Who Is The Best Brazil Player Since Ronaldo/Ronaldinho?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After Ronaldo and Ronaldinho their hasnt really been a special player like them, all of them have preety much failed.
    but who do you reckon is the best since Ronaldo and Ronaldinho?

Kaka - He was the best player in 2007, but after that CR7 and Messi took over straight away.
    Adriano - He was meant to be the new Ronaldo but dont know what happen to him
    Robinho - Everyone expected him to become the next big thing but it didn't happen.
    Pato - His dream was to become like Ronaldo 9, but obviously that didnt happen, plus his injuries has kept him down.
    Diego - Same as Robinho, he didnt become what people expected him to be.
    Hulk - Decent player but not even in the TOP 5 today and is already 25 years old.

New Generation

Neymar - Only 19 years old and Probaly the best thing since Ronaldo/Ronaldinho, but we still need to wait until 2014 World Cup.

Lucas - Same as Neymar, need to wait until 2014 World Cup

Ganso - Very good vision and passing skills, but he doesnt run much and is injury prone. He is already 22 years old and still not in Europe.

L.Damiao - Brazil's only true #9 Striker today since Adriano failed and Pato keeps getting injured, he is 22 years old already and not even in the TOP 10 today, so he is no new Ronaldo for Brazil otherwise he would of been in the TOP 3 with Messi and CR7 at this age. But he is deadly around the 18 yard box just like Romario, and he is 22 years old just like Ganso and not in Europe.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Kaka easily. Too bad the last years haven't been so great for him. Also, when one lists players like Diego or Hulk, then I suppose Maicon and Dani Alves deserve a recognition/nomination. Alves especially has played consistently great for years now.

Neymar has more or less nice chances IMO of becoming the "best Brazilian since Dinho" but he obviously isn't that yet. Kaka set the world in fire in his prime, which is something Neymar has yet to do. Just needs to go to Europe to compete in the highest club football level in order to grow and test his true quality.

3. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yee Kaka is probaly the best Brazilian since Ronaldo/Ronaldinho, but CR7 and Messi took over just when Kaka reached his best in 2007.
    I think Neymar is the best since them but he is still too young, so for now its probaly Kaka but in 1-2 years ill say Neymar.
    But still why are always these Brazilians failing? espically Robinho, and Pato keeps getting injured.

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's hard to compared players in different positions. Like, how do you compare Dani Alves and Neymar? Julio Cesar and Robinho? Anyway, I wouldn't say Neymar is the next one after Kaka in this list, for the reason that he is still so young and hasn't played in top competitions long enough to show how good he really is.

As for why are Brazilians always failing? I think it's a matter of how you choose to see it. I think Robinho are Pato are far from "failures". But new Ronaldos and Dinhos don't grow in trees, and many talented youngsters become very, very good eventually, but not THAT good. Fans/media creating impossibly high standards for young footballers doesn't help as the pressure comes too high too soon. That's also the reason why I would decide to keep my feet on the ground with the hopes of the future of Neymar. It's also not a Brazilian thing: there are promising youngsters everywhere who might or might not become the next Zidane, Puyol, C. Ronaldo and those players very often become good, but not THAT good.

5. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Everyone expected Robinho to become like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Pele, but that didnt happen so thats why people will say he failed/flopped.
    Robinho was a very good player back in Santos and Real Madrid, he stuffed up by going Manchester city.
    Neymar is much better than Robinho ever was and more effective.

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No they didn't.

7. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Robinho suffered from the Santos youngster curse: if you are a very good forward playing for Santos youth teams, that has excellent technique and can score some excellent goals, then you will probably be labeled new Pelé by the media. And with a comparison like that, ANY PLAYER IN HISTORY would be considered a flop. There will be no new Pelé, EVER.

Robinho is not in good form right now, but I believe that the overhype was so big that it backfired: he became underrated. He won titles for every team he played for, and won every possible title for the Brazillian national team (minus the most important, the WC)... Really you won't find many players with a similar curriculum in 4 different leagues.

Adriano and Ronaldinho are disappointments for the Seleção because even though they ha dtheir good moments with us (Ronaldinho won a WC and Adriano was incredible in that Confederations cup) , they had the talent to do much more if only they had the right mentality/ treated their bodies better. Waste of incredible talent, we are having such a difficult transition phase from Rivaldo/Ronaldo because because those two have pathetic attitudes. At least Ronaldo had Romario to tutor and cover him when he was starting his Seleção history, he had much less pressure than the likes of Neymar/Lucas/Damião who have to be starters and the main men behind our success.

Diego started REALLY well, but made some very stupid decisions on his career and burnt himself. A fool, no doubt, but it seems like he is getting better at Atletico.

Pato is just WAY too injury prone, I'm losing my faith on him. There are rumors as well that his life off the pitch is not very healthy, he seems to like partying and drinking.

So I have to agree that Kaká was the best post-Ronaldo Brazillian player... At top form he was a force to be reckoned with, and if right now he is not at the same form, I'm not sure that he can be blamed for that, he just had too much injuries.

8. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well put. My vote goes to Robinho. I have have voted for Kaka but for the injuries. (side note: I still believe if Kaka is at 100% for the 2010 WC, Brazil wins)

Anyway, Robinho's success for Brazil doesn't get alot of play; Copa Top Scorer, best player, most capped player under Dunga, lots of goals; it just seems like post-Ronnies, Robinho has been the in the mix the most and made the most impact.

9. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think we forgot a very great player.

RIVADLO - Obviously he's pretty old now but i would argue that for the Selecao Rivaldo was better than Ronaldinho.

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I fully believe if Kaka is at 100% for the 2014 WC, Brazil wins.

11. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rivaldo was before Ronaldo and Ronaldinho,
    but both Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were better than Rivaldo.

12. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I'd argue he was a more complete player then Ronaldinho full stop. :)

No question Rivaldo was much better for Brazil then Ronaldinho, its a shame many young people don't apreciate Rivaldo. I'm only 23, but regard him higher then Zidane even.

His rep took a beating after the turkey 02 farce and many people are ignorant. A real pity :(

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Prime Rivaldo was better than Prime Ronaldinho IMO. He is the best attacker after Ronaldo in the last 15 years but since this is talking about since Ronaldo/Ronaldinho than it was Kaka.

14. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Kaka today was like he was in 2007, then Brazil would win 2014 WC.
    But Kaka is 29 years old, what are the chances of that happening.

15. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    25%....He is injury prone and lost some of his speed, he doesn't appear to impact big games halve as much. Whether thats down to his lack of game time/confidence issues, or if Mourinho feels he's not the player he once was...well i have no idea.

16. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rivaldo was not before Ronaldo. They both came together around the same time and if you recall Ronaldo was called up for the 94 WC and not Rivaldo.

Rivaldo was arguably our best player in both the 98 and 02 WC's. I recall that in 02 the trainers from Barcelona insisted that he needed to have knee surgery and would miss the WC but the Selecao staff brought him in and did some tests and no surgery was needed and Rivaldo was brilliant in 02. In my generation I would easily but him in my top 5 Brazilians I have watched play.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was going to tell you something, but the mods wouldn't agree with me. So just do a mental exercise and try to read my mind.

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Copa America 1999 as well. IMO, Rivaldo ranks 3rd after Romario and Ronaldo as far as Brazil Best players in the last 20 years.

19. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wait what? Colorado Gaucho holding back?!? I never thought I would live to see that! :D

20. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Man every player has to go Europe to be considered on a higher level, if not they have to win a World Cup.
    Its either Go Europe, or win the World Cup.
    I would rather Neymar, Lucas, Dede, Ganso and L.Damiao to go Europe by 2013 instead of staying in Brazil longer.

Cruyff, Platini, Puskas, Maradona, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, CR7, Messi - They all went to Europe.
    Pele didnt but he won 3 World Cups so thats a different story.

21. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Consider on a higher level? By whom? We dont give a damn what you people think. That's why you are a fake fan and bandwagon jumper glory hunter and not a real Brasilian like us. What Santos fan wants to the see Neymar gone? Damn, I'm not a Santos fan and I don't want to see him gone. We want to be watching him. Like when we watched Zico, Socrates, Edmundo and Romario every Sunday. They were in Brasil, not in Europe. And guess what? They were great. They were great to us, Brasilians. To whom they are supposed to be great and entertain. Screw Europe, the europeans and anybody who thinks like them. We got 5 world cups, what european team does that? 58, 62, 70 were won with a 100% Brasilian based players. In 94 we had a whole bunch of Brasilian based players there, get that in your head. Players do not need to be in Europe to be great. Or to be considered great by europeans. Who cares what europeans think? We rule this game. Count the stars and think about what you're saying. Imperialist !@#%!%

Oh yeah, because they were born where again? Kid, you don't know much do you?

22. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You seem really angry?
    I am a real Brazil fan, but I would just rather see Neymar play for Barcelona instead of Santos.
    Ronaldo 9 has also been saying for Neymar to go Europe.

23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You are free to have your opinion Daniel... But our teams are working very hard to keep their idols here. Nothing makes a supporter happier than to see their football idols playing for his team, it's a privilege that we thought was gone, but now it's proving to be possible. So don't expect to see many people around here agreeing that Neymar or Lucas or Damião or whoever should move to Europe right now.

It's understandable you'd want to see Neymar at Barcelona since at least your profile says you are a Barcelona fan and it would it easier for you to watch him, but hey I'm a Santos fan, I need him here. I truly believe he can develop to his potential here. Why should him risk a poor adaptation to a new country, or spending a lot of time in the bench (since walking in into Barcelona's starting XI is quite a mission for a 19 years old player, at most he would get a few chances when they rotated their players), or even end up as Pato and be pumped so full of muscles he can't even dribble like he used to or keep healthy for more than five matches, just to be "recognised by Europe"? Why must him risk hindering his development just to make some people that don't give a **** about Brazillian football at all realize he is indeed good? If they underestimate him because "he plays in an inferior league where the defenders are all one-legged dwarves who can't defend at all", all the better for us, they won't see it coming when they face us.

For me, Neymar should be getting as much playtime as possible at this stage of his career. Moving to Europe right now would hinder his development. Nothing would make me happier than to see him stay at Santos until he retires, though I doubt it will happen... But right now, Santos is the best place for him to be, and he will stay here.

24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the game today has changed so much since 1994, let alone 58 / 62 / 70.

as much as i enjoy watching the Brasilian / Argentine / Colombian leagues, the truth of the matter is that all of those leagues in south america have essentially become feeder leagues / revolving door for EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc. where the competition is the best - it pains me to say it, but it's true.

at some point - players in south america need to go to europe to broaden their horizons and play in the most competitive environment. i don't think a player like neymar develops much by playing in the state tournaments unless santos is playing one of the top teams, when you have teams in europe playing in both the champion's league and europa league.

keep in mind neymar is still 19, so there is no rush for him to leave just yet. while i don't see it happening, it would be a shame for neymar to go now to europe and get lost in the shuffle at some big club like players such as Walter, Thiago Neves, Keirrison and other recent flavors of the month out of the brasil league.

25. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember seeing Adriano in his first Copa America and thinking he was handcrafted by the man Himself to destroy the soccer world. He looked like the perfect forward. I haven't seen anything quite like him in terms of what he combined size and technique wise.