Who Is The Greatest Dribbler Ever

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dearman, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

The Greatest Dribbler Ever

1. Garrincha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maradona

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. George Best

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Ronaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Messi

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Impossible to know

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Again, have i in any case in my post to @Moishe even mentioned your name?

Have I pointed at you and said.."there is the white supremacist!"?

have i?

Why are you so paranoid mate?

Blijf rustig jongen en koel maar af.

2. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ok mate, well like I say it is hard to know how things are being said sometimes. If it was the case that because of PM's (I'd not seen obviously) you were 100% sure Giles would know you wouldn't mean any harm then it is a bit different I guess. To an outsider like me I suppose it seemed like you might have thrown out a reckless comment (not necessarily meaning harm) when Giles said the 1994 Brazil World Cup team wasn't as exciting as the 1982 one (or something like that). It did seem confusing precisely because you 3 are friends in general, and it did seem like Giles took it in good spirits (and I can see the joke followed on with "you might be a girl" etc).

Let's all agree to be careful eh, but if no harm was meant and no harm was felt then it'd be silly to make anything out of that particular post I guess.

giles varley repped this.
  3. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok,

let me be honest here

So much said and little done

Every time I rep @leadleader posts I get in a flash a personal message from @PuckVanHeel questioning me and criticizing me for repping Leadleader

And this has been going on for a while now. Even yesterday morning I got a PM by Puck in which he criticized me for repping Leadleader post.

Talking about being civilized, how about conspiracy to start with?

Why on Earth do i have to be intimidated by Puck every time I want to rep Leadleader?

I have got all his PM copied in case you want to see them

And as I remember and most have even witnessed the occasion when Puck openly declared me to be his his enemy for repping Leadleader last year.

Yes, I laughed at it, but only after you started to accuse me of all sorts of biases (I praised Zidane his technique and you started a whole rant about me). Once again it was an example of you opening hostile fire. If you expect no laughter back, of course you are disappointed.

greatstriker11 is on my enemies list too now.

PuckVanHeel,Oct 8, 2014

And all this for repping Leadleader posts:whistling:

Now, I keep reading comments about ad hominen insults and confrontations in the forum. But it seems as if these accusations come from those posters who tend to form "coalitions" and "gangs" when it comes to criticizing Leadleader

Leadleader this Leadleader that, but what about conspiracies behind Leadleaders back?

Do they get a freepass?

@Moishe

leadleader repped this.
  4. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well as you have seen yourself @giles varley has assured to you it was a joke. If he himself tells you it was an innocent joke on my part, then why drag this thing on?

So there is no need to keep on dragging on that.

And the disagreements between me and Giles on WC94 vs 82 was never to be taken seriously for we both have mutual respect towards each other, unlike some posters here who are winging about "ad hominen" insults when they themselves are known to be among the first to wiggle the sword amidst disagreements

leadleader repped this.
  5. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

The only difference is the hat ! ..

6. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Didn't mean to drag it on mate, but only just started to see it as a friendly joke and assume Giles would always see it that way. But yeah let's leave the Giles Figo issue now (please don't tell me you hate Figo though Giles - this is clearly a joke anyway lol!).

I think you said you hadn't meant to offend Puck by repping anything that was offensive towards him at the time of that post IIRC, and that you were repping a different part of leadleader's post (like I said I would have repped the post about Cruuff, but didn't want to seem anti-Maradona in doing so as discussed earlier). I think that confusion was cleared up at the time.

I'd rather believe that we're all good blokes on here anyway, and that we try to get along ok. But as Moishe says maybe people can just refrain from conversing with each other and step away from the arguments if it gets too tetchy and people feel any tendency to 'dislike' other members. Not everyone will be a big fan of the same players - that's just how it is.

giles varley repped this.
  7. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's page 226 and Maradona is finally leading the poll with 37.5% :D

things are shaping up to be....

Yes!

@Pipiolo @giles varley

Pipiolo repped this.
  8. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No.. But i was in my previous profile pic !

9. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What about figo mate ?

10. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But why should I be afraid of repping someone in the first place?

Why must i walk on my toes like a cat when I want to rep @leadleader ' s post?

Why must Leadleader opponents punish me for repping him?

and its not only for repping a part of his post. What if i want to rep his entire post to begin with. Even when he's being critical of others, am I not free to rep whomever i want?

Imagine me sending you PM criticizing you for repping someone I don't like. That is what is going on here.

Childish behavior

11. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that he is ugly and not worthy of putting the Madrid shirt on?

:D

12. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hahaha

:laugh:

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Sorry mate but if I would PM you every time that you rep an (aggressive) post of leadleader, I would have sent 1000 PMs by now. Maybe I've done three or four in the past 2-3 years.

