Which top-flight league(s) will you watch this season?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Aug 12, 2006.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Which top-flight league(s) will you watch this season?

2. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    You forgot a none option.

3. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be watching &/or following the same leagues as usual:

*Major League Soccer

*EPL

*Coca-Cola Championship

*German Bundesliga

*USL Div. 1

and any other league where Americans play in.

4. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Along with the MLS, as of the promotion of Wartford to the Premiership, I'll be watching them fight to avoid relegation.

Otherwise it'd just be MLS.

5. DSM1

DSM1 New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Anything and everything on FSC, GOL-TV, ESPN, Univision, Telefutura and Galavision.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, i am not trolling here, but I have to ask; MLS is a Top Flight league??? :rolleyes:

7. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I´ll be watching La Liga and the Argentine Apertura/Clausura.

By the way Sara...

Never, ever write "Top-Flight" and post an MLS option. You have a looooooong way to go before you reach that particular label.

8. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    By the way Sara...

Never, ever write "Top-Flight" and post an MLS option. You have a looooooong way to go before you reach that particular label.[/QUOTE]

Does top-flight not mean the top division in that country? Why don't you stop downing MLS and give it a little respect, after all it's only in it's 11th season.

9. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    Sorry I erased your name on the quote

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Does top-flight not mean the top division in that country? Why don't you stop downing MLS and give it a little respect, after all it's only in it's 11th season.[/QUOTE]

No, that is defined by Serie "A" or "Premier" League as oposed to serie B or second division or Zweite Bundesliga...top flight are the Leagues that are strongest in international competion due to the number of participating teams - Champion's League or Libertadores Cup! this is by no way a means to "down" the MLS. As far as respect, once they earn it, I promise to be the first to give it.

11. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    NP.

and relax dude. I aint trolling here. Only respectfully writting my personal opinion. I have not attacked anybody and don´t intend to.

"top-flight" and MLS do not Mix, just yet. No?

12. Tampico

Tampico New Member

May 22, 2005
    LOL.. They are right. MLS isn't really a respectable league. Not saying they are "trash," but the competitiveness and entertainment aspect is definitely not there... by a loOoOng shot. When MLS gets competitive and entertaining, THEN I'll watch.

Oh, and MLS doesn't have any outstanding teams that compete in International tourneys... If they did, they'de get slaughtered. That's as of now... who knows what the future holds for the MLS.

13. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    No, that is defined by Serie "A" or "Premier" League as oposed to serie B or second division or Zweite Bundesliga...top flight are the Leagues that are strongest in international competion due to the number of participating teams - Champion's League or Libertadores Cup! this is by no way a means to "down" the MLS. As far as respect, once they earn it, I promise to be the first to give it.[/quote]You forgot to mention "La Liga de las Estrellas" from Spain.

Currently the "Best" league in the world....

:rolleyes:

14. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    What the hell Moderators? I can´t quote or modify my posts?

WTF? :confused:

15. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    here's a suggestion...instead of bashing the mls for being a "shit" league why don't you give it some respect and help it grow? But of course you're one of the infamous Eurosnobs so the suggestion of supporting the mls instead of bashing it is blasphemous :rolleyes:

16. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    btw i'll be watching:

-MLS
    -EPL
    -Mexican Primera
    -Argentinian Primera

I would be watching Bundesliga this year but thats no longer possible. I really wish I had Setanta Sports...

17. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In OUR country, yes it is.

Troll. :rolleyes:

18. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

IN THIS COUNTRY, IT IS THE TOP-FLIGHT LEAGUE.

Please don't tell me that you are too stupid to understand this. :rolleyes:

19. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyway, to address the question now that I've dismissed the Eurosnobs.

The only league I follow, ever have followed, and will continue to follow is MLS. Once MLS shuts down in November I really won't be watching any soccer until MLS starts back up in March/April. I usually spend the offseason watching the NFL, and checking the MLS section of bigsoccer to stay on top of league news (offseason player movement, coach firings/hirings, expansion, stadiums, etc etc).

20. cuselover23

cuselover23 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    New York
    he's a eurosnob of course he's too stupid to understand this, he thinks he's clever telling us how much better the euroleagues are then the mls but besides the fact its pointless in telling us that (not many mls fans are going to say the mls is better then serie a :rolleyes:) you can't compare a league that has been around for 50-70 years to a league that has been around for about 10 and a half years now...common sense to most people but eurosnobs don't nearly have the intellect to grasp it

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Of Course Primera Liga (Supaliga) Got to see Benfica rise to the top. And cant forget Premiership... Want to see how C. Ronaldo n Rooney lol

22. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Premiership (because it's the most exciting league in the world)
    and
    MLS (because it's my league and if I don't support it it doesn't have a chance to grow)

23. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MLS is better than it was. The league is growing. But it's not where many of you think it is yet. And it sure as hell isn't a "Top Flight League".

But here's a suggestion. How about you guys stop crying like babies anytime anyone speaks the truth about where MLS is compared to the other top leagues in the world?

Anytime anyone has the "audacity" to speak "less than glowingly" about MLS, you crybabies come with all your "Eurosnob" crap.

The truth is simply the damned truth. When MLS is on par with the top leagues in the world, I'll be proud to shout to the heavens that my nation has finally caught up with the world's best in my favorite sport.

But until then, how about giving the crybaby crap a break? It's completly sickening.

Some of us just happen to appreciate the sport played at it's highest level.

And whether you guys choose to see it or not, MLS isn't even close.

Signed, A Card-Carrying "Eurosnob" :rolleyes:

24. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    australian a-league
    english premiership
    english championship

25. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    For me, top-flight has nothing to do with quality. It's just a way of describing the top-level league in any given country. Hence, MLS is top-flight.