While in the car...

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by VolklP19, Sep 28, 2016.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Thought I would start a new thread - funny stories of what happens in the car ride to and from games and practices.

Sometimes these moments are the most memorable. I've had quite a few as I am part of a large carpool of players old and young who are driving 50 minutes one way 2 - 3 times a week.

Yesterday - a recently divorced dad (who just started on the carpool) had three u11/u12 girls in his car - including my daughter. He does a good job - letting everyone know if they are running late, whether they have homework etc...

Last night my daughter said, "Dad - Mr XXXX had the strangest snack for us!"

I asked her what it was?

"Dad he just threw a plastic bag at us with slices of turkey, ham and pastrami!"

Apparently the girls were all confused - bread, cheese??? Where was the rest?

I got a good laugh - you could tell he's recently new to this but it's all appreciated!

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My son got car sick as a kid. We had a long drive to a game so I gave him a Dramamine.

Get there he was out could not get him up. He snapped out of it on the way home after the match. He thought we were still going to the field when he woke up.

------

I had a game in the Bronx. Next game was early in the morning a home game. Then I remember I left the player passes at the field when I got home. I tried to call the other coach he was not there. So I drive to the field with a flash light looking for them.

So I hung out at the field. I kept calling the coaches house. Finally I get him and he has the passes. I get home at 3:00 am. I get up at 6:00 am to get ready for the game that started 8:00.

3. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    This was on the field rather than in the car, but a friend's daughter's U9 team played in its first tournament last weekend. The daughter was in goal and jumped on the ground between a teammate and an attacker from the other team to grab the ball. As she did, the defender told the attacker (or maybe it was the other way around, either way), "I like your shoes!"
    In another couple of years they'll be trying to knock each other's teeth out, but for now ...

bigredfutbol repped this.
  4. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    That's awesome.