Who is Guido Vadala, and why did we buy him from you guys?

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey All Boca Junior Fans:

I am an official Juventus fan, and the only reason I am here is to ask about Guido Vadala. First of all I never watch the argentinian league and Boca Junior is the only team I even know that plays here. I guess that sums up my lack of knowledge in this league. Sorry guys.

Anyway I want to ask you about Guido Vadala? I have never heard of him before ever since we bought him last summer. How good is he? What type of player is he? Who does he compare to thats way more famous?

Also do you have any idea why we bought him? He hasn't showed up AT ALL in any of our games since the summer friendlies. No Serie A, UCL, or even Coppa Italia apps. I just find it weird that we (a club that were UCL runners up) bought this unknown player from you guys? I really have no idea who he is, and since I don't he is probably not good enough to be at Juve, especially since he was only there for 2-3 summer friendlies and then completely disappeared from the news.

How many games did he play for you in the past seasons? Can you please explain what type of player he is and what to expect out of him? Also why did we buy him?

Thanks.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is an 18 year old kid who came from Messi's hometown. He looks and plays just like Messi.

Well, sort of. :D

He actually only played a couple of games for Boca, coming in a few minutes off the bench. But in the youth divisions he looked quite good.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do you think he deserves to be at Juve though? Is he really any level like Messi? Messi was a super sub for Barcelona when he was 18 years old if I am recalling right.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously he's not Messi. People have compared him to Messi because they both come from Rosario, have similar physical characteristics, play the same position (playmaker/forward). Vadala has some moves that remind people of Messi, but he's not in the same category, otherwise he'd be famous worldwide already.

Vadala has the potential to be a very good player in Europe -and that's why Juventus asked for him as part of the package to return Tevez to Boca- but he is still basically a project that may or may not pan out. The kid has talent, but that doesn't always equal success.

5. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do you think he could ever develop that kind of ability/consistency like Lionel or that's completely out of the question?

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's not going to be Messi, but he is a good young player to have on your squad. He has talent and skill, he can dribble, he can pass and he can score. He has the potential to be a a difference maker at the highest level, although it's premature to say that he will be one. I've seen players with great potential come to nothing, but this kid has a good chance to be something.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And if he is, you know very well the tanos will be trying to give him a cap.

:D

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe more like Tevez level I suppose?