Whinealda marching to own drummer...

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by msilverstein47, Jan 8, 2014.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 TerminusFooty, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    The article calls it a "bizarre arrangement". I don't know if that's true when you think about it. He wants to coach or manage professionally. ASFC is the only team willing to give him a chance, but they can't match his current salary.

After discussing it, they decide he will "manage" European style (running only key practice sessions and focusing on tactics vs the opposition while assistants run fitness drills etc). This allows him to keep his current job and also lead the team.

Silverbacks Front Office does horrible job explaining this, talking about "managing from the Technical Director position" and throwing in spin like "this is a progressive new age approach" blah blah blah.

How will it work out? We'll have to wait and see...

Prosoccercdn repped this.
  3. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It may be "bizarre" in North America, but mostly I like the European style Manager setup tailored for Wynalda, hope it works out.

TerminusFooty repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lol, got to love the comment and reply.

TerminusFooty repped this.
  6. OpenCupFan

OpenCupFan Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Anyone know if Wynalda is at the World Cup?

7. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think so. I was watching Fox Sports 1 last night, and both he and Joe-Max Moore were in the studio.

8. San Diego Socker

Aug 3, 2014
    San Diego
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hard to imagine what is gonna Happen to Atlanta unless the NASL gets a tv contract Considering that MLS is coming to Atlanta via Arthur Blank. I'm more concerned for the Atlanta Silverbacks long term than the current coaching format and set up. I can realistically only see 4 north american cities having more than 1 team and being able to support those teams in that city and those cities are New York which has 3 technically but really 2(cosmos & NYCFC and technically the new york red bulls), Los Angeles which has 2, Chicago which has 1 and Toronto which has 1. Atlanta unfortunately is not one of them