Who could/should we pick up?

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by VioletCrown, Jul 29, 2008.

1. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are all listed at #69 because the net worth of all of these folks is 30mil. Tied for 69th, sounds interesting doesn't it.;) He is almost as loaded as Wayne Rooney #67. So I guess we can't afford Rooney. So who should we pick up?

2. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not to sound race oriented or anything but we need to pick up some more latin origin players.

The Latin style of "touch and go" is very fast paced and offensively minded and calls for lots of combinations of passes,of various lengths, and if I'm not mistaken it also puts a lot of emphasis on moving with the ball and holding it ,consistently, till an opening pressents itself for a nice through ball or a killer cross.
    Inchy likes this kind of play if I am not mistaken and we certainly need more possesion control.

Plus we need more Latin players to increase our appeal to the latin hinchas en the ATX, cus we can allways use more of them. :D;)

3. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jean Alexandre...

...missed tonight's friendly, but this guy scores. Wish him well in the UK, but I for one hope he's back in the Aztex stripes next season.

4. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't make it to the Rayados match last night, either; did Watson play? Did anyone happen to hear anything about him signing on with Austin now, or going on the England trip?

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamie did come on as a sub at half time, and played very well. His typical style of a being a real bulldog, running down balls and giving the Monterrey backline fits. A couple of very good chances to put it in the back of the net. I'm assuming that he will be going to the UK with the squad. In fact, I'd imagine the squad we saw last night will all go overseas.

As far as knowing if we'll sign him, nothing last night. Phil Rawlins was on his way to England, then Senegal (scouting trip).

6. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the RSL blogs noted that Alexandre was making the trip to the UK with the team.

7. Madmartigen

Madmartigen Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Elgin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on that list, Phil is worth more than John Terry, so how 'bout it? Think we can succeed where Man City failed and lure JT to Austin, TX?

But wait, this list is in pounds, right? Doesn't that convert to roughly $1 billion USD? ;) Phil could buy the Red Bulls and move them over...

Too bad I have seen it written that Phil is a "shrewd buisnessman" so I doubt he would risk it on the Red Bulls. :D

8. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that is pounds but I don't know where to find that symbol on my keyboard, ha ha. I think the FO would like your math, but the conversion is closer to $48mil (USD).

9. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wwwow. Again I voice my opinion that we need all the overseas connections we can get.:rolleyes:;)

10. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. I think I like the idea of finding diamonds and Phil doling out his money over the next 30 or more years.

11. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity. How likely, unlikely, do you lads think it is that Phil and co. will try to sign Jean,Alexandre, to a contract?

He only got better as the season progressed, he's not afraid to take his shots when they come, alla Tintin, and he's big, powerfull, and experienced. IMHO he's the first real Midfield general type, especially once he settles in, to come are way.

12. FrogHammer

FrogHammer Member

May 26, 2005
    That's not going to happen. Since he did so well for us he will be going back to RSL to play in the MLS.

13. willyaddy

willyaddy New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Austin
    Okay a lot gets tossed around about who the Aztex should pluck up here and there. Let me just say this. Clearly our pipeline comes from either former Lonestars or friends of Lonestars at the U23 level but I spent a little time at this school in the panhandle and they are, along with Midwestern State in Witchita and Incarnate Word in San Antonio the best players around. I mention West Texas because their coach recruits players who might possibly play a brand that Adrian might like. Typically 3-5-2. Davy Arnaud is an alum.

http://www.gobuffsgo.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/wtam-m-soccer-mtt.html#coaches

Look at their roster and next time they play SEU or Incarnate Word check them out. I think they might have guys we want.

14. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trinity > Incarnate Word

15. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if we will sign any players directly out of college this year? Last year we a bunch of guys out of school on the roster, and I think Adrian was really disapointed in how they held up over the season and by a lack of professionalism.

The 2010 Aztex looks to be made up of a few more USL vets and younger guys with some pro experience. Please correct me if I missed a NCAA kid we have signed this off-season. I don't pretend to know the whole squad at this point.

17. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Jay Needham is almost as good as Cristian Arrieta.

And that's PRETTY good.

19. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Aztex fans will love Jay. Very versatile player who can play either Center Mid or D-Mid.

Tremendous leadership qualities. He got Alta to the cusp of a promotion playoff to the Tippeligaen which was virtually unheard of for a club the size of Alta.

He was terrific going up against Tippeligaen teams in last year's Norwegian Cup. They almost upset Molde who finished second in the Tippe and whose best player Mame Biram Diouf is now with Man Utd.

Can't say enough good things about Jay both on and off the field.

20. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome!! Welcome Aboard, Jay Needham!! :cool:
    Great to have another Texan signing up!

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the current list from the website.

1 GK Miguel Gallardo
    5 DF Kieron Bernard
    7 MF Sullivan Silva
    8 MF Eddie Johnson
    10 MF Yordany Alvarez
    13 MF Lawrence Olum
    16 MF Michael Callahan
    28 DF Kevin Sakuda
    33 DF Jay Needham

What was the source on Watson's signing with the Aztex?

23. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me thinks that if they field this team, I will be happy :)

24. TexasBarcaFan

TexasBarcaFan Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Jamie said on his Facebook page yesterday that he'll be back with Austin this year.

25. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But what about the absence of Salif Diao on that roster? And we know for sure that he signed???