Who Is The Highest Ranked Player In FIFA (Game) History?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daniel96, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who is the highest overall ranked player ever in the FIFA Video Game.

Who has the best dribbling ever? Messi is now currently 97 in dribbling, overall Messi is 94 or 95 on the Wing.

What was Ronaldo (Brazil) rankings and stats in the late 90s and early 2000s?
    What about Zidane and Ronaldinho in the early 2000s?

2. Alice78

Alice78 New Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio
    In my opinion, on the online debate Zidane vs Ronaldo has stated that Zidane was "the '90s and early 2000's best player

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Emile Heskey

4. oxladechamb15

oxladechamb15 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Lincoln
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back in like, Fifa 2001/2 the ratings were all out of 7, best overall was like, 60!? I seem to remember Luis Figo was like, a perfect all round player. In Fifa 99, they were ranked out of 15 but less diverse - I remember Michael Owen had something like shooting 15, speed 15. Just completely unplayable haha.

Also Ronaldo (Brazil) was messed up- he was called like Silva or something due to licencing issues. On Fifa 99, he was insane (and you could change his name)

5. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah Ronaldo never seemed to be licensed, in FIFA 98 RTWC he was just "No. 9" at Inter Milan

6. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Remember that. Ah, the memories ;)

7. 764dak

764dak Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    I have played many FIFA games but I will talk about the ones from 2001 and 2002.

I still play FIFA 2002 and 2002 FIFA World Cup for PC. I used to play 2001, for PS2 and 2002 for PS1. Even though the attribute ratings are the same (maximum 7 for fitness, speed, shooting, passing, strength, heading, ball control, tackling), the overall ratings are different for PC and PS versions. The PC version has ratings out of 97 and I think were somewhere between 60 and 63 inclusive. The best player I've seen was Figo and two Haitian goalkeepers in FIFA 2002. They each got a perfect 97 in the PC version. I don't remember their ratings in PS versions.

Also, another difference between PC and PS versions is that a player with a higher overall rating in PC version might be lower than another player in PS version (even though their attributes remain the same).

Edit: It seems the ratings in PS versions is just the sum of all attributes (including 3 attributes for goalkeepers). The PC version values different attributes based on the position eg. shooting and speed are worth more for forwards than other positions. The goalkeeping attributes don't affect ratings for outfield players in the PC version.

This means the highest possible rating in 2001 and 2002 games for PS versions would be 77. The highest rating is still 97 for PC version.