Who Next?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lampard pictured in London with Drogba. Who knows.

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Mourinho coming back and signing both?

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors were taking to Rafa

4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sweet.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From what I could see:
    " Italian outlet Tuttosport report the west London club have initiated talks to appoint Benitez as manager"

And according to this handy list of sources:
    https://www.thefalse9.com/2018/01/football-transfer-sources-rumours-website-reliability.html

Tuttosport is a tier 4 source.
    • Tier 4 – Not to be trusted at all. These companies make money out of ensuring that you read them and they will make up anything to get you to harness advertising revenue.
    So there's that.

truefan420 repped this.
  6. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok, good.

Wrath repped this.
  7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mostly I'm just waiting for the Avram Grant rumours to pick up as I think that would complete the set.

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Grant was proof you don’t need a manager when you have a competent squad with incredible leadership qualities. Cech, JT, Cole, Ballack, Lamps, Drogs, etc. Understated how important that can be. We let some of these guys go prematurely to our own detriment.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The rumors are hilarious. All of them.... Benitez? Mourinho? Grant.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AKA, 'The full hate-mail'.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri has been urged to reconsider his future by the Chelsea hierarchy as they want the Italian to stay on as their manager. But, Sarri is homesick and Juventus is top job in italy.

Let us not forget that Frank Lampard will bring the former coke head Jody Morris with him. Although Jody has proven to be quite the yoof coach.

Did somebody say Project? A new project? AVB likes a project. Although he has just taken over at Marseilles.

The return of Big Phil?

Let's just hope that sexy football is back on the menu at Stamford Bridge.

12. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Italian press is on the theme of we are begging Sorri to come back:eek::eek::eek:
    At worst I hope if remotely true, it is a ploy to milk a lousy 5 million out of Juve for a Coach they know we really don't want back but as it would not surprise me with whoever is making decisions of late, I fear far worse than the worst.

I was anti-jinx joking/coping last week saying it would not surprise me if we kept Sorri, had to spend several million to dump him a couple months into the season after losing players and/or seeing contract extensions rejected and languishing outside Top 5, now i am wondering if it is not probable.:whistling:

How expensive is it going rudderless so long this summer like last, while we can release Sorri on an agreed free just to get rid of, and move on quickly.

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #63 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Yeah we need to start resolving these issues sooner rather than August.

1. Sarri had the option of another year on his contract, but never felt comfortable living and working in England and was frustrated he did not have a close relationship with the decision-makers at Chelsea.

2. Sarri's replacement will not be able to sign any new players, as things stand, with Chelsea having appealed against their two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Lampard by Rio Ferdinand:

"If Chelsea are going to get a ban transfer-wise I don't think they can look anywhere but Frank if I'm honest.

"Because he and Jody (Morris, Derby assistant manager) they know all the kids from 16 upwards. They know what they can all do".

Well it's great Man United man Rio has so much faith eh? I return with, isn't it great that United with Ole next season :thumbsup:

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It would certainly make for some interesting matches with Lamps vs. Ole at the helms :)

But I think it might be a bit early for him if I'm honest.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh, I concur. Also, not being able to spend money means no ability to buy a bloody striker and that hurt us last season and it will be even worse next season. IF we cannot buy a new bloody striker we are never going to be able to make it to the next level. I just don't think Tammy Abraham et al are good enough.

So, how about you? Do you want the job?

16. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    yea striker situation is a serious one for sure. i'd give Tammy a go though. i mean he's pretty much scored goals whenever he plays. Swansea is the exception for him. part of it was probably the league as expected, but swansea were awful that season as a whole too.

i don't think he is a "create my own chance" striker but he seems like a great finisher. and Pulisic, if there's one place he shines it's creating chances.

at the end of the day we'll just have to make due with Giroud, Tammy, and Bats, let them fight it out and see who wins for the season?

edit: i agree we don't know if tammy is good enough or not, but if we can't buy i guess let's at least find out?

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, seems the ban is official. CAS does not have us on their summer hearing schedule in July and August meaning we're sitting this summer out for sure.

Also, looking more and more likely we're going with Lampard if Sarri is truly leaving.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can I do it from the couch?

19. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would be ok with it if the club has lowered expectations. A good cup run and maybe a top 6-8 finish. Gives Lamps to use this year as his development as well. Maybe Drogs will come in as an assistant coach. Add Terry as an assistant coach as well? Get the band back together :)

20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I definitely think we have to push top 6. Also, Jody Morris has to be part of the staff because of his knowledge of our academy.

Wrath repped this.
  21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Morris has quietly been outstanding for both our academy and then for lamps' staff. he deserves to be an assistant with a pretty big role i'd say.

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Couch or Sofa? Sofa is a little more profeshional innit.

I think it is possible.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    5 years as the academy coach. Joe Cole is also currently a yoof coach with us.

It is a little hard for me to take Jody seriously as we should have the same coke dealer back in the day, but we're all grown up now right?

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In the past.

25. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    hey if it is good enuf for all the Prime Minister candidates to brag about....

Naughtius Maximus repped this.