who has the most competitive team for copa america?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by TinTan, Apr 12, 2007.

1. TinTan

TinTan New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Kidderminster
    Knowing that Argentina is going with a B-Team and Brazil too. Wich team do you reckon has a better chance of lifting the cup this year?

2. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Argentina is not going with a B team and Brasil MIGHT (the only one they know for sure who wont be there is Ronaldinho)

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thread moved

4. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    the teams with most depth (Argentina and Brazil)

5. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    argentina and brasil still

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    argentina is sending a arg league based team but thats what they have been doing recently and still have a sick team and brasil might send a sub 23 but look at their sub 23 stars... um ROBINHO !!!!

that being said I no Colombia is sending the same exact team that will play the qualifiers for us, so think we should be hard considering we finished 4th with a team made up of players that never played any qualifier games last time.

think US and Mexico will have a hard time because their is no way any team will let them keep players for 2-3 months for copa america and copa oro. Both of them are favorites to win Copa oro and go to Copa confederationes so thats prob what they will want to do.

also think Venezulea might suprise people .. they are at home and arent the whippin boys any more

7. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who said Arg was sending Arg based players only Czd? Basile has been training with Arg based players in his mini-camps to try alternatives but most likely the Copa Argentina team will be a mix of the 2 making them very strong and well balanced.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    from prep games and last 3 months formations: USA and URUGUAY could be the dark horses of the tournament (from the grp of Minows)

brazil and arg...are still looking to replace injured (ex...pato) or players that resigned from nat team duty (ex.. Ze roberto)

Colombia has a strong defense, but COLD feet strickers in recent months.
    Peru and ecuador bring equal teams and will be hard for them to make into second round.

9. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I wouldnt consider Uruguay a 'dark horse'. If anything, they are a top 4 candidate to lift the copa.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    what about mexico?

they look very disorganized under el bocon sanchez....but that may be only a learning process of the new system he wants players to learn, in any case he has more games (hence many minutes in june than the rest).

11. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think this Copa will come with many surprises. I honestly cant wait. Regarding Mexico, I think they play their best games against good teams. I'll get you a hat for this Copa efe ;)

12. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I say Venezuela. It's true that they lack talent, but they are the only team that is 100% obligated to win. They will put up a fight in every game.

Other than the host, probably Argentina--as they'll be the hosts for the next copa america, and to make amends for the last copa america that they lost in the final minute.

13. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    • Argentina will win it.
    • Venezuela will reach semis
    • Colombia will have a good tournament
    • Brazil will do well
    • Final will be Argentina - Colombia, and we lose

14. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Did you watch both games (en Barcelona y Madrid), efer? :rolleyes:

15. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Argentina is going in with a strong team and Uruguay as well

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Easily, best Copa (as far as line-up for all teams) in the last decade....

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    nope....just the highlights and all your comments in big soc

I see the ecua grp as on that is good for a 3rd place, but not enugh points to be one of best 2 third placed teams.
    With peru, I see no chance vs uruguay and a tie to local team, It depends who score more vs Bolivia (but they arrive to venelandia with lots of confidence) That is why I see the 2 teams very even before and for the amt of possible pts after the grp games.
    IMHO

18. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I saw Peru better than Ecuador on both games. The chilean posters (since Ecua is in their group) chimed in and also said the same thing. We shall see.

19. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ecuador hardly wins outside of their country and, for some reason, they underachieve in the Copa America. Heck, even Bolillo gomez got fired despite having a better team (2004) than what Suarez has today--and playing their group games near Ecuador.

I don't give them much chance, but that's not to say their situation is hopeless either.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    If any of you have been watching the gold cup Hugo might change Mexicos squad for Copa America and incoorperate some Pachuca players

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hugo looks pretty lost right now - not even his son understand him now!

mexico has a grp generation of players, bot hot heads as cuate and bofo are not going to help when 110% concentration is needed. Guardado and salcido are the best so far in copa Oro....I heard marquez (barca) will be there tomorrow to help on defense.....
    One thing Hugo has on his side is TIME: the team has more minutes together than any other in copa America! they do not play atractive and organized is another problem

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    colombians can play for Mexico now? :p :p

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think Mosqueda is a good defender but culero if that is his name kind of lost it after some years

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The USMNT team will also have played together a ton of minutes as well.

25. waytoolong67

waytoolong67 New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Toronto
    They actually have gone with a team stacked with foreign league players. They are going all out for this tourney and I think they have to be the favourites going in:

ARQUEROS: Roberto Abbondanzieri, Juan Pablo Carrizo, Agustín Orión. DEFENSORES: Javier Zanetti, Roberto Ayala, Hugo Ibarra, Daniel Díaz, Gabriel Milito, Gabriel Heinze, Nicolás Burdisso.
    MEDIOCAMPISTAS: Luis González, Javier Mascherano, Fernando Gago, Esteban Cambiaso, Juan Sebastián Verón, Pablo Aimar, Juan Román Riquelme.
    DELANTEROS: Hernán Crespo, Lionel Messi, Diego Milito, Rodrigo Palacio y Carlos Tevez.
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=570656&s=gen&type=story