Who is the best Young Player in Concacaf

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bballshawn, May 2, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he played in both legs. Overrated? You know of another 18 year old kid playing for a Champion's League club (Quarterfinalist) with more than 50 appearances and over 15 starts?

2. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    My bad, he did play. He's the best young American player, no doubt about it but not CONCACAF. It's just my opinion of course.

DankYummy repped this.
  3. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015

Yes and agreed. Highly overrated by nad fans.

DankYummy and Overachiever repped this.
  4. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of overrating, it ain't nad fans producing pages upon pages about a kid who hasn't a goal or assist to his name.

And I'm sure when he finally does get a goal, it'll lead to another 50 pages and probably break the BS server.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  5. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its not about goals, a player can score loads of goals and consider him the second coming of Pele than disappear into the abyss, its talent that keeps you in the game lol

jared9999 and DankYummy repped this.
  6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it's about goals, assists and chances created. That's what attackers get paid to do.

Can be the best dribbler the world's ever seen but if you're not creating the above, you're not worth much.

Of course, Lainez will eventually start banging in goals and racking up assists, at which point you'll use those stats to tell us how great he is.

7. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    At least people are talking about a kid who has made his first division debut and getting significant minutes.

Meanwhile we're being told about Carleton's greatness when he hasn't even debuted. BS servers won't be able to handle the amount of hype the moment he debuts and does something noteworthy. Same goes with EPB.

8. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    jared9999 and Gilma1990 repped this.
  9. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Playing against amateurs lol

10. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When is EPB going to get minutes with SKC?

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its

1. Lainez
    2. Jairo Torres
    Then everybody else

It's called FOOTBALL and DankYummy repped this.
  12. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Lainez holds the crown.

This thread could be locked now since the crown belongs to Lainez

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chucky is still within the age limit

Overachiever, #Vela and DankYummy repped this.
  14. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    You forgot Tony Figueroa...

DankYummy repped this.
  15. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Lainez and Torres are definitely the best U17 players in the region.

DankYummy and #Vela repped this.
  16. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Delusion runs over there at bsmx. Last cycle it was pablo lopez and some other scrubs who now arent even relevant.

17. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
  18. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Wheres the clip of him getting shut down vs the only good team he played all tourney?

19. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    U17 Power rankings

1. Lainez
    2. Torres

Gap

3. Davies

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A new name to the mix has got to be Josh Sargent. The US U17 that's currently tied for most goals at the U20 World Cup. Reports are that he's moving to Werder Bremen in Germany, but we'll see.

He hasn't yet proven what the three you've listed there have proven, but he's charging hard. He's the kid that scored two goals against Mexico at the CONCACAF U17 Championships.

His goal today against Senegal at the U20 World Cup:
    867705825829277696 is not a valid tweet id

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    The names I listed have already debuted, or in Lainez and Davies case, have gotten considerable minutes in first division. Good performances in youth tournaments don't translate to first division success most of the time.

Will he even have a chance to play first division until he turns 18? If not then I don't think he can be included.

22. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    I saw from 20 minutes the first half until the final whistle in the Senegal/US game, and I have to say, Sargent is quality.

The kid is better than anyone on your u-20 team. And yet, he is only 17 years old.

I like Pulisic but he doesn't wow me as much as Sargent can. From what I've seen, Sargent is more skilled and talented than Pulisic. Pulisic never strike me as a high ceiling player. He has a large floor and a solid ceiling. I have a feeling that Pulisic is going to peak early and will remain at a decent level for a long time. On the other hand, Sargent has all the tools to become really good. I'm curious on how he will fare against better competition though. But so far, so good.

DankYummy repped this.
  23. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nope that argument is not a good one. First division minutes doesn't equal being the better player. Of course if you can compare skill sets and make an argument there we might get somewhere. Just like EPB and CCV being better than Montes. Montage is an average player in sense he doesn't do one thing great, of course he can get better, but the former 2 have higher ceilings.

24. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    #4974 JRB92, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Wait now first division minutes don't matter? :ROFLMAO:

So playing first division minutes before 18 years old doesn't count for much, but playing well in youth games holds a lot more weight? How do you know that they are better players if they can't break through their teams in a weaker league? Using your logic then Alvarez is better than Brooks because he has a higher ceiling.

EPB has become the most overrated player in this region. So much hype for a player that wasn't good enough for Porto and now isn't good enough for an mls team. But hey he dominates youth games!

Montes and Alvarez are easily better than EPB. CCV only advantage is that he "plays" for a better team, but if he doesn't start getting playing time soon then it won't count for much.

Do me a favor and look at the US U-20 team that made the semis two years ago. How many of those players can you say have progressed? Not a lot I imagine.

DankYummy and #Vela repped this.
  25. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a pendejo they usually go to the u20 wc to try and get first team playing time, thats one goal lol we all know Lainez is the best thing happening in concacaf right now lol

DankYummy repped this.