Who else is getting turned OFF by the overt politicizing from this USWNT??

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by WorldCupfanUSA, Jul 13, 2019.

1. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    #1 WorldCupfanUSA, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Does the USWNT realize they're turning OFF more than half the states in America with their NAUSEATING liberal pandering and ANTI Trump bias?? Let's not forget that Rapinoe started all of this by attacking the President!

After the WC was finished one of the USWNT members said they'd all make a decision together about going to the White house IF asked which was code for saying "we're NOT going". I don't recall who said that but it wasn't Rapinoe or Ali Wagner so it's clear they all share the same contempt for this President which has an immediate backlash because sports are NOT supposed to be political!

I started watching women's soccer with Brandi Chastain and company in 1999 when there was NO politics involved! But I'm no longer a fan of the USWNT and I found past World Cups more exciting anyway. Although there were good games I didn't find this as exciting as some previous World Cups.

P.S. It's clear President Trump will NOT be inviting them after this revolting behavior!

Cannons, artielange84 and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So you came into a forum like this simply to troll and see if you could get an angry response from people here and so start an argument based n your agenda.

Well I hope this response is all you get:
    [​IMG]

lunatica, appwrangler, BigJbaz and 10 others repped this.
  3. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    It's NOT trolling. They talked about this politicization of soccer on Fox Sports and ESPN. You consider them trolls?? LOL

4. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as much as getting turned OFF by the overt politicizing threads NOT starting on the Politics Board.

5. Kevin625

Kevin625 Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #5 Kevin625, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    So...

• Trump said he was going to invite them if they won;
    • They said they wouldn't go if they won;
    • THEY WON;
    • Now Trump isn't inviting them because they've already said they won't go.

I'm sure they're really upset Trump won't invite them, even though he already did...

"We haven't yet invited Megan or the team, but I am now inviting the TEAM, win or lose."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Trump bothered by revolting behavior?!?!?! Talk about irony!

6. Bob Lamm

Bob Lamm Member

Mar 7, 2016
    New York City
    DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

7. Kevin625

Kevin625 Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Does laughing hysterically at the troll count as feeding?

8. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    You act as if it's illegal to change your mind. Remember it was Rapinoe who began this feud by attacking the President. Anyone in their right mind would've rescinded the invitation after the players totally disrespected the President. Even Democrats have said you respect the office of the Presidency even if you don't agree with the President on policy.

I'm in middle America and there is definitely a backlash against this type of behavior by the USWNT. This type of attitude displayed by the USWNT has been echoed over the years by many others across the nation & it's partly what led to Trump's election!

9. WorldCupfanUSA

None
    United States
    Jun 23, 2018
    LMAO! A troll to you is anyone who simply has a different viewpoint than you do!

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10 hotjam2, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I would disagree here a bit; we're a multi sports society. The USWNT usually gets it's 15 minutes of fame every 4 year cycle(this has been happening since 1999 WC), then interests falls way off to a point where it becomes where the team is somewhat of a minor interest

.They didn't push politics back then, but if I recall the 2011 WC squad made it to the finals(lost on pk), won a nailbitter with Brazil, coming back 0-1 despite being one player downn(which was way more memoriable than any game played at this WC). But despite that, the only womens pro league we had folded months later/

if you leave out the flavor of the month type fans, longevity USWNT supporters are usually down to 3 types'

1) girls, mainly girls that play soccer will make make a large portion of the fans

2) parents, this could be sub category's in here, but they either got daughters playing soccer ,or were soccer players themselves/or coaches of their daughters.Could even list grandfathers/mothers. who tend to like the women's slower paced game as compared to men's which can often look theses days like a basketball game

3) LGBTQ community(more on the female gender side) don't know the exact percentage of fans they make, But their probably the strongest/most ardent fans of the USWNT, following the players with an amlost groupie like feel for them. Their buying power(as they usually don't get clamped down with kids) also keep the current pro league, NWSL, afloat

Its that 3rd category that Rapnioe feels obvioulsy most attached too & got to say(from readking various websites of the world) it's been almost no usual anti US back lash this time around.......cuz their gay communities too, are the biggest supporters of womens soccer( hence, Rapinoe did make a big splash with them)

11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm in the middle ground.

