Who do you want as the next NT manager?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deand21594, Jun 24, 2014.

?

Who do you want?

1. Spalletti

27.4%
  2. Allegri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mancini

8.1%
  4. Zaccheroni

1.6%
  5. Montella

3.2%
  6. Conte

19.4%
  7. Other

40.3%
  1. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I'm just like you in that respect. I don't even have a favorite club team. My favorite team is La Nazionale.

jerrito and ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  2. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cant wait til i hear his excuses of why tied teams like malta or not being able to qualify by failing to keep a draw. lol

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is Conte the first southern Italian manager of italy ?

4. blublood

blublood New Member

May 9, 2014
    everywhere
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    in Canada we have been watching WC and EC on TV since 1982 world cup at home,. :) CANADA TOP 5 NATION IN THE WORLD TO LIVE.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah we have in the USA also but not the WC & EC qualifying matches. They rarely show those games.
    Fulvio Barnardini 1974-1977 was from Rome.

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bah the Romans dont count

7. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Less than 2 months ago, most of us in this forum said no ways Conte would be NT manager, so never say never… welcome Conte!

8. Toro89

Toro89 Member+

Jul 6, 2014
    Southern Italy
    Club:
    Torino FC
    He is the first son of a bitch.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what he claimed, but everyone knew it was an excuse to move elsewhere.

10. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's what Nedved (the management) said. Quit trolling! :p

jerrito repped this.
  11. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hai ragione, Vecchia Signora! Dante, smettila di trollare please! ;)

OldLady repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I can understand the sentiment, but why let it affect my feelings for country. Their jealousy stems that their clubs are inferior to Juve. Why should we be brought down to their level?

13. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    gumbacicc and jerrito repped this.
  14. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great hiring here. Conte is a winner, a hard worker, and has vision. Most of all, he's respected and knows what he's doing.

A lot of Juve fans upset about this move (I have a special place in my heart for Juve) but they used to praise the man when he led them to titles.

He was my favorite since day 1. Ancelotti is the only name who can compete with him. So very glad with this move...

I'd guess Pirlo and Buffon stay on for two more years....I'm ok with this. Our midfield should be: Pirlo, DeRossi, Marchisio, Verratti and Jorginho moving forward...pick two or three out of those five to start, put two wingers on either side, a central forward or two, and roll with four defenders and we're good. Hopefully, Conte restores some order. .

15. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No more Pirlo please.
    Time for the kiddies to learn how to go to sleep with the night light off.

jerrito and el napulitan repped this.
  16. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Great hire. I'm elated. Eccezionale! Italia plays best with a hard head as CT. We have to tighten up our D and become tactically smarter. All this schoolgirl infighting from this summer...it will be crushed. Conte was never the most talented player but he bled for us. He will do everything possible to hoist trophies.

All the Italians pissing and whining...go cheer for France if you don't like it. Otherwise have some respect for la maglia azzurra and your patria.

17. blublood

blublood New Member

May 9, 2014
    everywhere
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the last Juve coach to coach the NT, won the world cup :)

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why would we automatically dismiss Pirlo when he is still the best MF we have, and was one of the only players who actually did well for us at the WC?

Stamos and ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  19. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    so many are quick to dismiss him due to age. i can understand wanting to get the younger players players more involved. what if those younger players just aren't ready though? what if the best available is still the old guy? i say give the job to the best guy available, regardless of age. if pirlo can outplay the young guns throughout the euro qualifiers, then he's earned the job.

gumbacicc and Stamos repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I suggested in the threads Prandelli would be gone if Italy got eliminated, someone actually posted in response to my post saying he would remain CT no matter what......

How things change......

AlbertoAlbino and Stamos repped this.
  21. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    there was no way he was going to survive a group stage exit. the day an italian coach is retained after total failure at the world cup is the day that italy becomes a 2nd tier football power.

22. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do not believe that @totti fan is saying that Pirlo is too old, but that it is time to change generations and begin to change the style of play in which everyone is waiting for Pirlo to make the perfect pass. As long as Pirlo is in the squad, that is what we are likely to see. It is time for some of the others to mature and become our next group of starting eleven. I absolutely love Andrea Pirlo, but this is the perfect time to move on. I have no problem with him continuing to play, but I see Totti Fan's point about it being something that can hurt us over time.

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So who would you guys like to see play in September? I go back and forth with Pirlo. I'm not keen on him still being around for the Euro's in two years, but maybe he can get us some points in these early qualifiers in September. Maybe a slower phaseout is best. Either way, I think we need to move on soon enough.

So many questions….

I wonder if Conte will employ a 3 5 2 or a 4 3 2 1? Obviously the latter makes more sense in the future with all the wingers we have coming up, but the former is what he's comfortable with. Does Barzagli still make the team (I think he should be cut at this point)? Should we employ Bonucci in a back four until a youngster can be slotted in instead? Does Balotelli make the team and given one more chance? Does Berardi get promoted to the senior side? Will Conte's seemingly cool indifference to Immobile leave him out? I could go on and on….

Stamos and jerrito repped this.
  24. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Conte should (and will) employ a 4-3-3 (wide) and a 4-2-4 (wide) - both are similar formations that allow us to play a wider game, with emphasis on our wingers and less reliance on short, lateral passes. Both formations require one lone substitution to switch over to the other (an attacker for a central mid, and vice versa), and both allow Pirlo, De Rossi and Verratti to excel in deep lying roles with a duty to play out wide or to one of our strikers centrally.

If I was Conte, I'd drop Balotelli for now. Tensions are high internally within the camp and a lot of it has to do with Mario. I'm not saying to phase him or drop him completely from the squad, but I'd like to see some new faces.

My 23 for the September matches:

Buffon, Sirigu, Scuffet
    Donati, Darmian, Chiellini, Rugani, Barzagli, Camporese, Santon, Antonelli
    Pirlo, Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio, Jorginho (if Jorginho is still not eligible, then Baselli)
    Insinge, Florenzi, Gabbiadini, Bernadeschi
    Berardi, Rossi, Immobile

jerrito repped this.
  25. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he never said that, he said

"Time for the kiddies to learn how to go to sleep with the night light off"

its pretty clear what he is saying and it is something i have been saying for the last 4 years, we must learn to play without pirlo, when one guy is injured or suspended another guy should be alboe to slot in without the rest of the team even missing a beat, when pirlo is our our boys have a complete meltdown, time to move the fcuk on

totti fan and jerrito repped this.