Which one of yous lost the flag

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Wile Coyote, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Yesturday at the stadium Libertadores de america Club Atletico Independiente Thugs welcomed their team with stolen flags from the world cup... They displayed their trophies and sang for the owners to come and get them!! Many were british flags 1 from spain a few from germany 1 from mexico serbia and montenegro holand and ivory coast and AN AMERICAN FLAG with the SAMS ARMY logo in the middle being waved around.....

Come on who was it who "lost" the flag.....which one of yous has the shame of losing it to un villero del rojo.......Which one of yous were mugged for the flag....

For Copa america if the US goes if you aint prepared to defend your banners DONT TAKE THEM!!!!!

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were they possibly traded (like players' shirts) with supporters from other countries as souvenirs of friends met at the World Cup?

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Sadly most of the shit that people bring to games in the US gets stolen. I usually bring 4-5 flags/banners whenever I go to a game and I consider myself lucky if I bring half of it back.

4. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    No these flags were not traded THEY WERE STOLEN and when they display these trophies it means some one got beat up over them...

I was really suprised that Independiente stole many more flags that any one else.. River had Huge germany flags sweden and holand

in LA12 i saw boca had taken an italian fans huge flag and a super huge german flag....

As far as sams army people that bring banners and lose them or let them get stolen that is a SHAME FOR ANY GROUP I would never just sit and watch some jamaican dude or any one else trying to steal a flag I would rock him one if I had too even if I dont know who the owner of the banner is..

In Uruguay and many places over to make a banner or pay for one to be made and to travel with it and have a history with it you dont sit back and watch it get stolen you fight regardless if there are 5 guys vs you alone...
    if you lose it then you know deep down inside you lost it going down but to just give it away you shame yourself...or to be drunk and forget about it is UNACCEPTABLE...

If you make the time to make a banner then take some pride in keeping it.. if you love to get wasted B-4 the game and your banner hangs and is forgotten about it then YOU DONT DESERVE TO HAVE A BANNER..... If you are at a huge event just because you are a nice guy does not mean every one else is nice too... leave the game and head quickly to your hotel and drop off your flag AND THEN COME OUT and hang with different fans and trade jersies dont go to get drunk with your flag in your hand where you will become a victim of the not so nice fans that go to huge events..

I saw many creative banners for the nats vs latavia and hung my banner which has notthing to do with US SOCCER or even an MLS team beside them with pride... I have hung my banner for US games many times over and It gets this look from americans as if its Nice but its not MLS or US Soccer.. but then they get happy that I'm for the gringos and not against and then I get free beer!!!!

My Flag WHICH IS UNDEFEATED for the USA NATS is displayed for Club Nacional de Futbol (uruguay) and ahead of time I have a car close by so my flag can make a get away after a high risk game or I hand it over to the ball boys who take it into nacionals locker for safe keeping until the next day when i can reclaim it... or i give it to a girl who I know that has her car parked very close by and she flees with the flags to the safe confines of her home.. And if its a surrounding I am not sure I can hand the flag over for a get away THE FLAG DOES NOT TRAVEL!!!!

If i am on the road I'll defend it tooth and nails even if I'm caught alone.(but I'll never be caught alone)..
    If i'm on the road its usually with other Hard Core nacional fans my back pack straped as tight as it can be and a good old fashion AMERICAN RAWLINGS base ball in a long black soccer sock in my pants for self defence if I have too.. A sock loaded with worthless pennies can also cause sever damage..just a tip...

I would NEVER AGAIN show my face in Nacional if I were to lose my flag in a stupid way and see how the enemy displays it to my face.....

I'm just telling you all a few unofficial "banner Rules" so in your travels you can make sure you leave the states with your flag and return to the states with it and NOT THE SHAME of losing one........

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'm pretty sure that if any US fans had been beaten up in Germany we would've heard about it by now.

Having a US flag stolen/taken down by an opposing fan is one thing. The shit stolen at US games is presumably stolen by other US fans--which means no-one is going to do anything about it because, unless you see someone taking down a banner or flag that belongs to you or one of your friends, there's no way of knowing that it doesn't belong to whoever is taking it down. How do I know it's taken by other US fans?? Well, I always hang my shit in front of/behind sections that are completely full of US fans, as I'm standing in that section and it makes it easier for me to grab it and go after the game. Most US fans are not going to sit idly by while some Mexican or Trinidadian takes down a US flag or pro-US banner. In one instance when I wasn't able to hang my banner in the section I was in, I looked over immediately after the final whistle and saw it; stayed in the section for 15 minutes or so celebrating the win; looked back over and it was gone.

