Who Next?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd say it's a requirement, tbh.

Mind you, on that basis I'd have to bow out.

lobomojo repped this.
  2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think we can open up the position for folks with all kinds of addiction issues. So folks who have dabbled with beer and pies would also be genuine candidates.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #79 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici has arrived in London to conclude a deal for Chelsea's Italian manager Maurizio Sarri.

Sarri has informed the Blues of his desire to leave and moved out, taking all his belongings out of his Surrey home and back to Italy ahead of his anticipated return.

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The press flavor de jour is:

We are preparing for German promotion and relegation battles with
    Ralf Rangnick, the German wenger

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, we need a manager. The first game of the season is Man United and then it is off to play the scousers in the Super Cup Final in Istanbul. All at the beginning of August, so really not that far away.

What manager will come here when we cannot make any transfers? We have some great players in the youth and loan set up, but we still need a striker or two.

Petr Cech returning in a technical role. He will take on some of the responsibilities left behind by former technical director Michael Emenalo, providing a link between the first team and the board. Some of the responsibilities . . . the rest will be given to Naughtimus Maximus and he will be performing these tasks from his couch, although the club would really prefer it if he had a sofa.

7. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Love the move by the club to get Cech in. He has a level head, knows the club and is a class act.

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed, although we don't really know what his role will be. We haven't had a Sporting Director before but rather a Technical Director. His relationship with Roman is a huge asset though.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allegri confirms he is taking a year off.

Yahtzee repped this.
  10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bummer, would not have minded him.

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was indifferent towards him. It's looking we either go the Lampard route or stick with Sarri, but even that looks like it won't happen.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I get why, but he's a guy who managed to win Milan a league trophy with a midfield that belonged in a nursing home.

lobomojo repped this.
  13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not that I don't rate him, I am just rather indifferent to managers across the board right now. I'm not entirely sure a manager can fix some of our issues and I'm not entirely sure they make that much of a difference.

Yahtzee repped this.
  14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allegri was my very close 2nd, near tie, to Lamp, now its Lamp or bust. I will take his smarts, success with elite clubs, and his knowing the League and Club inside out over a less than elite manager who knows not our League (all the elite managers out of the League seem to be working elsewhere, ruled themselves out or already been fired by us and I want no re-hashes, maybe Guus for a year, if he is not coaching shuffle-board, I keeed Guus) or one from our League who only knows mid tier-teams and success here with some experience.

Also think Allegri, ruling himself out, may be more about us already ruling him out, as he was flirting a bit the last two weeks.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And I get the not enough experience qualms, and playing is different than managing, but in his over a decade of experience being one of the Leagues best players, at a Top Club with big success here and a fair bit abroad he has basically seen every tactic, system, adjustment, approach, know to man and then-some, not to mention from the near dozen plus mostly top elite managers he played under here and also he grew up in the game with his Dad and Uncle and coach's kids usually are far ahead of the game.

Also many seem to forget he is really effing smart, not just for a footballer, but for a human. (though that could be argued as not a plus in th game :D)

16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hallelujah x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It is done

Sorri released

Yahtzee repped this.
  17. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And Lamp supposedly new guy but not confirmed

I am going outside to see if I also just got that triple Crown pony I asked Santa for when I was 4.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I hope we keep Zola. Regardless of who gets the job next.

20. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Was Sarri really THAT bad?

Keen for Lamps though.

21. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, yes he was, on so many levels.

(as Juve will find out when their 8 year Scudetto winning streak ends next May to Conte or Carlo, shiit are all the Top Club managers in Serie A Chelsea rejects...)

Love Zola, class on and off, but I think new gaffer needs a fresh staff for the top assistant roles of his own choosing

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri had a 61.9 winning %, which is 4th in the Abramovich era. You can find more stats, but this was a shit team to watch, band-aided over by moments of brilliance from Hazard.

Now it seems like a nostalgia train is running through town with Lamps, Makelele, Cech, Morris, etc all on board. Also a bit worrisome in my eyes, to be honest.

Though, like I said, if we absorb the transfer ban now, this will make a transition season much more palatable by fans.

Unless we get relegated.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wonder if Jose will go there next season too?

I have always like the idea of a Chelsea Old Boy on the bench for the sake of continuity and it has been a thing at the club. When Jose had Steve Clarke with him that was great. So, if we appoint Allegri I think keeping Zola around would help. If we appoint Lampard, well it wouldn't hurt to keep Zola around now would it? Bench of legends.

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri reportedly the first manager since Hoddle to leave on his own terms, (not sure sorri was not being pushed out soon regardless)

I'd include Guus in 'on his own terms" as well. He could have stayed beyond interim both times if he wanted, me thinks.

25. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice to receive money from the termination of a managerial appointment rather than hemorrhage huge amounts because of it.

lobomojo repped this.