Which top-flight league(s) will you watch this season?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who's bashig????:confused:

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Number 1: I am not a Eurosnob...I'm an American

Number 2: The problem did not occur because people bashed the MLS, the problem originated from the proper usage of "top flight league". It is a term used in refrence to Leagues at an international level, not locally. It is not used to label Serie A, Bundesliga Eins, Primera Liga or Primera Division, Premiere League or First Division from the second division leagues of such country. All I know is that its hard to get recognized as a "top flight league at world level if fans can't even comprehend the terminology of what it stands for not just in Europe but world wide, including the US.

Number 3: MLS is definetly not "top flight" at an international level anyway. I accept it..why don't you. Get over it.

3. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    Well Of Course I'll Be Watching Mls(even Though My Beloved Fire Are Very Very Disappointing This Season) Also Watching The Mexican Primera(hey If Mls Telecasts In Spanish Why Not Broadcast The Primera Games In English, I Bet Im Not The Only One Watching Who Doesn't Habla Espanol) Also Will Watch The Champions League Games On Espn.
    As For All The Mls Bashing I Know The League Isn't As Good As The Top European Leagues But Come On It's Eleven Years Old, They Have A Very Low Salary Cap And The Game Is Still Growing In This Country. I Firmly Believe This Because I Was One Of Those Who Used To Think Soccer(footie, Futbol, Calcio, Fussball) Sucked. But After Watching A Couple Of Times With Some Friends Who Explained The Game To Me I Am Now One Of The Billions And Billions Who Love The "beautiful Game".

4. 1337

1337 New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    England
    Premiership, La Liga and Serie A, same as every season. Though I will be watching Eurosports highlights of other leagues.

5. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will be watching primairly the premiership (bar the crap ones) and MLS (whatevers on)

I will watch select games of La Liga(Barca. Real Madrid, Valencia, Athletico, Villareal), Seria A(Top clubs) and the Bundesliga (Watch almost any game)

I would watch PSV, Ajax, Hearts (long suffering Hearts fan), Celtic, and Rangers if I could get my hands on Setanta

6. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I don´t remember insulting you. If you wanna dance with me, go to World Rivalries. I´ll happily tap all over you. :cool:

7. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    Semp, I'd take that offer if I were you, I here Wonka is one of the best dancers in the world...

8. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    I will be/am watching MLS and Mexican Primera. I wish the Primera would broadcast in English. I can follow the game without commentary but it would be easier to know players names, how the teams are doing, etc.
    Also will watch English Premier games/ UEFA Champions League on ESPN.

9. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is? Really? Based on who's definition? Where is it, in the FIFA dictionary?

I've never seen an official definition of "Top-Flight" although in the context of this poll it's use is completely justified.

10. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    What international tourney as any mls team able to compete in besides the champions cup? Which is played during mls preseason, and according to everyone who said dcunited's draw with real madrid was only because it was real's preseason, then it's not a fair representation of how good mls can be in international competitions.

11. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FUTBOL ARGENTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

12. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    you know whats funny? all of you eurosnobs call me a crybaby but i say one thing about how you're stupid to bash mls and then you repeat something i already said (yes i already said the euro leagues were better then mls) and then you pathetically try to insult the people that are actually helping the league grow, nice try though guys, nice try :)

basically if you live in europe you can't be really considered a eurosnob because the mls isn't your domestic league so whatever but if you're american and you refuse to support mls because all of the other leagues are superior you are a eurosnob

13. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This whole Eurosnob thing annoys me. I am a Brit living in the US and I do enjoy the MLS, but I do think that americans should be able to enjoy other leagues than MLS if they choose to. The US is home to the elite basketball league, elite hockey league, and elite baseball league.

The nature of the country is that people will not buy into an inferior product, it is the job of MLS to sell its self as a legitimate product. Obviously they have managed to sell someone people on this, and failed on others.

I don't consider MLS an inferior product and I am not waiting for it to become an elite league. I am happy with its current form, despite wanting and demanding growth in its quality.

I don't have a problem with people who prefer the euro leagues to the US. I only have a problem with people who completly write off the MLS in both its current form and future potential. These people I would classify as "part of the problem".

14. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    That I am.

15. edgarr

edgarr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 31, 2005
    MLS is not a major league is the most boring league

16. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    thats hardly what i'm talking about, if you don't want to like MLS fine but there's no point in saying it sucks when its only 11 years old, yea clever calling an 11 year old terrible, and i'm sure 11 years after the FA was formed soccer in England was amazing to watch :rolleyes:

see what i mean though?

17. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    mosey on over to my dance floor. I´ll show you how to Tango.

see what I mean though? :rolleyes:

18. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is a great perspective.

Love the team you love, and for god's sake, support your local team. Unless, they are Chivas.

Did you ever meet a guy in your high shool who preferred to cheer for a cross town rival team? What a tool he'd be. It's only natural that you support your local team, but who cares if he likes the Giants or the Cardinals or whoever beyond that? But no need to pretend your high school team is on the same level as the Giants...

MLS is what it is, but it's soccer. Why SHOULDN'T you like it? If you are a fan of the game, why wouldn't you support your local team, and watch it grow and gain in prestige over time?

19. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Because 10 YEARS later it is below Mediocracy.

I trully respect the MLS supporters, I really do. It´s hard to be an MLS supporter. Therefore my personal respect.

20. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    now you're backing out after mocking me...i bet you're not as good a dancer as Hammer ;)

21. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I´m better. My "Awe" for the MLS harcore, is genuine.

Beleive it.

22. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    i want proof, then i'll decide whether your better then hammer

23. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Sweetheart, just go over to World Rivalries, I´ll "Prove it" to you there.

K?

24. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed his/her point: Who fecking cares if its not the best league in the world? They are OUR teams, for the most part OUR players, in OUR country. When football was growing it was about supporting your neighborhood, city, region, or country. It wasnt about liking the best team.

I've seen Fulham face off against West Brom in a stadium that seats less than 25,000. That game and that atmosphere was 100x better than the Barcelona match I went to in a 98,000-seat stadium. Was the quality better? Not even close. The fans were local Cottagers representing their part of London, and they dont give a flying feck if their team would get spanked by Barcelona. But guarantee the w*nker who lives down the street but only watches Barcelona because he thinks Fulham is crap disgusts the people around him.

25. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    i've smack talked the hell out of Mani and The Alpha Male if that helps :rolleyes: