Which non-Euro/non-SA nation will place the highest in WC06?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by yellowbismark, Feb 14, 2006.

1. LittleWonder

LittleWonder New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Melbourne
    Mexico for me - possibly as far as the semis.
    U.S.A - maybe because they do play well as a unit without a lot of stars.
    Ivory Coast looks the most likely of the African sides. IIRC the Portugal group isn't that strong.

I predict that Australia will draw with both Croatia and Japan, but Japan will sneak past Croatia to get through to round 2. Where they will meet Italy I think.

Its getting harder to predict because many nations best XI is improving fairly quickly. While the established nations still need to strike a good balance with their sides and the right mix on the park.

Holland to win the cup.

2. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Like both of these predictions....and I think you hit the USA right on the money....they will win their group.

3. metrofan89

metrofan89 Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Funny, Ive never seen any USMNT fan say we'll win the World Cup, were not THAT jaded.

But I do honestly think we can pull 1st in our group with some luck.

4. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not expect 1800 votes. Nice work people!!

I am really impressed with the way the US team is playing lately, although these exhibition games don't mean much.

I am going to predict that the US will earn a draw from one of either Italy or Czech Republic. If they can beat Ghana, then 4 pts would be a pretty respectable outcome in this fairly difficult group. Making it out of a group with 4 pts is a tossup. I expect 3rd place, I'll call it a success if we make 2nd place. A trip to the 16 would be a good followup to 2002.