You are now again harking back on an old post exchange, where I already came to the conclusion that you do not rep consecutive aggressive posts because of the aggressive parts. Over time I started to see that there's a random element in your reps, even if reps and appraisals go to many consecutive abrasive posts. I had already said to you: 'OK, you don't mean it back up (consecutive) insults.'

I think it is better to occasionally send a short PM, briefly asking for what you mean/think, than immediately jump the gun. I certainly never ever insulted you over PM and I always remained very friendly on PM.

You throwing fire here on two occasions in this thread (with the use of old exchanges) shows it is not too stupid to occasionally ask for clarification and the intention of aggressive reps, thereby also diminishing the spoiling and wasteful exchanges in the thread.

Estel and Moishe repped this.
  14. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well at least you're acknowledging you did send me PM's criticizing me for repping @leadleader in the past. Thanks for your honesty. Much appreciated

Am I allowed now to rep whomever i want without your permission, from now on?:unsure:

15. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    You may rep whoever you want. You are also free to not rep posters (as often). The thing is, what are the options if aggressive posts are repped or otherwise welcomed by you?

1) Ignore. In 99% of the cases this happens. 'Danger' is however a sleeping fire and a lock-in of positions, a natural state of affairs, an automatic disposition.
    2) Jump the gun. Threads become spoiled and polluted with nonsense.
    3) Send a PM (1% of the cases). Ask briefly for clarification and what is the intention. It made me understand the random element and that it is not always that aggressive part that makes you rep (even if 70% consists of jibes and insults).

What is the point however of harking back to this and throwing fire? How many more old rocks are you going to throw? Surely it was already made clear to me that you didn't mean to approve (consistent) aggressiveness?

16. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because i felt you lot being a bit too harsh on @leadleader for the recent showdown between the two of you

I am not sticking my hand in fire for leadleader but am also upset by being criticized for repping him

When I rep someone its not to send a message to other peers, rather it is to show the poster I repped that part or whole of his post made sense to me. So me repping mr X doesn mean I am conspiring against mr Z.

17. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I don't want to involve you but there you have it. If you was hesitant to rep a post with zero insults, smearing, or aggressiveness (because it might offend people; which eventually did happen after all)....
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/who-is-the-greatest-dribbler-ever.1429954/page-218#post-32032105

... then that was my beef with with backing this post and a few other aggressive posts (later it became clear to me that it was because of another small part; even if 90% of the post is abrasive).

But why those old things again really? (outside this thread; pre-ban). Distraction tactic.

18. Once

Once Member+

Apr 16, 2011
    Old rocks? Are you not the king of bringing back what people have said in the past?

leadleader repped this.
  19. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    As happened with JamesBH11? A sleeping fire that steadily grew..

With all due respect, but there is an important difference between (small) 'part' and 'whole'. It shows that it is not too bad per se to send a small message (rather than ignore or jump the gun), and that only rarely.

This is the last thing I say about it though. I will not go along with re-opening old cold cases.

20. Once

Once Member+

Apr 16, 2011
    Nobody gives a crap about who reps what but you @PuckVanHeel . You are so often bringing it up.

21. Once

Once Member+

Apr 16, 2011
    Is James banned or something, by the way? Havent seen him in a while..

greatstriker11 repped this.
  22. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    If so, that is primarily about opinions on subjects, or a perceived discrepancy between statements. I'm not the king of bringing back old incidents and re-use it again.

Greatstriker11 is bringing it up now.

And see previous posts about lock-in and JamesBH11.

I stop with it now though. I don't want to take it to this road.
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/who-is-the-greatest-dribbler-ever.1429954/page-225#post-32133375

23. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do not see any part of @leadleader comments in that post to be abrasive

Also, as usual is the case, in your succeeding post right thereafter you can see your comment and I quote you

Theoretically I also think (or can see the case) that such 'magic moments' can be crossed out against the divine handballs at important moments in the career. The famous England handball, the handball on own goalline against USSR in 1990 and the handball in the 1989 UEFA Cup final, earning him a penalty kick."

If you pay attention to the constant repetition of reminding Leadleader of Maradona's "divine handballs" this "handball" that which is not the first time you tend to overcast the use of the word "handball" in much of your post addressing Maradona. Now, did Maradona use handball in a magic moment? Yes he did. Its quite well documented. But when you keep bringing "the handball" up followed by the explicit use of the word "luckier" in so many post addressing Maradona, as if you emphasize on reminding Leadleader of the Handball, I can imagine it will start to work on peoples nerves. Cause that might be translated into "this guy must be a hater of Argentine football or Maradona" since bringing that notorious moment over and over again does leave a bad taste in its wake.

I am not barking old stuff to confront you right now, all I am doing is try to make you see why most Latin posters think you are being a "racist" when it comes to Southern European and Latin American football.

Nothing personal

24. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    King and God!

25. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    James? I heard one month

but is Leadleader being banned again on this forum?