Who is better: Shinji Okazaki or Takayuki Morimoto?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Luislb10, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Who is better?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2010.
  1. Shinji Okazaki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Takayuki Morimoto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Shinji Okazaki

April 16, 1986 (age 23) NT 17 (11 goals)

Takayuki Morimoto

May 7, 1988 (age 21) NT 0 (0)

2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll vote after Togo game. That's a question i'm trying to answer for myself.

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As of now, Morimoto has no credibility on an international level.

Okazaki has proven himself time and time again at the national team level.

I think at the club level it there are equally good. Okazaki may play in a worse league, but his scoring record is better than Morimoto's.

Right now for me it is no contest that Okazaki is better.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lets wait after Morimoto has played some games for the NT. But he is playing in Serie A and scoring alot so.

I would like to see the play together. Will Morimoto play against Togo?

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Morimoto definitely tougher.

Okazaki more technical. He should go play one year in Europe, just as study abroad, in whichever league he could get a starting position--the roughest the better.

Morimoto's skill was clear in the game vs Scotland. As he entered, just by him chasing the ball and diagonal runs, the team became 15-20 meters longer, and in that space Matsui and Honda moved the ball at will.

He "forced" the owngoal and generated the rebound for the second goal.

I like them both, the one I don't want to see is Tamada, while Sato should get a chance, if only as sub.

The four I like the most are Morimoto, Okazaki, Sato and Tanaka--at least for what seen so far this and in the past season.

6. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I haven't seen a lot of either but speaking of Morimoto, I know some people passionate about the Serie A and they are very impressed with him. Of course it's harder to succeed in that country, that league, than what stands in front of Okazaki - I don't wish to insult the J-League, I'm really interested in it and think some great football is played there, but the Serie A is recognised as one of the big three in Europe, and Morimoto has stood up thus far. Also it's not only the teams, the players, the defenders... which need to be taken into account. It's a massive challenge to adapt to another culture with another language, so on. Okazaki would have it more comfortable in this aspect.

7. Hermes

Hermes Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Kobe
    Club:
    Vissel Kobe
  8. BlueHeart91

BlueHeart91 New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm an italian, and I can see more often Morimoto than Okazaki, and Morimoto more powerful and stronger, he does his work great, even on a place like this, the Serie A. He may not be a fluent scorer... but he's helpful to the team, did you see his assist on Sunday?

One of the greatest jp players here like Hide and Nakamura indeed.

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    BlueHeart, there are three Italian users around here: me, you and Retri (Urawa Reds Fan). We all ahve one thing in common, besides Japanese soccer: we all hate Inter :p

I am very glad there is finally another Japanese player doing well in Serie A. I wish others could follow soon, but -as Morimoto did-, they should do the move when they're 17-18 years old. At 21-22 they seem already too "Japanized" to adapt to the extreme pressure and to the "tactic-ism" of Italian soccer.

10. Harima83

Harima83 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm italian like you and my opinion about Morimoto is the same. I'd like to see him in a better team, like Fiorentina, Roma and Sampdoria. I think he will become one of the top japanese players in the world.