Who is going to dc?

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by CHEGA, May 21, 2007.

1. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    thats something we don't do drink with the people who have treated us like crap.. just come to houston see what it is going to be like..:mad:

2. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    Alright, I have made it back to Houston from DC and then three days of heavy drinking a titty chasing on the beach in Maryland with Chris. Here is my report:

Saturday: I flew in early and got down to drinking early. Chris and I bought 2 thirty packs of Bud Light and then drove to the stadium. We drove right into Lot 8 (someone told us not to go there, but oh well) and started drinking. MeBrian showed up and brought some noise. Art showed up and then the rest of the boys showed up. It was fun. We got into the stadium and brought the noise the best that 20+ guys could do.

I have to admit that it was impressive to see the stands rock like Barra Brava rocked them, but there were times when they were eerily silent. I brought this to the attention to some at the post game drink off. After the game, I got hit in the face with an empty bottle and when I told the cop I wanted something done, he laughed. I asked him what I would do if I threw a bottle at him, since this guy got away with it, the cop told me he would beat the sh** out of me. The guy that hit me was not a member of SE's or BB's, and most of the people that I talked to apologized for it. I know that sometimes, one idiot actions are not representative of the whole groups.

After the game, it was great to just wait for the guys and cheer for them. Big props to Dom, E-Rob, Mr. Waibel, Rico and DeRo for coming over and talking to us. I gave DeRo my scarf and told him he made my trip to Colorado freaking awesome with that bomb.

Then we went to Finn McCool's and drank with some of the members of the Barra Brava's (I remember someone telling everyone not to do that, because it was bad for us, but nothing happened). MeBrian, Newtex, DrLudicrus, CougarClaws and I all drank with some of the guys. It was good to see that both DC and us hate Dallas with a passion and celebrated Chivas beating FC Frisco. Big props go to Tom Soehn for comeing up to us and thanking us for coming up to support our team. He told me that other than Red Bull and New England, that we brought more fans than any other supporter group that brought fans to DC. I drank a beer with Coach Soehn and talked a little soccer, which was cool. MeBrian also talked to Dave Casper, the DC Technical Director, but all I heard from MeBrian was SLUUUUUUUUUURRRRR, DYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOO!

I had a great time in DC and enjoyed the atmosphere. It was amazing that the sections around us got louder because of all the noise that we brought. For the crap we put up with, I expect it. It is part of being an away supporter. Durring the 90+ minutes, I hate you guys too, but after the game, it was fun just to talk soccer and promote the game in a healthy way. I definitely look forward to seeing you guys down here in Houston in July. Bring lots of suntan lotion and lots of beer to stay hydrated.

3. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Didn't say don't do it, just don't be a dick if you choose to do it. :)

Glad you had a good time, sorry to hear about the bottle.

4. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    it was a pleasure meeting you at the pub....sorry about the bottle, what a total dick, hope your ok.
    and what goose said about gg to the pub afterwards, def welcome there AFTER the match, just as long as noones a dick, as i would expect to behave down there after a match with you guys
    thanks for coming again! hope to see you all down there

5. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    Boys, it's all good. I don't even remember you saying that Spider. There were some internal suggestions from our groups not to hang out with the enemy. I have cheered with you guys at USMNT games in RFK with you guys, so I know what goes on before, during and after the games. Cheers to you guys, and look forward to seeing you down here.

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'know....I dunno why everyone gets so worked up about opposing SGs mingling before and after a game. For us, so long as it's not Dallas or Chivas, there probably won't be any problems...heck, even with those two, there might not be (just an increased risk of being problems :p). If the SE, BB, or LN come down in July for the games, I'll welcome you myself before hand and if you want, can join us at the Mezz. That'd be cool with me. Now, if you rooted for Dallas/Chivas, I'd tell you to walk through 5th ward to find a bar and leave it at that :D;)

Keep up the good work there and see you in a month and change (the S-Liga title is ours!)

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Mixing groups of opposing fans is a bad idea. Most of the people may be able to get along but there may be a few that don't, and bad things can happen then.

If individuals want to that's their choice, they just have to be ready to deal with the consequences.

8. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    i speak for all EL BATALLON don't come near us if you plan on coming in from out of town.........

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO MIXING! I'm gonna sound like an old Dixiecrat but Segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever!

It boils down to a safety thing my friends. Some of us have kids around at the game and tailgating right??? We've heard talk of bottles being thrown by grown men at other grown men. Fellow Texians, what happens if that occurs at the wrong place and the wrong time???
    If one of those bottles hits one of my lil' Dynamo Supporters then the situation becomes ULTRA dangerous for that unlucky bastard. If it bears repeating....anyone wearing Texian Army gear and mixing with rival supporters....you reap what you sew.

However, no man can tell another what to do. That is the core to my take on life. God grants us free will....yet we owe it to others that we must be mindful when speaking of handshakes and chit chat with rival supporters. Our German brothers have voiced their advise and Scottish Neil would speak the same wisdom. Safety must rule the day.

10. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For my part...I agree. If you have friends in other SGs (I do) that's all well and good but the two groups shouldn't mingle. Individuals are relatively easy to control. Large groups of people are very difficult to control and even more so when the two are rivals. Why invite trouble? Let's just avoid the situation all together.

11. Gregmeister

Gregmeister New Member

May 29, 2007
    Section 213-214
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I completely agree with Chega! This mingling and sharing brews is crap! We (El Batallon) dislike anyone who doesn't root for Dynamo. So in the words of Chega "Don't come near us" most of us are waiting for an excuse to act up. Esto no es un juego, queremos ser los mas respetados y odiados en la MLS!!! AWUEBO!!!!

12. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Welcome to Big Soccer , Greg !

Me , a TA member , will stay away from them . No question .

Hey Greg , I better leave my Germany scarf @ home , otherwise EB will accidently beat the crap out of me .... :D
    :cool:

13. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    if we see the inferno and their banner near us by any means, we are gonna take the banner away ;)

14. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    well said , repped

15. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    watching the game now so didn't see silent part yet, but we're generally louder when losing :D

16. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you should be...

(I'll ignore the gloating) :D

17. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Honestly, it's none of my business but this makes me a little sad. Speaking as the Screaming Eagles Road Trip Director, one of the biggest reasons so many of us are coming back to Houston this year is because of how wonderfully we were treated last year and how well we got along with everyone (and supported your team) during MLS Cup.

Wasn't it EB that came and did a friendly drum circle in front of us during half time last September?

Anyway, I did come over and say hello to you guys last weekend and I was glad to see you guys there.

See you (or not - it seems) in July. So far, we're bringing a group of about 15. The people who go on these trips with us are NOT of the bottle throwing variety.

18. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    And they will come do the drum circle again. I think its mostly about the tailgating

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw, it's not that amigo. It's just Safety first, the fact that there is a tradition between rivals in futbol and how things should be conducted on game days between the clubs. On other occasions there can be a time and place for other things, but for Ultras in the Texian Army like me and my buddies and of course El Batallon...why try and re-invent the wheel??? What has been good for other nations for many decades is sure fine for us in MLS. Our Scottish Texians would tell us "don't think to hard on this!"

I presented the original DCU crest shirt to y'all as a sense of closure for me. I had it to support the league back in '95 and with our Dynamo I wanted it to be given to its rightful owners as a token of respect. I can appreciate your comments but do understand that in Houston our soccer culture is very strong and very grity. Tensions run very high 'round here. I know full well the sport is heavily followed in D.C. and L.A., but not unlike gridiron in Texas, our other football is a religion as well. The local guys like me and others that have grown up here have been able to see our soccer culture grow on the DL cuz many sports fans in Houston still don't "get it" for soccer. I've been thru things that range from parking lot brawls after USA and Mexico in '03, to defending my wife from a pack of drunk guanacos last year and irate Iranians telling me "I'm gonna shot your kneecaps off!" back in the day.
    So from those warm and fuzzy memories I know shit can and will hit the fan with the beautiful game here in Clutch City.
    USA vs. Mexico, El Salvador vs. Mexico, Guatemala and the Catrachos, the passion form the SA dudes and not to mention the African and Arab die hards who are borderline psycho when involved with the sport. Perhaps its our oppressive heat plus the sport but leavin' that aside, I've been there when shit hits the fan between locals. So from our point of view as Houston inchas we are telling the rest of the barras and SG's to just stay clear.

Again, I just want like minded folks like us in our Hinchada to be able to know that a rival supporter is not gonna be anywhere near our tailgate or North End. Safety rules. Then it's a good time for all. Ya feel me SE's.

20. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    in that case...by all means...lets have the infernitos come on by and say hi :p

21. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll see me. I'll make a point to find you guys and introduce. I've got lots of respect for DC fans and what they've done over the years. But, that's just me. *shrug* We'll try and make sure you guys have more fun this time and make sure security doesn't give you problems unlike last time. Of course, they haven't been exactly great with us so who knows...:rolleyes: :mad:

Anywho, see you guys in July. Good luck (except against us :D) and continue the good work up there in DC

22. CHEGA

CHEGA New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    in el h town
    i think its different now man that drum circle was us being peaceful but stuff got way out of line and now we were disrespected very bad................ barra bravas have friends but this time it seems like a couple of guys are gonna make things different..

i know that we will try and visit every stadium this and next season allthe way to canada...... that way supporter teams will come out and visit other stadiums

if my team was located in the east coast or close to there WE WOULD BE TRAVELING ALOT MORE

LIKE I SAID WE WERE TREATED LIKE CRAP OVER THERE AND WE ARENT' COMPLAINING WERE JUST TELLING YOU HOW IT IS.....

23. same goes to NY and New England.

Dallas and Sh!tvas already know whats up with us.

24. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Ah now look what you did NY and DC, u got Chega pissed :eek: