Who knows Michael Klukowski ?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by gerby, Sep 9, 2002.

1. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    This young defender (21) has signed up a contract with La Louviere in Belgium.He is interviewed in a belgian magazine where he said that he really hopes to be selected with the national team for Scotland-Canada on October 15th.
    Your opinions about him are welcome !

2. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck New Member

May 13, 2002
    I don't know him personally, but I am familiar with Mike Klukowski. He is a member of the Canadian squad that will attempt to qualify for the 2004 Olympics (and with players like him, have a great chance of succeeding). He played for Canada in the U20 World Youth Championship in Argentina last summer and was one of Canada's better players, nearly scoring from 35 yards out against Brazil. For the U20 team he played in the midfield, & described himself on a TV broadcast as "an attacking midfielder" - however it appears that he was switched last year to a defender for the Lille reserves in France & is now playing that position for La Louviere. I'd be interested in hearing reports on his play in Belgium, I understand he's playing 90 minutes every week & taking lots of free kicks, not bad for 21 year old in his first year as a pro. Hopefully his success in Belgium will prompt more Belgian clubs to take a look at Canadian players - I'm sure they haven't forgotten about the other Canadian to make an impact in Belgium, Tomasz Radzinski.

As for the national team, I'll be very surprised if Klukowski is not called to the Canada-Scotland if he remains healthy, given his regular play in Belgium. But it will be interesting to see if he is played in midfield or in defense.

3. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Thanks Captain Canuck !
    I'll give you news about him !

4. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    The guy won't forget last Sunday !
    He scored for the first time and thanks to his goal his team could't get the draw at home against GBA.
    He was also interviewed for the first time.

5. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    ...I forget to mention that he scored at the 89th minute !