I like Morgan and Rapinoe and everyone in the team and feel so happy when they won. I don't really disagree with their political ideas, I just don't think some of them should bring it(other than equal pay which is related) to the field because it's not the place for it.

12. thegamesthatrate

Jan 9, 2007
    If you look in the stands or at demographic analyses of TV viewership (or the demographics of these boards) you will see that the largest group of fans of the USWNT is men 18 - 49. They will accept women who play team sports as worthy of following if they are good enough to deserve to be followed. And the FAN gets to make that decision, in that fan's absolute and sole discretion.

The difference between the '99 team and this team is that the '99 team, by the way they carried themselves, understood that difference.

Hell, Abby Wambach understood that difference more than Rapinoe does.

13. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Someday, when their careers are over, they may feel bad that they screwed up a chance to visit to the White House to meet the President. The majority of people will never get that chance. All I ever hear from the team comes comes from Rapinoe's mouth and we all know what she thinks. Did somebody elect her as spokesperson for the whole team or something? I have to wonder where Ellis is on this? How many on the team think the same way??? Maybe US Soccer needs to change their rules a little more and get all the politics out of the whole thing? I enjoy watching them play but could care less about their political views. If I was on a team and won something and was invited to the White Hours, I would have been happy to go. Even if it was Obama inviting. While I agree with nothing he did, he is still the president and deserves respect. I hope Rapinoe has saved a lot of money because I dont think anybody would hire her for anything after this show.

I liked that hockey coach's speech to his team on this topic that was all over the news. Players are there to play.... not make insulting comments about the President or any other kind of political statement. I wish US Soccer would take an even harder line on this too. It is hurting the team and I agree with the author of the thread.... Middle America does not get off on this cram

14. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess the team will go to the White House at some time like they did it 4 years ago, just some players might not be there.

Not sure why Becky Sauerbrunn is no longer co captain, her voice is usually more rational.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #15 hotjam2, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I know that Alex Morgan & Ali Krieger said as well they will not visit the White House either. Alex, the all American girl is straight, Ali is engaged to Ashlyn Harris. Christen Press & Tobin Heath are supposedly an item too. Probably aobut a third of the squad(or possibly more) are gay.

The one player that expressed her religous views againt same sex marriage, was Jaenine Hinkle(NC Courage). She originally made the squad for last year's Tournament of Nations, only to be cut at the last moment. There was a lot of speculation whether she wasn't good enough or if she was forced out for being a conservative

PS Jill Ellis is gay too

16. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. threemileallan

Jun 17, 2006
    I could give 5 of my mushiest shits about whether people are offended about the USWNT politics. I have a small hunch, just a small one, that those who are turned off by the uswnt politics dont give any consideration to others in their politics or their personal life.

Kevin625 repped this.
  18. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll be surprised if the White House invites the team; and, if they are invited, I'll be surprised if any of them go.

lil_one, BostonRed and blissett repped this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Trump will invite them at least to make the gesture.

20. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    The OP has all the right to start this topic.
    Not a troll at all.
    America is a ‘free’ country and all viewpoints are welcome.

Including his.

Now, Anything the USWNT does to piss off the idiotic and reprehensible Trumpster assholes ruining our country the better.
    I’m all for them... they are on the side of freedom.

McSkillz and blissett repped this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't agree with many of Trump's politics as well.

However, he is still the legal voted President. There is some situation which you need to put away the difference and unify as a nation. I think the USWNT would be better to attend WH if they are invited. It doesn't mean you agree with Trump's idea, just accept your president's offer to show your honor to the WH ppl.

22. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    No actual human American person utters the phrase "I am in middle America" when referring to their location either physically or socioeconomically.

This thread deserves to die screaming.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  24. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yep....

And this is the problem with America. People get so caught up with having to tell the world their opinions and points of view, they’ve forgotten the concept of being respectful. You aren’t going to like everything that’s said to you, but if someone is superior to you, you understand that. And you act accordingly.

That’s the problem with youth...they all think they can talk back and act unruly, and have zero respect for authority.

And don’t get me wrong...leadership sets the tone. If we have a president who’s respectful, it all trickles down. But we don’t, so we have people thinking it’s okay to act like fools. It’s all intertwined...and sad.

25. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    the USWNT is the best sports team to ever exist.

Bob Lamm repped this.