Which teams do you wish to face in third round of WCQs next year?

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by +PL+, Nov 8, 2015.

1. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What the hell is with you and making fun of East Asian eyes? Are you 12?
    And exactly what achievements are we looking at here? :ROFLMAO:
    Please, open my small eyes to them if you may because I can't seem to see any.

Valkyrie repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ignore this troll. Uzbekistan can be a dark horse in the final round though. They are always behind the top 4, but can make life hard for any team in Asia.

Zandi360 repped this.
  3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To be fair they were very close to qualify in last WCQs. They showed astonishing results in first round and only choked in second round against us in Tashkent and your team in Seoul. If they didn't score that own goal in South Korea, perhaps S.Korea wouldn't qualify for WC 2014 for first time. Mr CKH would have been in a very odd situation, if that happened.

Diego Aguirre and Nurafshon repped this.
  4. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I don't think Korea or Japan had anything to do with Asia gaining more spots. By 2002 afc already had 4.5 spots while Korea and Japan didn't have their first World Cup victories yet.

5. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    AFC had 3.5 spots at that stage and were given an extra one because they had two hosts (they were originally given 4 without the playoff but after threatening to boycott UEFA agreed to give up half a spot for that tournament. It was the good performance of Japan and Korea that saw 4.5 spots awarded for 2006.

6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were very close because their 5-1 victory against Qatar was fixed. If Qatar did not lose 5-1 to Uzbek deliberately, we could say they were close but not very close.

7. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If they had drawn with south Korea in Seoul without that own goal, they were both with same points and even a draw in Tashkent meant Uzbekistan qualify for WC.

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  8. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you say very close it should mean that they were very close to qualify right before start of their last match and that was not the case. After their away lose against Korea, they did not have any chance realistically but Qatar deliberately conceded 5 goals to help them qualify instead of Iran which did not happen fortunately. At the end I taught both Iran and Korea were deserve to finish top two in that group.

KiarashM repped this.
  9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am sorry, but you don't make the rules here. I said they were very close and I stick to what I said for obvious reasons mentioned already. Now you can simply disagree.

10. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #60 AIL1998, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    I am not making any rule. I am just saying that Uzbekistan realistically did not have any chance to qualify after their away lose against Korea but Qatar tried to give them chance by conceding 5 goals in less than 30 minutes deliberately. So they were close to qualify and the main reason was fixing their Qatar match not anything else.

KiarashM and TigersOfAsia repped this.
  11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Uzbeks had a hand in that match fixing. Qataris were happy to do whatever they could to see us not qualified.

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Yes, especially we used to rape shitty teams like yours, aroghi

13. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    how we didn't have chances after losing in Korea? if Korea would beat Iran we would qualify to WC winning Qatar with any result

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    :ROFLMAO: Please tell me more about Uzbekistan's achievements.

KiarashM repped this.
  15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #65 AIL1998, Mar 4, 2016
    It was clear that Korea does not win that game. Their squad was very depleted for that game. They did not have Koo ja Cheol, Ki sung young (my favorite Korean player), and Park chu young for that game. They also rested some of their other key players like Lee Chung Young, Lee keun hoo (he was used as sub against us in Ulsan), Kwak Tae hee, etc.

Basically they used all of their power and energy against Uzbekistan in Seoul. They did not have enough energy and motivation to beat us and they did not need it either. On the other hand we needed that victory more than any other time. So it was not hard to predict draw or Iran victory for that game.

So realistically Uzbekistan did not have chance to qualify after away lose against Korea but Qatar tried to give you chance by conceding 5 goals in less than 30 minutes deliberately.

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #66 +PL+, Mar 4, 2016
    You forgot they used their all times best, fiercely popular, legendary man, Lee Dong Gook against us. Koreans love him so much. He is like another CBK or PJS for them!:) I guess many Koreans name their children Dong Gook in his honor. Even Lee Dong Gook couldn't change the outcome of that match and he is still playing for best Korean team with CKH.

[​IMG]

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    ...most of us hated LDG...

