Who are your top 5 favorites to win Euro 2016, and why?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    All that needs to be said is

[​IMG]

Europa = ACABOU

artielange84 repped this.
  2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler was going to come off the bench. Not a huge key player for Germany...

3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger is also of debatable import IMO

4. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean he's the captain so he is important. He is also easily replaceable though with Gündogan. A big blow to Germany would be either Hummels or Boateng and possibly even Neuer.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do think Gundogan and Khedira are both better than Schweinsteiger for choices now, and yeah I know as well Draxler isn't a starting player yet, but still blows, because what if some key players get hurt, or even if they played enough and have to be replaced.

6. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If if if if if

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A Müller injury would also be a massive problem; we'd become pretty impotent in terms of goalscoring without him IMO.

8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    true

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah make sure he doesn't get injured. Muller is very important.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The good news is Müller's a tank that rarely gets injured. :D

11. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    France - Playing at home, immensely talented, arguably the most talented side since '98. The team is united.

Germany - Obvious.

Croatia - Dark horse team, supremely talented. One of the best midfields in Europe.

Belgium - Talented. More experienced. Losing in the world cup will do wonders for them. Probably the best attacking team in Europe.

Turkey - Probably the most overlooked team. Will win their group, I am almost certain. Not a fan of the current iteration of Spain, who will finish third behind Croatia.

12. janesill

janesill New Member

Apr 18, 2016
    My top 5 for the coming euro 2016 are:

England - England have an arsenal of young and talented individuals which I think can be a huge factor for them to win.

Germany - they are accomplished attackers and masters of control

Spain - They are eager to retain the title they won at Euro 2012

Belgium - They have world class players like Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, Kevin de Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku.

France - Like team England, France have vastly talented young squad at its disposal

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What about the Czech Republic? I think they are overlooked as well.

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hazard is not world class this season, but he could be better for Belgium. We don't know what Hazard is gonna be like in the Euros. You are right about Courtois, De Bruyne, and Lukaku though. Nainggolan is also a really good player.

15. Persona

Persona Member

Feb 24, 2014
    The Czechs are an interesting team, although they've begun to fade in the last nine months or so. I think if they were in Group A for instance, the joke group of the Euro's if you will, they would be a shoe-in for the knockout stage.

As it stands currently I can't see them finishing with more than one point against Turkey, Croatia and Spain. I don't think the experience, nor is the attack is there. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though as they were a joy to watch when Neved and Baros were dazzling Europe.

16. Lukous

Lukous Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Germany - massive, confident team, will at least reach the semis, and got plenty of big tournament experience

France - young, exciting squad, impressive offensive power and consistent midfield, home advantage, easy way to the semis

England - never do well when it counts but I have a good feeling this time around, great set of forwards, and will have a tremendous support coming from the stands

Spain - sure they will bounce back from 2014 wreckage, still lots of talent in every line, maybe less confidence but will make the semis in my opinion

Belgium - Hazard may not be in his prime this season, but he could shine this summer, and the team doesn't depend too much on him, great talent everywhere: strikers, creators, consistent goalkeeping and strong defence, if the collective spark is there, they have a shot at winning the trophy

17. coelho

coelho Member

May 12, 2016
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Top 5 would be

Germany- Obvious but they also to me don't seem to be as strong as in the past world Cup. Potential bust candidate for me actually. But with the experience of winning the world Cup and still a great squad, they are maybe the favorite. Mueller injury would be a devastating blow but he's an iron man so they should have a great attack.

Belgium- Great attacking lineup but the cohesiveness doesn't seem to be there for me. They kind of remind me of very talented recent Dutch teams. If they play together and put it all together they are a big threat but remind me of teams with huge talent that don't put it all together. Maybe too soon a tournament for them.

France- Being at home is a huge advantage. Tons of depth at seemingly every position. Benzene loss will hurt them but wouldn't be surprised if they cruise to the final.

Spain- Not as strong as 2010 to 2014 squad but still tons of talent and so much experience. Tough group though actually in my opinion. Great midfield and defense, probably right up their with Germany as the heavy favorites.

Portugal- Severly underrated but that's probably what they want. Stacked midfield full of young talent. Best midfielder in Portugal 23 year old Joao Mario similar to Deco, two top defensive mids in Danilo (23) and Carvalho (23,, a great box to box mid in Moutinho and Valencias best midfielder attacking mid 21 year old Andre Gomes soon to be of Juventus or Man United it appears. Add in Bayerns new 40 million transfer man in 18 year old phenom Renato Sanches and the midfield is like nothing I have ever seen for Portugal. Maybe a tournament too soon but will be a dominant force in the midfield for the next decade.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Muller injured?

19. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No

20. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    France
    Germany
    England
    Portugal
    Belgium

21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Germany
    France
    Italy
    Croatia
    Belgium

22. Portuguese Playboy

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    France - they are hosting it and got a good strong team all around
    Germany - reigning world Champs
    Portugal - CR7 best player in the world and good young players on the team but defense is shit
    Italy - never write Italy off
    England - have looked decent lately.

InsigneForBalonD'or and calabrese8 repped this.
  23. dinis

dinis New Member

May 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lithuania
    Italy, France, Germany, England, Spain

24. Backofthenetblog

Backofthenetblog New Member

May 28, 2016
    France to beat Spain in the final

25. Backofthenetblog

Backofthenetblog New Member

May 28, 2016
    hi all, i write a daily soccer blog called Backofthenetblog.com. Looking for fellow fans of the beautiful game who want to write pieces for the blog. Can write by league/country preference or across the board. Check out the blog and if interested send me an email. Thanks!