Who is next?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by HScoach13, May 25, 2018.

1. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Ok... This may not be where this needs to be but beyond Josh Sargent. Who will be the next player to leave the Academy to get first team minutes? Who should I be paying attention too? I know that this is really just going to be an opinion piece.

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just a suggestion, but if you are looking for a broad discussion of academy-aged players overseas, this YNT forum thread might be good for you (since this forum is mostly individual player threads -- though I certainly suggest you check those out as well):

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forums/youth-national-teams.255/

Winoman repped this.
  3. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    "individual player threads" I am looking for which of these players will make it out of this Academy thread to big club minutes whether by moving up, loan or transfer. This was not necessarily a YNT/MNT question.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    You said "This may not be where this needs to be," which I interpreted as a question about the best place to discuss a topic you were interested in. (If I misread your post, my apology.)

I suggested places where that topic was already being discussed, and gave you a link to one.

You're certainly welcome to create a new place to discuss that topic if that's what you prefer.

5. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sticking with Taitague. Injuries probably prevented him from getting a shot already. If he can stay healthy, I say he gets some minutes next season.

Akale has to be at least close to first team minutes, too.

6. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Here's a few foreign names. Other than what FCD does with Servenia, Ferreira, and Pomykal I can't really speak about other MLS teams.

These are in no particular order by the way and none have the full men's team caps.

Kyle Scott: Chelsea - He got screwed when Chelsea took forever to sign/not sign Drinkwater so he didn't go out on loan this season but the tidy technical CM needs a good loan or asked to be sold. Expect to see the 20 year old at Vitesse or somewhere similar this fall.

Josh Perez: Fiorentina - Decent but not great minutes in Serie C this season but that's not where he wants to be. Either through a better loan to Serie B or by being sold, expect to see more from Perez as a pro next season.

Chris Gloster: Hannover - How the future hope at LB for the US handles his transition to the Bundesliga will be a hot topic to follow this fall. If he follows the pattern earning a starting spot with the U-19s is the first step to breaking out over there like Pulisic and McKinnie have.

Marlon Fossey: Fulham - Injuries plagued what should have been his breakout season with the U-23s. A lot will depend on the playoff game tomorrow but if Fulham don't win and play in the EPL next season several players may be sold off including Ryan Fredericks, their starting RB. He just needs to be healthy and playing.

Dest, Wright, and Acosta at Boca Juniors are a few more names to keep an eye on.

Lookingforleftbacks and bballshawn repped this.
  7. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle Scott and Josh Perez have both already gotten first team minutes with their parent club. For me, it's probably going to be Fossey.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.