Who has the best and worst fans in the world?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by uber_coupon, Dec 1, 2004.

1. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    For the national competition, has to be English fans that are the worst - no contest.

The worst fans at club level is perhaps Millwall (England), Aberdeen (Scotland), Feyenoord (Netherlands). Roma (Italy).

As for the best i have no idea who they may be, although i would tout the Tartan Army as the best international fans, because win, lose (more often than not) or draw, they will always be partying.

If there are any others that i may have missed feel free to add your views and comments.

2. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    There are plenty of reasons to dislike and slag off England fans but I don't know if I'd call them the worst. You had to be impressed by the numbers they took to Portugal.
    Why Aberdeen.

.[/QUOTE]

3. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    [/QUOTE]

surely you're being facetious??????

Obviously my hatred for Aberdeen fans is Gers-centric. But my pals that do not support Rangers assure me that Hibs fans are the worst in Scotland. Cant possibly comment on that as i've never had any run-ins with the "Wee Tims".

I'm sure with you coming from Lothian, you'll be able to shed light on these claims.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    worst fans

Red Star Belgrade

I don't think many Millwall fans have participated in ethnic cleansing.

5. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    The best fans are the few that turn up each week to watch East Stirling. 25 straight defeats last season and yet still people turned up at the games.

6. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    No, I knew you wouldn't like Aberdeen. I don't like Raith Rovers but I would't class them as the worst fans in the world. I thought there might have been something more to it.
    Never been to Easter Road myself, but older East Fife fans who have been there have said that it was one of the few places with a genuinely bad atmosphere, a lot of people left early so's not to run into any of the 'scummy's Hibs fans. I do have to admit that, since I've been in Edinburgh, Hibs fans are unexpectedly scummy.

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Simple, any Turkish Nat fans as a whole. Some of their club fans are not much better.

Also any second tier European country that used to be in the iron curtain that has been established or re-established within the last 15 years. You know, the ones playing in the all concrete bleacher stadiums with 40 ft. fencing surrounding the track/field and hold about 20k of some of the nastiest/racist s.o.b.'s on the planet.

8. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    You have to respect the guys that do that. In saying that, they're just loyal fans, if East Fife were in that situation, I would still support them and I'm sure every club has such fans.

9. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Exactly - you can't say any one club has the best fans, some just have more than others.

10. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Ok, I am replying to my own post

The good fans:

For pure numbers - England
    For fun - Ireland ( I heard they like to consume a couple of beverages prior to the game)
    For their politeness by not purchasing their tickets so the visiting team's fans can take over their Stadium even when they are at home - U.S. of A.

11. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    you have left out the fact that Scots fans turn out in their droves (esp away) and are impeccably behaved. This has won them countless awards from bodies such as UEFA and FIFA.

None of the other fans that you have mentioned have this acclaim accredited to them

12. kingjackdaniel

Jul 16, 2004
    Dyer, IN
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What constitutes being a bad fan? Bad in the sense of violence or disrespect toward other fans?

To me, the term bad fan is a contradiction. Hooligan may be the word your looking for.

13. MOGG

MOGG New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Ireland
    Being Irish i'd have to agree that we just go for the craic, although we're startin to take it a bit more seriousaly now that we're not as crap as we used to be....

I don't think it's fair calling the English the best because of the number of fans... The Irish fans follow their team through thick and thin and i have never seen a free seat in Landsdown Road... Last year tickets for 3 friendly matches went on sale and sold out in 15 minutes.......

14. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    America has the worst fans - they invaded Iraq.

Iran has the best fans - they come from Iran.

And women should not be able to drive or show their hair, okay.

Ayatollah Revelian

15. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Best fans

England away, Celtic (80,000 in Seville) , Man City, Leeds United, Japanese teams.

Worst

Cardiff City, Wolves, Tottenham, Millwall.

16. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with Japan, Cardiff and Millwall.

Revelian

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best fans...Borussia Dortmund, with out a doubt. They have 83,000 fans at the Westfalen stadium everyweek

Worst fans - Turkey

18. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    best fans- italy
    worst fans- korea they dont understand.

19. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go with the Scots as the best.

The worst, I'll let you all decide. ;)

20. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about Holland, they seem to travel in huge numbers, and their fans look to be having a great time no matter what.

21. burn357

burn357 New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    the mothership
    italian fans never travel to see ther side play. if you watched the euros last summer you would have seen that hardly any made the trip. In fact, even when their national team play at home, the match isnt always sold out.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best fans - Borussia Dortmund-always a full stadium no matter the weather, the importance of the match...it is always 80,000 people in there.

Worst fans - Lazio fans - known as Nazio, in some circles for their racest remarks.
    Roma and Valencia for their missle throwing in this last CL.
    Millwall fans are also pretty violent.

23. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Cardiff are worse than Millwall, they still have fences and no-mans land over there, and loads of boys. Definately a throwback to the 80's. Stuck in a time warp them sheep molesting ones.

24. Simosa

Simosa New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    London
    I have to agree. Cardiff had just beaten QPR in the last minute of the playoff final, and they still had hundreds of neanderthals on the 'lookout' after the match. It wasn't just Rangers fans they were after, anyone English was fair game to them. I hate to imagine what it would have been like if they had lost the game.

I've been to a few games against Millwall over the years, and while they have their fare share of idiots they were nowhere near as bad as Cardiff.

25. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

I'm surprised you don't appreciate that sort of stuff. You are always going on about how you wish football was like it was back in the day.

City can be dreadful, there is a genuine probelm at Ninian. Hopefully the new stadium will diffuse some of the trouble that happens.