Go ******** yourself...I'm not going to miss out on having a good time and seeing friends before the game, then supporting my team 110% during the game so that I can babysit a banner that cost me 10 minutes and $1.50 for a Goodwill bedsheet to make.

I will say though, that it's gotten to the point where I've pretty much stopped buying flags for US games. I'll still bring a few cheap Stars and Stripes flags to each game but I'm done plunking down $20 a pop for some kind of specialty flag (like a Culpepper flag someone lifted in Hartford or the "Come and Take It" flag that got stolen RIGHT FROM THE BACK RAILING OF THE SAM'S ARMY SECTION in Columbus last September). I don't care as much about losing a $5 US flag or a cheap spray-paint-and-bedsheet banner, especially because in the case of the US flag there's a good chance that it was an honest mistake (there are dozens just like it hanging up around the stadium) and that whoever took it will bring it to future US games.

6. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah well some of us have better things to worry about. Nor do we want to start acting like ridiculous Urugrayans. BTW, we don't call ourselves "gringos" ********er.

7. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Blah blah blah. If someone wants to kick my ass to take the Uncle Sam's Cross I made, they can have it. Not like I can't find another $14 to buy materials again.

It's not worth getting into fisticuffs over a piece of fabric. :rolleyes:

8. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell that to Betsy Ross!

9. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I would but she doesn't have an account on here!
    (edit: horrible comeback, my humor skills are shot at the moment. :()

10. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahaha actually that was good :)

She'd prolly neg rep you anyways if you lost a flag.

11. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    So these guys walk up to banners at a game where fans aren't segregated, take banners that no one is watching, and then only act like tough guys when they get back to their club. Yeah, we're the losers.

12. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    One of my U.S. flags that I purchased from Palmero10, which was hung in Nuremburg, wasn't there when I get to go get it after the game. Furthermore, my Penn State flag was stuffed underneath the banner they had put up over the upper tier's railing, which really upset me. Especially since the security guard I passed through claimed I couldn't bring the flag in, and it was only after a manager/supervisor gave it the OK.

13. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wasnt even allowed to take my 6x10 usa flag into the ghana game . I was very angry . They checked my ticket , then they checked our bags , and said the flag was too big ! i saw a ghana flag across the stadium just as big , if not bigger .

14. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    I hung up my flags in the upper deck pretty early (before warmups had started) and I noticed from my seat that they were getting blown back up over the railing so that they were no longer hanging pretty often (it was windy that afternoon). I wonder if that was why yout Penn State flag ended up as it did, or if someone was getting annoyed by it? One of my flags was one of the Navy Jack "DON'T TREAD..." which was made out of a pretty flimsy single layer of material. I had to ask some Americans who were sitting in the first row to watch them and flip them back over for me.

Regarding people stealing flags, I wonder if it's a good idea to ask the people sitting behind them (or Americans close by) to look after them for you (as I did in Nurnberg). Anyone still gotten burned doing this?

15. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know that they had Fire fans in Uruguay. Those bastards love to steal flags and banners.

16. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ***********NEWS FLASH***************
    We LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

In South America they also bribe the cops when they get pulled over. Then they bribe the judge if the bribe to the cop wasn't big enough. Should we do that here, too?

Should we stage coup d'etats every two years?

If we're talking strictly soccer, should we follow suit and start some racist chants for opposing players?

Should we kidnap family members of star players?

Just because it's part of the soccer culture in South America doesn't mean we need or want it here.

17. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    ........ which was probably made in China anyway.

18. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000

How can it be shameful if we don't fecking care? To steal a flag (not even an opposing teams' flag mind you) from someone who doesn't give a rat's arse and display it as a "trophy" of some sort to opposing club teams back home in SA as a measure of who's the toughest firm or whatever? Sounds pretty childish to me, espceially since I'm sure many US fans forget their baners at stadiums so their essentially free for the taking.
    I used to think chicks would dig me more if I had a fast car.
    Do you get more points if it is English? German? What about Bahrain?