Who has the best and worst fans in the world?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by uber_coupon, Dec 1, 2004.

1. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    There is just a big difference between Ajax fans and f'noord fans. Ajax fans come to the stadium to see their team win and f'noord supporters come to the stadium to see f'noord play. Ajax supporters and people from Amsterdam aren't easily satisfied. When Ajax is not playing nice football, they aren't happy even if they win. F'noord has a better rep than the Ajax crowd, that's true. I think that the hardcore supporters from Ajax (F-side/Tifosi 410/ 415 Boyz) are as fanatic and loyal as the f'noord hardcore supporters. But the 'normal' supporters have a different way of thinking. IMO Utrecht has the best fans of Holland and Twente, Groningen, NAC, NEC and De Graafschap are also OK.

2. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    True to some extent... but mostly because Ajax is not expected to have a difficult time against small(er) Dutch teams. As soon as a match againts a bigger opponent is played it's a whole different scene.

Another reason might be the fact that the average Ajax team has little fighting spirit... this reflects on the fans who sometimes start wondering what the hell they're doing there while they could have been drinking a few pints (not the 2,5% crap you get at the footy) in the pub next door.

Combine that with all the crap their has been between the fanatic core of Ajax fans and the club... and you get a bit of a dull atmosphere.

Now, those 'typical' Ajax supporters in the arena are another story. They're just a bunch of stuffed up corpses.

BTW... don't we all come to the stadium to see our team win or at least work their asses of to do so? It's the latter that Ajax always lack and feyenoord don't. I think that might explain a lot.

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: worst fans

I remember when DeMarcus Beasley went to play there when PSV was doing their CHampions League qualifiers. WHat I heard was the fans there were EXTREMELY racist. Not bad for a first start for a young American in Serbia n Montenegro.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's interesting that Feyenoord seem to recruit that type of players, not necessarily players with genius skills but with tremendous fighting spirit like Kuijt. Whereas Ajax prefers the elegant footballer. Are you saying that's not necessarily the players Ajax fans would like to see in their squad? I thought that was very much the Ajax identity.

I haven't a clue what it's like to support a club that always wins, it must be strange in a way. I reckon frequent disappointments and misery perhaps create a stronger bond between supporters than constant success.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Agreed. The absolute worst in Holland are Heerenveen and Fietstas in my opinion. The Abe lenstra stadium is quieter than my gran's house (apart from on European cup nights anyway)

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

small note: AJAX also fought to sign kuijt, it was down to the two of them

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I can only speak for myself... of course I like elegant players. But without fighting spirit... what good will it do? Remember, Edgar Davids was extremely popular... Even Jan Wouters became pretty popular in his time. I think among most of the hardcore the lack of fightig spirit is the most annoying.

About winning... I agree that always winning does create a less strong bond. Although it changes when the competition gets tougher. After 1996... it got boring, and I mean that.

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't believe I've ever hated a feyenoord player as much as Dirk Kuijt. I hope he suffers an open leg fracture.

That would make my weekend :D

9. Joe Emmett

Joe Emmett New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    TURKSTURKS :mad: :mad: :mad !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Football Expert

Dec 31, 2004
    west indies
    The worst Football fans must be the spaniards there recent behaviour just isn't right.

The Best football fans must be the english. they always seem so upbeat, for a country that wont when an international honour anytime soon.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Best fans>>Once caldas
    Worst fans>> Real Madrid

12. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also have to give props to the Scots. Everytime I have come accross their fans (including in France '98), they come accross as folks who just want to enjoy the game, have fun, and sing drunken good natured songs to attractive women, all teh while buying me beers.