Which team will win Super Bowl LIII?

Discussion in 'San Jose OT' started by Goodsport, Jan 20, 2019.

?

Which team will win Super Bowl LIII?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2019.
  1. Los Angeles Rams

25.0%
  2. New England Patriots

75.0%
  1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why? :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a long-time San Francisco 49ers fan, I'm in a bit of a quandary regarding which team to root for in this year's Super Bowl.

On the one hand, the Rams have nearly always been the 49ers' archrivals, even when they were in St. Louis but especially now that they're back in Los Angeles. :eek:

On the other hand, the 49ers are currently only one of three teams with five Super Bowl wins, along with the Patriots and the Cowboys (only the Steelers have more Super Bowl wins with six). A Patriots win in this Super Bowl will vault yet another team past the 49ers in the Super Bowl wins department. :(

That's why a Saints-Chiefs Super Bowl would've been ideal for me, but in the end I'll likely simply sit back and enjoy the game and its commercials regardless. :)

-G

3. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As much as I've come to detest the NFL, I can't help but vote on this. I think New England will win simply due to their experience and ability to seemingly overcome any obstacles to win games like this. I don't actually care who wins, but I am pretty tired of the Patriots being in the Super Bowl all the time. I don't know what kind of deal with the devil Belichick and Brady signed, but I keep waiting for the day when the debt gets repaid.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's the day! :thumbsup:

-G

5. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, I predicted accurately, at least. What a disaster of a game. Practically zero offense, the referees decided to never call pass interference, thus hindering the pathetic offenses even further. Maybe it's just me, but the entire production of the Superbowl seems so phoned in. The ads were dull and uninteresting, the half-time show was a thing, I guess.

From top to bottom, it honestly looked like nobody actually cared about this game. Could be just my perception, but I do wonder if it's predictive of some serious drop off in dollars being pushed toward the event.