Review: Which of these players was most 'over-rated'?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by pwilky, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dony

dony New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you sure , well I suppose Fernando Niembro, Enrique Macaya , La Vechia or Galvao Bueno are nobody for you ?

2. Luiz Nazario

Luiz Nazario New Member

May 20, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Roberto Carlos is one of the best LB in history. I don't know what the hell y'all talking about.

3. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[The problem is that "Becks" isn't/wasn't best known for or is actually judged on lining-up as a "AM", "right FW", or as a winger: he usually started and played at wide-right in a four-man midfield for both United and England (sometimes called a "RM" in more modern positional lingo). The likes of Ryan Giggs functioned as the out-&-out "flying" winger in those United teams IMHO. Beckham constantly gets pilloried for supposedly not excelling in a role that he almost never played in the first place.

Believe me, I'm also the first to go after Beckham when I believe that he is getting undue praise as well...]

4. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Why are you saying that Robson is an over-rated player, mate?]

5. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I only made top5 of the list (from someone else) .. that's all - not my list

6. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Ah, I've got your meaning now, mate... :thumbsup:]

7. Nix1899

Nix1899 New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with David Beckham being over-rated. I hear more about him posing for pictures than leading his club to victory.

Although I must admit Zlatan is overpaid, I still think that he has incredible talent and deserves to be where he is today.