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know some of you don't like him, that was to spice it up. :) But he is a good player and some other Koreans still love him.

19. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Give me any team besides Saudi because they'll try to steal our homefield advantage by complaining to AFC. Brb safest country in middle east.

I'd rather have a group of Japan-Aus- Iran-Uzbekistan- Thailand-North Korea then a group of Qatar,UAE, Saudi, Jordan. The mind games get boring.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    After 2010 world cup most Koreans hated him and wanted younger players to play.

21. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #71 KiarashM, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    My ideal groups:

1.Iran
    2.Australia

3.Uzbekistan
    4.Jordan
    5.Syria
    6.Thailand

1.South Korea
    2.Japan

3.Saudi Arabia
    4.Iraq
    5.North Korea
    6.Qatar

Bold = Qualification to 2018 World Cup
    Italic = Play-Offs

22. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My ideal groups:

1. Japan
    2. Iran

3. South Korea
    4. Australia
    5. North Korea
    6. Iraq

1. Uzbekistan
    2. Thailand

3. Saudi Arabia
    4. Qatar
    5. Jordan
    6. Syria

Bold = Qualification to 2018 World Cup
    Italic = Play-Offs
    :D

Diego Aguirre and Farhad Khan repped this.
  23. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    niqqa u high?

24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #74 +PL+, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    I ain't high man. I want excitement and high quality matches. What is the point of having an easy group, reach to WC and end up the 3rd or 4th of the group. This way at least we have some entertainment better than Asian Championship because there is something at stake. A group with Iran, S.Korea, N.Korea, Japan, Australia, and KSA will be highly hyped up with political BS. A group with Iran, S.Korea, Japan, Australia, Uzbekistan and Jordan we get the highest level of competition in Asia. Just imagine all of us in a group of death. Can you even miss watching a single match?

Interesting news:
    Arab Fooball Associates founded "Arab World Cup" in lack of recent success of many Arab nations to qualify for Real World Cup. It is very innovative way to enjoy football. :whistling::thumbsup:

Quoting an Iraqi BS member "Yas-The-Gunner":

In other news the Arab Champions League is going to return next season, under the new name of "Arab World Cup".

http://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=36164881

The rumours suggest:

• The 2016/17 edition will be hosted in Cairo, Egypt and will include just 9 teams, split over 3 groups, with the 3 group winners and 1 best runner up advancing to the semi finals. There will probably be no Iraqi teams in that edition.
    • From the 2017/18 edition onwards there will be 32 teams in the competition. There will be two knockout rounds (Round of 32 and Round of 16). During these knockout rounds teams from Asia can only play other teams from Asia and teams from Africa can only play other teams from Africa.
    • The 8 teams (4 from Asia and 4 from Africa) who win their Round of 16 matches will qualify to the quarter finals. The quarter finals, semi finals and the final will all be held in the same country. The 8 qualified teams will be joined by 1 team from the host country to make 9 teams. They will be split into 3 groups of 3, with the 3 group winners and the best runner up advancing to the semi finals.
    • In terms of the participating teams, the 2017/18 edition onwards will include 16 Asian and 16 African teams. The top 4 Asian countries in the UAFA based on the FIFA Rankings (Iraq are currently 5th) will have two teams participating in the tournament, meanwhile the next 8 Asian countries in the UAFA will have one participating team. The top 6 African countries in the UAFA will have two participating teams, and the next 4 African countries will have one participating team.
    This is great news for Iraqi football and will give our clubs more opportunity to qualify for an intercontinental club competition. Hopefully by the 2017/18 season we are in the top 4 Asian countries in UAFA so we can have 2 teams in the Arab World Cup and 2 in the AFC Cup.

25. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    All Arab nations should take part in this so called Arab World Cup, and withdraw from Asian Champions League. At least we will get rid from the annoying Saudi, Qatari and Emirati teams and we can merge West-Asia with East-Asia. Much more excitement will come when Iranian and Uzbek teams play Korean and Japanese.