**** Who deserves to stay?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by St. Michael's Sword, Jun 24, 2014.

?

Who should get another chance?

1. Immobile

64.9%
  2. Sirigu

94.6%
  3. Perin

62.2%
  4. Abate

10.8%
  5. Barzagli

45.9%
  6. Bonucci

48.6%
  7. Chiellini

67.6%
  8. De Sciglio

83.8%
  9. Darmian

86.5%
  10. Cerci

48.6%
  11. Aquilani

2.7%
  12. Candreva

70.3%
  13. De Rossi

86.5%
  14. Marchisio

67.6%
  15. Motta

2.7%
  16. Parolo

24.3%
  17. Insigne

67.6%
  18. Verratti

97.3%
  19. Balotelli

45.9%
  20. Cassano

8.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Goalies:

Buffon - Yes, something tells me hes not done with la nazionale yet
    Sirigu - Yes, we have a backup better than a lot of starters elsewhere in the world
    Perin - maybe? he'll be pushed out by Scuffet eventually

Defenders:

Abate - no, he almost even makes me miss Maggio a little bit
    Barzagli - yes, at least for the Euro, hes our most consistent CB
    Bonucci - yes, he has his moments but ideal coming off the bench for next few tournaments
    Chiellini - yes, tons of experience at 29 years old, has prob another Euro and WC to go
    De Sciglio - yes, young and promising
    Darmian - yes, see above
    Paletta - i hope not, did not have the best last month despite a strong year at Parma

Midfielders:

Thiago Motta - NO NO NO! he's as useless as a cavallo when you are counting the primiera in scopa!
    Marco Verratti - YES! seems to have a midfield spot locked up for years to come
    Marco Parolo- maybe for the euro? but i cant see him holding down a spot at next world cup at 33 years old
    Alberto Aquilani - NO!
    Antonio Candreva - Yes
    Claudio Marchisio - Yes
    Daniele De Rossi - YES,
    Andrea Pirlo - No, retiring, LEGEND

Forwards:
    Alessio Cerci - Yes, id love to see what he can do with Immobile on an international level
    Ciro Immobile - Yes - with Mario's recent antics, maybe our offense going forward is built around Ciro
    Lorenzo Insigne - Maybe, has to prove hes not Sebastian Giovinco 2.0 and get lost in the transition between U-21 star and Nazionale performer
    Antonio Cassano - NO!
    Mario Balotelli - Yes, the more news that comes out about his antics in Brazil the more anger i feel towards him, but the fact is that he has special talent and hopefully the new coach can get the best out of him? i know it seems unlikely but he should be given another shot as he is a game changer

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  2. Nardella

Nardella New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only thing about what you are saying is that you still want to keep 16 players and that to me will achieve nothing except more of the same results.

3. Nardella

Nardella New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so spot on -Inzaghi in my opinion was that last great poacher we had - the guy could score with the smallest of half chances and didnt pretend that he was a great header of the ball, he used his pace and timing to break the offside trap, he was all about positioning and running through to latch onto a clean ball, something I thing Immobile and Cerci should buy a greatest hits dvd and watch on replay over and over to get a few pointers.

4. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe not quite all 16.. but i dont think we need as drastic of an overhaul...
    besides the thread asked "who should get another chance"

and aside from Aquilani, Thiago Motta, Cassano, Abate, i believe every one of those players deserves a "chance". In the same breath.. theres going to be new blood that gets the same chance.

jerrito repped this.
  5. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agree the most except the balotelli bit. i feel sympathy after reading the news about him, but i don't wanna see him in jersey at least half of the season. the azzuri camp (like de rossi and buffon had voice out) is now full of anger and disappointment to him...

6. Nardella

Nardella New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiellini needs to stop the soap opera antics - totally agree - after 10 seconds give it up, just makes our game look bad

7. Nardella

Nardella New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was ok but I guess after being a huge Cassano fan for so many years and having a dream in my head that he was so talented and needed more world wide credit and that he was or could be possibly messi like without all the plaudits and I wanted him to take over and show us that huge amount of talent that we all talk about and all I got was a few passes and thats about it.

8. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    cassano did some nice passes all the time and i really like him, but i don't think he should be called up anymore

9. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yea i totally agree.. leaving him out would do good for both us and him.

its just like in 2012 euros.. he didnt do much vs spain.. and he wasted that chance where he was 1 on 1 with casillas and he got caught from behind by the spanish defender..then prandelli took him out for Di Natale..

then Balo was benched and then came on i believe as a sub? cant remember 100% against Ireland and scored (when Bonucci had to cover his mouth cause he was swearing at Cesare)

so moral of the story... it seems Balo is more motivated when he gets a reality check

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  10. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Manolo Gabbiadini is an intriguing young player.

11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He didn't really get much of a chance. Didn't start a single match.
    When he came on against CR Balotelli had stopped running and when he came on against Uruguay he didn't even have a number 9 to work with.
    Italy never makes the final in 2012 without Cassano.

12. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cassano 'not normal in the head'
    By Football Italia staff

The director of Italy’s World Cup camp revealed Mario Balotelli was detached and Antonio Cassano “out of control.”

Sport Mediaset interviewed the director of the Portobello Safari Resort inMangaratiba, where the Azzurri were based for the three weeks of their World Cup campaign.

“Everyone in the staff agreed there was a lack of World Cup spirit. Maybe it would’ve been different without the families, as they could’ve been in a different hotel,” explained the proprietor.

“I saw Balotelli and Cassano detached from the rest of the squad. It was obvious. Buffon, Pirlo and De Rossi were very likeable and nice with us.Buffon was the nicest.

“There was all the calm in the world here, but without that unity you aren’t going to win a World Cup.”

He also made extraordinary claims about Cassano’s famous short fuse.

“Cassano was out of control. The cleaning lady went up there to clean the room, which is necessary, and he shouted in her face. He’s not normal in the head.”

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    when did De Rossi call him out?

I don't see this being anywhere near his end with the NT. He'll score goals. Maybe more than Immobile or Rossi and will continue to start and so on.

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I seriously can't handle any talk about Cassano any longer. My stomach hurts now.

jerrito and ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  15. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So after 34 votes there are 11 players more than 50% of us agree deserve a second chance.

Immobile, Sirigu, Perin, Chiellini, De Sciglio, Darmian, Candreva, De Rossi, Marchisio, Insigne, Verratti

Less than 15% of us want Motta, Cassano, Abate or Aquilani back.

16. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree with everything except for Balotelli and Pirlo. Balotelli's an idiot, but he's a talented idiot. If I was coach I'd tell him that this is his last chance with the NT. I think he'll eventually settle down. People forget that he's only 23. A lot of people don't grow up until late. Heck some people just don't grow up at all! For example, look at Cassano. Guy is a loser and always will be a loser.

I'd keep Pirlo as a mentor for Verratti. Pirlo doesn't have to start anymore. He'd actually be a perfect late game sub. Verratti has a lot of potential, but lacks experience. Who better to teach him than a humble guy like Pirlo?

I don't care if De Rossi comes back. If he does then great, if he doesn't no biggie. He's no longer at a point where if the team loses him it would hurt badly. I think Marchisio should definitely stay. He's a workhorse.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we still need lots of help even with the ones I deleted. Hopefully, another Toto Schillaci one hit wonder may come out for tournament duty.

18. GBTQ2

GBTQ2 New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    #43 GBTQ2, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Is Pirlo really leaving? Why so? Seem like he still can play in the upcoming EC'16, any of the youth players have the tallent to replace him?
    His age is a factor, but there other teams who have players even older age than him.

Balotelli 2 goals against the Germany in the semi-final of EC'12 was impressive, but if he stay, the coach need to work on this boy attitude. He is a great footballer, but I find it hard to like him as a person due to his attitude.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pirlo before the WC said he would retire , then after their 1st round exit, reneged I believe....