Who is fastest?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Anaheim, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    I was wondering who is/was the fastest player in the Korean team.

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Well, some of Korean players who are considered pretty fast are (not in particular order):

Lee Chun-Soo
    Choi Tae-Wook
    Cha Doo-Ri
    Park Ji-Sung
    Song Chong-Gug

Maybe, in 20m sprint Cha Doo-Ri is the fastest??

3. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    Is Seol Ki-Hyun any fast? Because he seems to be able to out sprint any defender during WC...

4. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Ooops I forgot about Seol. Of course. I think in general, Korean wingers are all pretty quick. By quick I mean 12 seconds in 100m or under.

5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    What's considered fast for a footballer? In sprinting, the world record is a shade under 10 seconds for 100m. Of course, they have the benefit of the starting block, but does it make that big of a difference?

Also, when I was 15, I ran a 12.75 sec 100m, but I was not even close to being the fastest on the track team. There were guys running 11 sec 100m. Shoot, my brother routinely ran 11 sec 100m, but he had really muscular thighs from birth. Again, we used starting blocks.

Any thoughts on this?

6. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    I think Michael Owen can bust out a 10 sec. 100m run.

I don't know if there are any other players who run a 10 flat on 100m, but I may be wrong.

7. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Isn't that geezer, Kim Tae Young fast as well? I remember during the Spain match when Morientes was on a fast break-away during a counter, Tae Young was probably about 1ft away from his marked man but was still able to catch up to him and throw his entire body to stop his counter. I thought that was an amazing moment of the Korean mentality to never give up on anything.

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    That's rubbish. That would make him nearly Olympic champion quality the WC is something like 9.89. There is no way he is in that class

DaMarcus Beasely is oen of the fastest players I have ever seen

9. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    I think more important than being purely fast is being able to dribble the soccer ball and play while on the run. In these terms I think Seol Ki-hyeon is the best.

Korean players are generally individually fast, so I will name Korea's slower players - Hong, Ahn, and Yoo Sang-chul. Others are Yoon Jung-hwan, Ko Jong-su, and Lee Dong-guk,

10. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    When you say slower players... Lee Ddong Gook is on an entirely different level from the rest.
    He must be the slowest Korean capped player, probably the whole U14 team could beat him.

11. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    actually, he not slow. His 100m record is 12 second something. But it seems like he slows down a lot WITH the ball.

Owen cannot break the 10 second barrier. But I've heard that he is 10 second something.

12. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    from what i've heard
    Choi TaeUk's 100m is like 11.2
    Lee ChunSoo is like 11.7

i'll try to find out the others

13. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I never really thought of Ahn as being slow... he's pretty average in that department I'd say.

As for Lee DG, like KF said he's not slow... he's pretty average fast when and IF he is running (which he almost never does... he always walks around that lazy bum... haha)

Koreans that are top tier in speed category I'd say are: Cha Doo-Ri, Choi Tae-Uk, Lee Chun-Soo, Seo Jung-Won, Lee Jong-Min... etc...

Some of the world's fastest players that stands out on top of my mind: Henry, Owen, Overmars, Shevchenko, Neuville, Beasley... and many others.

14. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    More important that flatout speed is acceleration. I think 5 meter as opposed to 100 meter dashes are more accurate indicators of speed in a soccer match. In this aspect I think Ahn and Lee DG are pretty slow. Ahn makes up for this with his ball handling, flair, and technique, but I think Lee DG is just lost on this issue.

15. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    How fast would Henry, Roberto Carlos etc. be?

16. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    yeah. in this issue, from what i've seen lee cheon-su is darn slow too. I didnt see him out run a single defender once in the world cup. Let alone, did he ever dribble pass a guy.

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you're talkin about how fast they can do the 100m, I'm assuming this is without having to dribble a ball at the same time. So say they did have a ball, how much of a difference in time would that make?

18. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ah, who can forget Seo Jung-won's dash against Spain in 1994!
    I think Maradona was pretty fast.
    Isn't Landon Donovan also pretty fast?

19. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan is quick. DaMarcus Beasley quicker.

20. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    How's providence? Is Paragon still there?

21. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Paragon is there but I've never been. I don't venture out to Thayer too much. Living in East Prov. so we do most of what we need to in Seekonk. But yeah, me and my roomates will go downtown every once in a while. By the way, Rhode Islanders can't drive for shit. They're worse then Massholes.