the international level. And I dun know how Kehl is playing. Dietmar is just a shade of his best. He had a poor match against Holland.

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    In my profile, I give him about a 40% chance. I don't think so. I hope not. He's the worst player on the NT right now IMHO. To think he is better than Friedrich in RB is laughable. To think he's better than Deisler or Schweinsteiger or Frings at RM is also laughable. He doesn't play any other position.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What I'm gonna say is Klinsi has to give him a chance. I think he will, in the next round of friendlies. I don't think it matters if he can play Serie A or Primera Liga, all that matters is he plays in a very high level and that he gets his chances with Germany.

12. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    You haven't seen him play much at all this season have you?
    Watch him play for Bremen.

Calling him the worst player is just dumb. That award goes to Wörns.

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ...Woerns and him a tie then. :D

I just don't think he has that much quality thats all. He's fast, but thats all I see. He has done pretty well in the league and he had his moments in the Champions League, but didn't really do too well. But he just hasn't really done with Germany to inspire much confidence in him.

Hopefully he'll get better. I just don't think he's talented enough to do so.