Review: Which Young Players Have The Most Potential

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Daniel96, Jan 8, 2012.

?

Who Is The Best Young Player With The Most Potential

1. Neymar

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Lucas Moura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ganso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Eden Hazard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gotze

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Coutinho

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Jack Wilshire

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Balotelli

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  9. Pastore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Thiago

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  11. (Other)

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No.

2. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Götze overrated and mentioning Neymar in the same line? Haha.

If there is any player in the world right now getting shitloads of fanboy hype it´s Neymar. Already calling him out better then Ronaldo and right behind Messi is just ridiculous regarding the fact that he still plays in the brazilian league (not saying it´s a bad league at all but far behind the top 4 in europe). What kind of player Neymar really is will finally show if he has the balls to go to Europe. Playing against the Top Teams regulary and playing Champions League. Then we´ll talk.

From the current state I´d rate Götze, Hazard and Wilshire over Neymar.

3. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Neymar staying in Santos has nothing to do with balls, just a personal choice, which none of has any right to criticize.

I dunno, but from watching the French league regularly I rate Belhanda or Aubemeyang over Hazard, who is overrated.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    First its no point to discuss this .. as only TIME will tell

However, just wonder on what basis that people rated Gotze Hazazrd or ... Wilshere (?) over Neymar?

In brief, up to now, and in term of PURE SKILLS:
    What Gotza (or Wilshere) can do with the ball, Neymar can do with an orange ....

5. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neymar should firstly prove that he can do the same with the ball as Götze, Reus, Hazard etc. do with as little space, time and against as much physical and tactical proven defenders as those previously mentioned have. Then we talk again.

Obsidian repped this.
  6. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balotelli! Only 21 and already top-notch. Has won a great deal for his age. Most entertaining player on the field very often, too.

Dage repped this.
  7. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Depends on how you see "PURE SKILLS". Neymar seems a lot like a spotmonkey to me till now. Not the best eye, no real game psychology and physically weak. The one thing is, that you basically can´t even compare Neymar to Götze, Hazard and Co. depending on their position. Neymar to me is a wide striker, whereare Götze and Hazard offensive mids.

jerrito repped this.
  8. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Neymar is a joke. Even Balotelli is like 7 times better than him. Ands Balotelli is not better than Huntelaar. Enough talk.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think Neymar's name was mentioned in this thread over 100 times before somebody finally brought up Balotelli. :rolleyes:

Balotelli gets my vote. I could see him developing into a player as good as C Ronaldo. Not saying it will definitely happen, but his potential is in that range. Needs to mature a lot but you could say the same about CR9 when he was 21.

Sempre repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ^ LMAO. Nice predictions. :D

11. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Big season coming up for Mario. He looks to have matured at Euro 2012 (no real incidents, and three goals) and he has Mancini's faith at City. If he can avoid bans and cards, and play 40-50 games this season between Champions League and BPL, he has a chance to make a big impact.

jerrito repped this.
  12. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Well pure skills are basics ball skills that any player should have: ball control, dribbling, passing, jump, run, tactical anticipation...

I maybe exagerated (with Platini's joke) to note that Neymar is a real talent in ball skills. Yes he needs to move to Europe big leagues to develop more and prove his worth.

However, at times, neither Gotze, nor Hazzard proved great against big teams and big players anyway. Gotze did well in ... well bundesliga ... Wilshere only played a few games in EPL and got injured til now! Whereas Hazard played in Ligue 1! Hence it's UNFAIR to say Gotze or Hazaard was "more" proven per se. They were nOT playing great in top 3leagues - NOT YET

13. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, depends on what you call a Top 3 League. People beg to differ, but the Bundesliga pretty much is Top 3 nowadays and surpassed Serie A (for now at least). And Götze pretty much rocked the Bundesliga before he got injured...;)

14. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    as for neymar he is above all of them so stop with the hating brasil are kings of football that's why they have more throphies than any country in the world... from U-15 to seniors, beach, indoors, any competition they have dominated easily.

[]__[]

15. mxpbolt959

mxpbolt959 Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I do find it interesting that at 21-22 years old, a player is overrated. Overhyped? Sure. I'd even go with unproven.
    To answer the question, I'd say Neymar has the highest ceiling of all, with the Balo second. Balo's more "proven" if you will, but you can't watch Neymar and not think he's got what it takes to be the best in the world. Right now, though, the comparisons to Messi and Cristiano are unwarranted at best, and almost blasphematory.

16. MindGames7

MindGames7 Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thiago Alcantara. He has so much maturity in his game at such a young age. He has the potential to become better than Xavi. I also rate Livermore and Caulker at Tottenham and Joe Allen at Liverpool very highly.

As for United players... stating the obvious really, Jones, Smalling, Evans (if he can be considered young), Welbeck, Cleverley, Tunnicliffe, Rafael... all top, top young players.

17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    mario balotelli. [​IMG]

18. BHF

BHF Member+

Jul 15, 2012
    Miralem Pjanic (Bosnia-Herzegovina//A.S. Roma)
    Semir Music
    Ervin Jusufovic
    Izet Hajrovic
    Haris Seferovic

19. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    In Brazil, we have a generation 91-92-93 with a lot of potential.
    Neymar, Lucas, Oscar, Wellington Nem, Bernard, Philippe Coutinho, Casemiro, Fred, Rafael Alcantara, Fernando, Dodo and others.

There are other talents of 94 (Adryan, Doria, Bruno Mendes, Marquinhos, Piazón) and are now emerging talent of 95 in 2013 (like Victor Andrade).

I'm curious as to how all these will be in 2018.

I know we have many talented...